AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  AP.net Interview: The Amity Affliction (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2977062)

Jake Denning 12/08/12 01:51 PM

AP.net Interview: The Amity Affliction

You can check out our interview with The Amity Affliction here. The band is currently touring in support of their brand new album, Chasing Ghosts, which hit #1 in Australia.
From The InterviewI'm pretty vehemently anti-Christian, I think it's an absolutely disgusting practice to force that on kids - I'm happy for other people if they'd like to be Christian, as long as they find their own way there. When it's being forced on you, I think it's disgusting.

WeltallAY 12/08/12 06:04 PM

TAA is one of my alltime favorite bands but I admit, though I am not very strict, I am Christian which makes some of his lyrics hard to relate to.

SupMikecheck 12/08/12 06:42 PM

Im a strong Christian but i still listen to TAA and think theyre one of the best bands there is. Extremely underrated.

AussieBoy 12/08/12 07:59 PM

Fantastic band. Massively underrated outside of Australia

Archael 12/09/12 12:19 AM

Very nice band. Cool that they're being featured on ap.net

I very much agree with their position right there. I'm not too anti-Christian because I still have some good memories attached to my old faith. Not to mention, the nicest person that I've ever known was a true believer. I'm proud of who she is, even if I no longer believe in God.

Big_Guy 12/09/12 07:33 AM

I don't know who this band is, but I am a fan of their views

alexpoopy 12/09/12 09:35 AM

I've never heard of this band, but some of this guy's answers are really short and make it seem like he doesn't really care that he's being interviewed.

ctmk 12/09/12 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexpoopy (Post 116289502)
I've never heard of this band, but some of this guy's answers are really short and make it seem like he doesn't really care that he's being interviewed.

some people just arent good interviewees.

AussieBoy 12/09/12 01:35 PM

I do agree a lot with his views.
I am catholic because of the school I attended but probably consider myself an atheist now from having it forced upon me there.
I'm not anti-Christian but think people should have these things forced down their throat (no pun intended, with the priest pedo issues)

In saying that. Never really picked out many religious lyrics though. I always notice a lot on suicide recovery and depression

Jake Denning 12/09/12 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctmk (Post 116300802)

I do alright. Joel is a rather shy person, and he opened up to me more than he does with others. Both of us had a good time.

Steeeve Perry 12/09/12 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Denning (Post 116301722)
I do alright. Joel is a rather shy person, and he opened up to me more than he does with others. Both of us had a good time.

I read the comment as saying Joel isn't very good at interviews, not you. But I could be wrong. Anyway, I'm glad to see an Aussie band being put into the spotlight. Their success in Oz is pretty impressive and should translate overseas more and more.

Jake Denning 12/09/12 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeeve Perry (Post 116303352)
I read the comment as saying Joel isn't very good at interviews, not you. But I could be wrong. Anyway, I'm glad to see an Aussie band being put into the spotlight. Their success in Oz is pretty impressive and should translate overseas more and more.

You're right, I guess I just read that wrong. Some people are just shy. Ed Sheeran was pretty shy on record, but was fine the rest of the time.

ctmk 12/09/12 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Denning (Post 116301722)

Oh no I wasn't knocking you at all. I thought the questions were fantastic and that they lead to more more nuanced answers. I was saying that, at least in my experience, some people just don't make for good interviews, no matter how well the questions were asked.

EmoErk 12/09/12 04:32 PM

i dont have a problem with you if you believe in god, i dont have a problem with you if you dont believe in god. I do have problems with you if you feel it is your job or life purpose to tell everyone about your belief or lack there of in god.

WeltallAY 12/09/12 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieBoy (Post 116301482)
I do agree a lot with his views.
I am catholic because of the school I attended but probably consider myself an atheist now from having it forced upon me there.
I'm not anti-Christian but think people should have these things forced down their throat (no pun intended, with the priest pedo issues)

In saying that. Never really picked out many religious lyrics though. I always notice a lot on suicide recovery and depression

I've always noticed a good amount. "There is no God who can hear you! Just a sky full of stars!!" And "there is no afterlife, you don't come back from death."

Star Slight 12/09/12 05:15 PM

lol what a dork

PengusNiugnep 12/09/12 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmoErk (Post 116311332)
i dont have a problem with you if you believe in god, i dont have a problem with you if you dont believe in god. I do have problems with you if you feel it is your job or life purpose to tell everyone about your belief or lack there of in god.

This, really.

JayDanielHammer 12/10/12 02:05 AM

Love their views. Wish more people felt this way.

saywhatever 12/10/12 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctmk (Post 116300802)

You wouldn't be either if you had to sit down with Jake Denning.

Jake Denning 12/10/12 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saywhatever (Post 116339872)
You wouldn't be either if you had to sit down with Jake Denning.

If you have a problem, please take it to PM, not here.

AussieBoy 12/10/12 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeltallAY (Post 116312562)
I've always noticed a good amount. "There is no God who can hear you! Just a sky full of stars!!" And "there is no afterlife, you don't come back from death."

True

I always notice more from Parkway Drive.
They very. What's the word. Nihilistic?