AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  AP.net Chat Announcement: Triple Crown Records Tour (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2965352)

baton 11/28/12 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuneJuly (Post 115831532)
I can't believe there hasn't been a ' MovMou should go back to Pneuma ' comment yet.

Personally, I prefer Waves. That album made them one of my favorite bands.

and yeah, that's a good thing! My favourite is definitely Foreword, and I really loved New Light, but everything they do is stunning, and Waves was a very fitting supplement to their catalogue. Seeing them live after Waves assured me that it's a good set of songs to add something more to their concerts... Can't wait to see what will they do with this upcoming new album.

Deathco_019 11/28/12 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACA (Post 115811252)
Moving Mountains is so ridiculously under-rated, it's insane. They are the equivalent of what fun. did with Aim and Ignite in 2009. Hopefully it doesn't take them three years and an underwhelming record to make a buck.

Caspian is totally solid, but I don't get into the genre too much so I don't really need to see them again. If you like thick, interesting, and somewhat-heavy instrumental rock, though, it's like a dream come true. I had a lot of fun sitting side-stage and just watching them play with their effects and pedals. For guitar nerds, you need to see them.

O'Brother should be up my alley, but the vocalist doesn't connect with me in any way. I've been to nearly 20 shows where they've opened, but most of the time I skip out. They remind me of how I see Pearl Jam -- the vocals just don't agree with me, but there's just so much awesomeness about the band in every other way. I think a lot of people would find a lot to love here.

Really stoked for this tour in early December, see you at the Maxwells date.

Eat shit.

Deathco_019 11/28/12 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanGarner (Post 115817892)
I really wish the Philly date wasn't 21+.

It was changed to all ages. The Facebook event says that now. It used to say 21+, now it says "all ages."

RyanGarner 11/28/12 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathco_019 (Post 115838722)
It was changed to all ages. The Facebook event says that now. It used to say 21+, now it says "all ages."

Thanks for the heads up! Probably not the best idea with finals coming up but I'll be there.

Deathco_019 11/28/12 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanGarner (Post 115840052)
Thanks for the heads up! Probably not the best idea with finals coming up but I'll be there.

I don't give a shit about finals. I am NOT passing this show up.

Bastian.K 12/03/12 09:51 AM

Depressing Seasons

All my life i've felt like my family wasn't as close knit as i would have liked it to be. But since the passing of my mother i have become somewhat of a nihilist. This thanksgiving i just lied down and listened to O'BRO's Garden Window on vinyl. The album and band get me through life.