AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Hellogoodbye Daytrotter Sessions (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2967992)

Jason Tate 11/29/12 01:05 PM

Hellogoodbye Daytrotter Sessions
 
Hellogoodbye's Daytrotter Sessions are now up, with two new songs.

Submitted by EndlessPrisoner

irthesteve 11/29/12 01:06 PM

Purchased a year pass for Daytrotter yesterday. Worthy purchase

EndlessPrisoner 11/29/12 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irthesteve (Post 115893492)
Purchased a year pass for Daytrotter yesterday. Worthy purchase

you should have told me you wanted it because then i would have referred you and then i would have gotten free shit. c'mon

EndlessPrisoner 11/29/12 01:13 PM

These two new songs are fantastic. Super catchy and the electronics are really cool. It's what the first album should have been like if it wasn't insanely cheesy.

irthesteve 11/29/12 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 115893922)
you should have told me you wanted it because then i would have referred you and then i would have gotten free shit. c'mon

had no idea that was a thing. sorry broseph

EndlessPrisoner 11/29/12 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irthesteve (Post 115894142)
had no idea that was a thing. sorry broseph

its ok darlin' life gets better

SpyKi 11/29/12 01:24 PM

<3

sweetfootaction 11/29/12 01:38 PM

Is this a completely new set? They had already done one a while back.

bladerdude360 11/29/12 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetfootaction (Post 115895852)
Is this a completely new set? They had already done one a while back.

It looks like they've done several, this is the newest one. Two new songs as well as two old ones.

bobby runs 11/29/12 02:18 PM

Thought I already had a Daytrotter account from some years ago. Guess I don't

sweetfootaction 11/29/12 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladerdude360 (Post 115896602)
It looks like they've done several, this is the newest one. Two new songs as well as two old ones.

Jeez, I didn't know they did a second in January. I only had the one from '09.

Also, Daytrotter has the title to the song 'When We First Met' wrong twice on two of the three sets HGB has done.

brandon_260 11/29/12 05:00 PM

Love this version of Here In Your Arms.

SmeezyBeezy 11/29/12 07:38 PM

New songs are great. Bring on the new album!

fireandice31 11/29/12 08:17 PM

New songs sound great! Excited to hear what the future has to hold for HGB.

bladerdude360 11/29/12 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetfootaction (Post 115898552)
Jeez, I didn't know they did a second in January. I only had the one from '09.

Also, Daytrotter has the title to the song 'When We First Met' wrong twice on two of the three sets HGB has done.

I haven't listened to them yet, but "When We First Kissed" is also a song off of Would It Kill You? so it's possible they didn't mis-lable it (assuming that's the song they played).

bladerdude360 11/29/12 10:20 PM

Just tried to go listen to this and it asked me to log in/sign up. I don't remember having to do that in the past just to listen to the Daytrotter sessions? Does anyone know if this is a recent change and/or if there's a place to listen to them without having to sign up for anything?

hectorial85 11/29/12 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 115894102)
These two new songs are fantastic. Super catchy and the electronics are really cool. It's what the first album should have been like if it wasn't insanely cheesy.


I can't wait. I read somewhere that the new tunes were more funky/electronic with an M83 vibe. Interesting to see if that is accurate. I know that either way it won't disappoint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetfootaction (Post 115898552)
Jeez, I didn't know they did a second in January. I only had the one from '09.


They also have/had a Barnstormer session up - a full live set from a live show in a barn. It is also fantastic.

Hellogoodbye are such Daytrotter heroes! So good.

EndlessPrisoner 11/29/12 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladerdude360 (Post 115920212)
Just tried to go listen to this and it asked me to log in/sign up. I don't remember having to do that in the past just to listen to the Daytrotter sessions? Does anyone know if this is a recent change and/or if there's a place to listen to them without having to sign up for anything?

been for like a year now. 24 bucks a year. totally worth it.
you should get it. and use this link. http://tinyurl.com/cvme8u8

hectorial85 11/29/12 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladerdude360 (Post 115920212)
Just tried to go listen to this and it asked me to log in/sign up. I don't remember having to do that in the past just to listen to the Daytrotter sessions? Does anyone know if this is a recent change and/or if there's a place to listen to them without having to sign up for anything?

I was free to listen/download until a year or so ago. Not sure if you can stream without signing in/up??? It is worth it though. It is $2 a month and considering the amount of awesome sessions that there are online and available I'd say it is a great deal.

bladerdude360 11/30/12 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 115922272)
been for like a year now. 24 bucks a year. totally worth it.
you should get it. and use this link. http://tinyurl.com/cvme8u8


Quote:

Originally Posted by hectorial85 (Post 115922282)
I was free to listen/download until a year or so ago. Not sure if you can stream without signing in/up??? It is worth it though. It is $2 a month and considering the amount of awesome sessions that there are online and available I'd say it is a great deal.


Thanks for the info. Sounds like it's worth looking in to. When you sign up do you get free downloads of the sessions too, or do you have to pay for those? Possibly something to put on a wish list...

EndlessPrisoner 11/30/12 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladerdude360 (Post 115939042)
Thanks for the info. Sounds like it's worth looking in to. When you sign up do you get free downloads of the sessions too, or do you have to pay for those? Possibly something to put on a wish list...

free sessions once you're signed up, as well as free streams of live performances that they're doing and stuff like that. definitely worth it.