AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  iTunes 11 Hits App Store (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2967792)

Gaugzilla 11/29/12 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115889062)
Most everything is M4V it seems these days (and I've found it's a more consistent quality), or you can convert it with Handbrake if you happen upon something like that.

Yea, I fully support M4V for their consistency, but I have a ton of old AVI files I would like to stream through Apple TV that won't merely because they're AVI. Those could be converted, but old stuff like some TV series that I only have in AVI are screwed because they would take forever. Just seems like an easy fix.

Also, completely agree on Rdio - one of the best music services out there. No programs needed. Beautiful design.

ZachMadeMeOdd 11/29/12 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSLYBY (Post 115888082)
Itunes match sucks. So buggy.


Really? I had only heard good things so far.

Chris Collum 11/29/12 11:44 AM

Think I'm gonna upgrade to Mountain Lion mostly for iCloud now (still stuck on Snow Leopard because I'm lazy/cheap haha). Worth it?

3GunGaz 11/29/12 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 115889012)
yes I love it


Show off haha

Drew Beringer 11/29/12 11:46 AM

making iTunes not a bloated, slow, piece of shit software is the most impressive thing Apple has done in all of 2012.

bobsheiskawy 11/29/12 11:48 AM

my number one desire from apple: larger capacity ipod classic.

ZachMadeMeOdd 11/29/12 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 115889522)
making iTunes not a bloated, slow, piece of shit software is the most impressive thing Apple has done in all of 2012.


Agreed. The screenshots I'm seeing so far are great.

Drew Beringer 11/29/12 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsheiskawy (Post 115889602)
my number one desire from apple: larger capacity ipod classic.

never gonna happen

bobsheiskawy 11/29/12 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 115889692)
never gonna happen

i know. seems like there's zero focus on that line anymore. actually wouldn't be surprised if they just phased it out in the next year or two. that doesn't stop me from hoping, though haha.

OneAndrewWest 11/29/12 11:55 AM

rdio is amazing, I haven't even starting collecting all the music I listen to on it. I just scroll through new releases all the time. Works so well on my phone and love the layout.

3GunGaz 11/29/12 12:05 PM

Why did they get rid of the 'DISPLAY DUPLICATES' option? Boo! (Only complaint so far to be fair)

nickthehick2 11/29/12 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3GunGaz (Post 115888232)
Compelling! Thanks for stopping by.

Have me back soon.

phillyboy87 11/29/12 12:08 PM

Cool story bro.

sammyboy516 11/29/12 12:13 PM

"This version of iTunes (10.7) is the current version." Hope I can download it soon.

Qadriyyah 11/29/12 12:15 PM

Loving it!

Chris Collum 11/29/12 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3GunGaz (Post 115890242)
Why did they get rid of the 'DISPLAY DUPLICATES' option? Boo! (Only complaint so far to be fair)

Damn really? Glad I wiped out a bunch of dupes I discovered a couple days ago haha

InvaderPhantom 11/29/12 12:23 PM

Wow, this looks beautiful. I love the new feature how the display adapts to the album covers, it looks fantastic.

Sadly I still can't download it. I hope I can still do it today...

ZachMadeMeOdd 11/29/12 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 115889692)
never gonna happen


Don't know why anyone would need one that big. I have 13,000+ songs and all my photos on it and I think that filled roughly half of it.

JayDanielHammer 11/29/12 12:30 PM

Is this eligible for XP as well? I keep it old school. (for not having enough money and this one still works because I upgraded the RAM reasons)

Hope to get it soon. Still rocking the iPod Classic.

cdash 11/29/12 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachMadeMeOdd (Post 115891072)
Don't know why anyone would need one that big. I have 13,000+ songs and all my photos on it and I think that filled roughly half of it.

I have a 160 gb classic and it is full. 25,000+ songs pretty much does it. I don't have TV shows, movies, pictures, or anything like that on there.

xtbs7645x 11/29/12 12:35 PM

Its amazing!! far better than I was expecting :) Also, only took them 3 years.. but snap finally works!!!

irthesteve 11/29/12 12:36 PM

this seamless playing on each tab (album, song, playlist) is amazing

JayDanielHammer 11/29/12 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 115889522)
making iTunes not a bloated, slow, piece of shit software is the most impressive thing Apple has done in all of 2012.

This is what I want. One of the reasons I had to upgrade my RAM immediately was how enormous iTunes was.

jordalsh 11/29/12 12:47 PM

this is why I love this website: a whole thread full of people freaking out about the new iTunes update.:-)

adamPOP 11/29/12 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConnorCorruptNJ (Post 115886872)
once I have power I'll check it out:


You are still out of power from the storm? That is terrible man, I hope it comes back up for you soon...

