AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Music (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
  -  Jack's Mannequin or Something Corporate? (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2977912)

parawhore10 12/10/12 02:53 AM

Jack's Mannequin or Something Corporate?

My girlfriend and I have been having about a 2 year ongoing debate on which band is better. I've always liked Jack's Mannequin a little more, but she swears by Something Corporate. I'm very anxious to hear other people's thoughts on it.

Nadene7x 12/10/12 05:40 AM

Overall I'd say Jacks for I feel like its more emotional and deep while SoCo has more of those fun high school songs. I love both don't get me wrong but Jacks has more of a sentimental tie to me. When I paint or sketch I'm more likely. To spin Jacks Mannequin over Something Corporate.

GetUpAndrew 12/10/12 05:43 AM

For me, it's practically impossible choosing which band is the best. I freakin' love everything Andrew Mac Mahon has ever written, although the pop punk kid inside me would probably pick SoCo. Hardest decision.

CallMeTroy 12/10/12 05:50 AM

Everything In Transit > Something Corporate > the remainder of Jack's Mannequin's catalogue.

Alex DiVincenzo 12/10/12 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeTroy (Post 116331752)
Everything In Transit > Something Corporate > the remainder of Jack's Mannequin's catalogue.

I could get behind that. I like SoCo more overall, but EIT is probably my favorite of Andrew's work.

francescaa 12/10/12 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 116331852)
I could get behind that. I like SoCo more overall, but EIT is probably my favorite of Andrew's work.

Yeah, I think this is true for me too.

Djentleman 12/10/12 09:42 AM

Everything In Transit > everything sc have ever made :gay:

iamthealex 12/10/12 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeTroy (Post 116331752)

This is the only correct answer.

Everything In Transit>North (collectively regarded as SoCo's best record), but SoCo>Jack's

Paulb-182 12/10/12 09:53 AM

Why would this make you very anxious.

agl 12/10/12 10:13 AM

Both. Leaving Through The Window is such an amazing album, but Jacks Mannequin has consistently made solid music throughout their tenure, and seeing them live is to this day one of my favorite concert experiences. It's tough to pick, I'm not sure i can.

Kbz 12/10/12 12:43 PM

Something Corporate. Both "Leaving Through the Window" and "North" are albums that will last in fans minds forever. Jack's Mannequin had one album (Everything in Transit) that is worth listening to, while the rest of the catalog just doesn't measure up.

EndlessPrisoner 12/10/12 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthealex (Post 116339902)
This is the only correct answer.

Everything In Transit>North (collectively regarded as SoCo's best record), but SoCo>Jack's

Disagree about "collectively regarded".

duritzfan13 12/10/12 02:12 PM

It's hard. I think I'll go with JM though. Just a fan of their overall catalogue more. Plus, I feel like their songs have a more lasting effect. I find myself going to listen to JM a lot more than SoCo. It's a really hard question though, because there are of course SoCo songs/albums that I prefer over Jack's, etc..

DrewsMannequin 12/10/12 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 116354882)

I'm not the one who said that, but why? Pretty sure almost every SoCo fan I've talked to refers to "North" as their best album.

iamthealex 12/10/12 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 116354882)

I guess that makes you the first person I've ever met who didn't agree with that statement. Even Andrew has admitted it.