AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  All I Want For Christmas Is Divided By Friday (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2965272)

Alex DiVincenzo 11/27/12 12:29 PM

All I Want For Christmas Is Divided By Friday

Listen to Divided By Friday's rendition of "All I Want For Christmas Is You" from Hopeless for the Holidays in the replies.

Alex DiVincenzo 11/27/12 12:29 PM

guitarguy211 11/27/12 12:40 PM

Great cover. Jose can really sing.

Now they just need to release a full-length.

Freshman15Davey 11/27/12 01:00 PM

So fucking good. Love these guys.

HeyItsAllyssa 11/27/12 01:20 PM

I love the singer's voice. It's been said before but it's like P. Stump and Brendon Urie's lovechild.

Coverbydesign 11/27/12 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarguy211 (Post 115805142)

I hope a full length. sooner than later. Playing the same EP over and over again sadly is getting boring.

guitarguy211 11/27/12 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coverbydesign (Post 115808072)
I hope a full length. sooner than later. Playing the same EP over and over again sadly is getting boring.

Agreed. The Constant and Prove It are both gems. I need to get my hands on their old EPs as well haha.
From what I've heard though, they've been recording with Mount and Odom for a while now. 2013 could be a good year for Hopeless.

Sawhney[rusted] 11/27/12 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarguy211 (Post 115808532)
Agreed. The Constant and Prove It are both gems. I need to get my hands on their old EPs as well haha.
From what I've heard though, they've been recording with Mount and Odom for a while now. 2013 could be a good year for Hopeless.

To be honest, I love Forget and Follow. Got more energy than their other stuff. And I'm darn near hoping that Divided by Friday, For the Foxes, Anarbor, and The Wonder Years all release stellar albums next year. Going to be awesome.

PirateSkater182 11/27/12 02:26 PM

Can't wait for the Driver F song.

guitarguy211 11/27/12 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawhney[rusted] (Post 115810722)
To be honest, I love Forget and Follow. Got more energy than their other stuff. And I'm darn near hoping that Divided by Friday, For the Foxes, Anarbor, and The Wonder Years all release stellar albums next year. Going to be awesome.

Absolutely. Forget and Follow is a jam. I always forget mentioning it though because of it being released on the Hopeless comp.

With you on most of those releases--Hopeless could have a GREAT year. I'm expecting a lot from new releases by Anarbor, Divided By Friday, and We Are The In Crowd. Not into The Wonder Years all that much, but I bet their new album will do very well. For The Foxes can write some great pop. If Yellowcard keeps it up, we may get another album from them next year (very unlikely though). And also, There For Tomorrow is due for a new album--I'd be interested to hear something new from them. The Dangerous Summer has started working on War Paint's follow-up. And I kinda expect Driver Friendly to get a Hopeless reissue or something now that their album has been pulled from everywhere.

Coverbydesign 11/27/12 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawhney[rusted] (Post 115810722)

My wallet is going to hate me in 2013 but oh well

Quijiba 11/27/12 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarguy211 (Post 115805142)

agreed. They are really quite good and I mean by now they have honed their skills for long enough to release some sort of full length

RockVocalPower 11/27/12 06:21 PM

Damn, this was really well done. Jose sang his butt off, too.

Like everyone else in here, I am dying for a full-length. Hopefully it's coming soon!

Xiegfried 11/27/12 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarguy211 (Post 115811182)
Absolutely. Forget and Follow is a jam. I always forget mentioning it though because of it being released on the Hopeless comp.

With you on most of those releases--Hopeless could have a GREAT year. I'm expecting a lot from new releases by Anarbor, Divided By Friday, and We Are The In Crowd. Not into The Wonder Years all that much, but I bet their new album will do very well. For The Foxes can write some great pop. If Yellowcard keeps it up, we may get another album from them next year (very unlikely though). And also, There For Tomorrow is due for a new album--I'd be interested to hear something new from them. The Dangerous Summer has started working on War Paint's follow-up. And I kinda expect Driver Friendly to get a Hopeless reissue or something now that their album has been pulled from everywhere.

Sadly, no new Yellowcard next year. They're touring the entire year.

As for the cover, it's pretty awesome. I may have to check out Divided By Friday now.

KennethMount 11/27/12 07:27 PM

love this cover. love these guys a lot

guitarguy211 11/27/12 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiegfried (Post 115822142)
Sadly, no new Yellowcard next year. They're touring the entire year.

As for the cover, it's pretty awesome. I may have to check out Divided By Friday now.

Actually, I'm very happy with that. I haven't ever seen YC on a club tour (only Warped), so I definitely want to see them as much as possible next year.

And DBF is well worth checking out.

Xiegfried 11/27/12 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarguy211 (Post 115822982)
Actually, I'm very happy with that. I haven't ever seen YC on a club tour (only Warped), so I definitely want to see them as much as possible next year.

And DBF is well worth checking out.

They've been my favorite band since I was in the fifth or sixth grade, so I made an effort to see them once per headliner since they got back together haha. It's always a great show, so definitely make it out if you can. They delivered two fantastic albums over the past two years, so I can't get too down on them for not immediately going for another one right now. New music from them is always welcome, though.

GetUpAndrew 11/28/12 01:31 AM

Well done cover, I've enjoyed it.

dohare 11/28/12 08:07 AM

i do enjoy his voice. but that tremble in his voice, really really bothers me sometimes.

i enjoyed this.

guitarguy211 11/28/12 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiegfried (Post 115829032)
They've been my favorite band since I was in the fifth or sixth grade, so I made an effort to see them once per headliner since they got back together haha. It's always a great show, so definitely make it out if you can. They delivered two fantastic albums over the past two years, so I can't get too down on them for not immediately going for another one right now. New music from them is always welcome, though.

I got into them right as they went on hiatus, so I missed my opportunity then. And since being back, they havent made it out to Portland for a headliner. One of these days though.

mattdbf 11/28/12 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTDBDesign (Post 115807492)
I love the singer's voice. It's been said before but it's like P. Stump and Brendon Urie's lovechild.

HeyItsAllyssa 11/28/12 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattdbf (Post 115840492)

Hahaha this made my day! And thus why I love DBF :-d