JustinDM 11/29/12 12:50 PM

The only important thing....is it fast on windows?

irthesteve 11/29/12 12:52 PM

- can't figure how to arrange the albums in "Artist" by Year.
- in playlist view, I wish the little album art was still in the bottom left corner

irthesteve 11/29/12 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinDM (Post 115892412)
The only important thing....is it fast on windows?

so far, yes. But searching is way slower. I tried to type in "the Beatles" in the Artists tab and it froze up a little before loading the search

Jason Tate 11/29/12 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack-182 (Post 115889122)
I don't know. Just being able to manage music, documents, photos, videos, etc, etc would be much easier in my mind that way - at least in iOS. I see that complaint a lot for the iPhone


Ah, so like a file system ... yeah, I think their entire goal is to remove the file system. Heh.

JayDanielHammer 11/29/12 12:56 PM

Looks nice.

xtbs7645x 11/29/12 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irthesteve (Post 115892562)
- can't figure how to arrange the albums in "Artist" by Year.
- in playlist view, I wish the little album art was still in the bottom left corner

Click the icon on the top left and then show menu bar. Click view, view options and then you can change it. Also can get back the status bar and such there.

Jason Tate 11/29/12 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordalsh (Post 115892222)
this is why I love this website: a whole thread full of people freaking out about the new iTunes update.:-)

:lol:

Such a great point. I told my GF today when she asked what I was doing today, "uh, I'm talking with other people about iTunes 11." Hahaha, she gave me a look like, "what in the hell??"

Yes, yes, this is what I am doing.

JayDanielHammer 11/29/12 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115892912)
:lol:

Such a great point. I told my GF today when she asked what I was doing today, "uh, I'm talking with other people about iTunes 11." Hahaha, she gave me a look like, "what in the hell??"

Yes, yes, this is what I am doing.

I get this way about ANYTHING that updates of my gadgets.

irthesteve 11/29/12 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtbs7645x (Post 115892882)
Click the icon on the top left and then show menu bar. Click view, view options and then you can change it. Also can get back the status bar and such there.

beautiful, thanks

Jason Tate 11/29/12 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay_klinkhammer (Post 115893022)
I get this way about ANYTHING that updates of my gadgets.

I know. Heh, I spent a good 30 minutes just playing around with Fantastical for my iPhone this morning. And the new Rdio app just a couple days ago.

Super dorky.

killbrand.com 11/29/12 01:07 PM

I prefer Spotify.

Lightsout911X 11/29/12 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack-182 (Post 115886852)
Per my complain: You can go to show > turn on sidebar. phew

Thank you. Almost had a heart attack there.

xtbs7645x 11/29/12 01:13 PM

the up next feature is great, hopefully it carries over to iOS

White 11/29/12 01:17 PM

Is there any way to get the artwork to show up in song/list view the way it did in the last version?

emmx8D 11/29/12 01:30 PM

Oh wow.. all of these cloud purchases are embarrassing but I like the design/concept of being able to see all of your albums right when you open iTunes, whether or not you have them downloaded to your library. Dunno if that was available like it is now prior to the new version, never really checked it out. Regardless it's pretty cool.

Lightsout911X 11/29/12 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsheiskawy (Post 115889782)
i know. seems like there's zero focus on that line anymore. actually wouldn't be surprised if they just phased it out in the next year or two. that doesn't stop me from hoping, though haha.

I have about 70 gigs of music stored on my external harddrive since I don't have room for it on my iPod. It's a bitch trying to make everything fit.

websmith 11/29/12 01:46 PM

Probably still slow as shit on my PC.

ConnorCorruptNJ 11/29/12 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamPOP (Post 115892382)
You are still out of power from the storm? That is terrible man, I hope it comes back up for you soon...


it's back but they keep disconnecting it so they can rewire my house cuz my bottom floor got fucked. thank you though.

xtbs7645x 11/29/12 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by websmith (Post 115896412)
Probably still slow as shit on my PC.

I never understood why so many people complain about iTunes being slow.. I have a decent laptop at best (1.73 cpu, 3gb ram) and its always run smoothly.

Coverbydesign 11/29/12 02:07 PM

About damn time

xtbs7645x 11/29/12 02:49 PM

updating iTunes match is still awful. was hoping this update would fix it.

JayDanielHammer 11/29/12 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtbs7645x (Post 115896922)
I never understood why so many people complain about iTunes being slow.. I have a decent laptop at best (1.73 cpu, 3gb ram) and its always run smoothly.

It's the 3GB ram part. My PC came with 512MB. I have 2 now but it was slow as shit before.

Searos 11/29/12 03:10 PM

Will update a few months from now. Itunes is always super buggy upon update.

AbbeyCarbs 11/29/12 03:18 PM

Anyone know if there's a way to get the Artists tab into grid view? That's how I've always preferred my iTunes... If it could do the same thing as the Albums tab, it would be awesome.

xtbs7645x 11/29/12 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay_klinkhammer (Post 115900102)
It's the 3GB ram part. My PC came with 512MB. I have 2 now but it was slow as shit before.

Haha well yea, theres your problem. 512 is basically useless. How old is your comp? 512 is really low.