AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Personal Life (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
  -  Has anyone gotten an invite to the new MySpace yet? (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2976972)

cleanoil 12/08/12 01:38 PM

Has anyone gotten an invite to the new MySpace yet?

I just got an invite from one of my friends, and I have to say, it's actually pretty cool. It's much more geared towards music, there's a built in player that functions as a part of the site, and everything is completely streamlined. There are some features that could use improvement, but it's still in its early testing phase, so I'm sure they'll improve on it when it becomes available to the public.

Here's a little preview/trailer of it:

It's much cooler when actually used haha.

I'd send you guys some invites, but unfortunately I think only the people who got the invites from MySpace themselves can send them, and my friend got one from them, so she sent me one.

You can try your luck and enter your e-mail here, though, and they may or may not send you an invite.

If you already have one, add me!

saturday_snow_squall 12/08/12 04:26 PM

ive been using it, its pretty incredible.

phillipjacob 12/08/12 04:36 PM

Didnt know myspace would become so inclusive

honkytonk 12/08/12 04:50 PM

I gave them my email but never got an invite, not cool enough for MySpace apparently..

rhetoricjams 12/08/12 04:58 PM

i cant find my invite. #stonerproblems

anciar 12/08/12 05:18 PM

I got an invite, was disappointed to see it was a complete ripoff of grooveshark, including layout. It's not a social network it has gone into competition with spotify and grooveshark and will lose really bad.

ParkwayTom 12/08/12 05:54 PM

I really dig it. I've still got like five invites left too, I just can't figure out which one of my friends would actually be interested ha.

blackmold 12/08/12 08:48 PM

Put in my email. I'm excited to try it.

Jake Gyllenhaal 12/08/12 08:54 PM

"Fuck Facebook." - James Taylor

SomedayTheFire 12/09/12 06:15 AM

It looks absolutely fantastic.

bladerdude360 12/09/12 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillipjacob (Post 116271982)
Didnt know myspace would become so inclusive

Exclusive?

spaghettti 12/09/12 11:44 AM

I like it, it's pretty neat. I'm excited for more people to start using it because it's a ghost town for now.

RyanPm40 12/09/12 11:46 AM

Dang, I really wanna get an invite and check this out. Looks (very surprisingly, and hesitantly) interesting.

cleanoil 12/09/12 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anciar (Post 116272602)
I got an invite, was disappointed to see it was a complete ripoff of grooveshark, including layout. It's not a social network it has gone into competition with spotify and grooveshark and will lose really bad.

To me, the whole streamlined, real-time interface really distinguishes itself from other music oriented sites. It's not really a groundbreaking innovative feat, but I think it's pretty neat. I think the layout and functions are a lot more sleek than Grooveshark or Spotify.

iamthealex 12/09/12 01:34 PM

If anyone has an extra invite they don't know what to do with, I'd recommend you send it my way. Would be appreciated.