AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Skate and Surf Fest Announce GameChangers (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2989872)

Keagan Ilvonen 12/20/12 09:36 AM

Skate and Surf Fest Announce GameChangers

John D has posted a lengthy update about next year's Skate and Surf Festival along with their new gaming platform - GameChanger. You can read the full statement in the replies.
From John DWe have spent the last year designing and building one of the most dynamic products to ever hit the mobile gaming platform. In a few months, some of your favorite artists will be put into mobile phone games, that the artists created. Through your engagement, you will be rewarded with unique prizes which will only be available on the GameChanger platform.

We expected to launch in the fall with what we had hoped to be 20 artists. We currently have over 50 confirmed artists set to be game'd in early 2013. While I can't reveal too much about the platform, I want to assure everyone that we intend to use this to rebuild the relationship between artists and fans. Gamers will have 365/24-hour access to their favorite artists.

Keagan Ilvonen 12/20/12 09:37 AM

From John DGameChangers:

It's been quite a long time since I have said much, besides the use of Twitter. I want to welcome everyone to the GameChanger platform.

We have spent the last year designing and building one of the most dynamic products to ever hit the mobile gaming platform. In a few months, some of your favorite artists will be put into mobile phone games, that the artists created. Through your engagement, you will be rewarded with unique prizes which will only be available on the GameChanger platform.

We expected to launch in the fall with what we had hoped to be 20 artists. We currently have over 50 confirmed artists set to be game'd in early 2013. While I can't reveal too much about the platform, I want to assure everyone that we intend to use this to rebuild the relationship between artists and fans. Gamers will have 365/24-hour access to their favorite artists.

Through GameChanger Live, the fan will be able to take their experience to an all new level. No more boring meet and greets, game up your favorite band and let's see who's really in control! GameChanger artists will appear at all Live events, battling the fans in "game surfing" competitions across the XBox360, PS3 and mobile gaming platforms.

The concert industry is dead. The record business is on life-support. Only a GameChanger would be able to rise up and save the fans from incompetent failures of a broken system.
GameChanger is proud to present Skate and Surf Festival, May 18th and 19th, in Freehold, NJ.

There will be a special "loyalty" ticketing pre-sale for Skate and Surf beginning at 3 p.m. EST on Christmas Day. A limited amount of weekend ticket packages will be available for $89.99. Tickets will be available through SkateandSurfFest.com and GameChangerWorld.com.

The announcements will be a game, I hope the fans can help us deliver an incredible line up that will not only turn back the clock, but move us forward in a very special journey that we hope stands the test of time.

For more info., please visit SkateandSurfFest.com or GameChangerWorld.com. Sign up for the exclusive emails, I have big plans for those in the know this year.

Expect the unexpected. The Game is about to Change. Engage the future!

From our family, to you and yours, happy holidays!

John D and The GameChanger Family

tyler2tall147 12/20/12 09:41 AM

They should live stream these festivals online.

TheRealJohnOC 12/20/12 09:44 AM

Quote:

The concert industry is dead.

Not really..

InTheatersNow 12/20/12 09:55 AM

I am confused.

Phil507 12/20/12 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 116762222)
Not really..

No, but people make less money than we all might think. There are just too many acts on the road these days leaving consumers spread too thin.

esposimi 12/20/12 09:56 AM

Does that mean I can party up on Black Ops 2 with my "favorite artists"?

anthonydarko 12/20/12 09:58 AM

Mobile gaming is largely awful is so lol.

patentpending 12/20/12 09:59 AM

I....Don't get it.

esposimi 12/20/12 10:04 AM

Lol their site is broken, I signed up for an account on there and I can't do anything yet.

TheRealJohnOC 12/20/12 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil507 (Post 116762632)
No, but people make less money than we all might think. There are just too many acts on the road these days leaving consumers spread too thin.

Well that's the way the artists make their money directly..by touring. There aren't enough markets out there for all of these acts, you're correct. Maybe a 2 US tour cycle for each album and an international tour for each band? That could work. There are bands out there still supporting the same album they came out with like 4 years ago.

kidinthebushes 12/20/12 10:43 AM

Post bands already!

cubine 12/20/12 10:55 AM

This doesn't sound incredibly lame or anything.

Shoorty0690 12/20/12 10:56 AM

Where on earth is Skate and Surf happening in Freehold? I've lived here all my life. This town cannot support an extra 30,000 people...anywhere!

larokr 12/20/12 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoorty0690 (Post 116764392)
Where on earth is Skate and Surf happening in Freehold? I've lived here all my life. This town cannot support an extra 30,000 people...anywhere!

Yeah, I can't imagine where this can be. Supposedly it's by iPlay America but I can't imagine it.

btown4life 12/20/12 11:19 AM

So if the pics they've been posting contain clues about bands, I've seen NFG and Bayside.

ZachMadeMeOdd 12/20/12 11:34 AM

He's still being pretty vague about what exactly we're doing with these bands once this launches. Or maybe I'm just not exactly getting it?

DontCryEmoBoyXX 12/20/12 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larokr (Post 116764992)
Yeah, I can't imagine where this can be. Supposedly it's by iPlay America but I can't imagine it.

From the map that was released, it looked to be right on the horse track

MattArkin 12/20/12 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontCryEmoBoyXX (Post 116765772)

i talked to someone at iplay when i was there for an anthony green/geoff rickly show there two weeks ago. it's going to be in their parking lot/lawn

MattArkin 12/20/12 11:49 AM

parking in multiple municipal lots and shuttles from them to the show

thatwasamoment 12/20/12 11:51 AM

game up my favorite band? like emo game?

ghelms88 12/20/12 12:48 PM

I'll give this a shot. John D hasn't failed us before. I'm hesitant with this idea, but I'm on board.

kidinthebushes 12/20/12 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esposimi (Post 116762992)
Lol their site is broken, I signed up for an account on there and I can't do anything yet.

Me too. They still might be preparing to "engage the future".

EDIT: You can try here: http://gamechangerworld.com/wp-login...min%2F&reauth=

kidinthebushes 12/20/12 12:52 PM

Quote:

What is iPlay America? Do they regularly host events or gatherings?

abusedcat 12/20/12 12:53 PM

What about us adults that, you know, don't play video games?

harveyn590 12/20/12 12:55 PM

This is a big statement, cant wait to see what exactly it is! Also using Skate & Surf to leverage the launch of his new ap is pretty smart

esposimi 12/20/12 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidinthebushes (Post 116768352)
Me too. They still might be preparing to "engage the future".

EDIT: You can try here: http://gamechangerworld.com/wp-login...min%2F&reauth=

Or someone doesn't know how to use WordPress/PHP

larokr 12/20/12 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontCryEmoBoyXX (Post 116765772)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattArkin (Post 116766122)
i talked to someone at iplay when i was there for an anthony green/geoff rickly show there two weeks ago. it's going to be in their parking lot/lawn

I didn't think their parking lot was that big.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidinthebushes (Post 116768372)
What is iPlay America? Do they regularly host events or gatherings?

It's this new place that just opened - has go karts and stuff. Never been there before, but they have had events there. They had Cartel, Anthony Green/Geoff Rickly and DJ Pauly D play there recently.

Phil507 12/20/12 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 116763872)
Well that's the way the artists make their money directly..by touring. There aren't enough markets out there for all of these acts, you're correct. Maybe a 2 US tour cycle for each album and an international tour for each band? That could work. There are bands out there still supporting the same album they came out with like 4 years ago.

Yeah, I think people just get burned out on the same bands. Like...some bands play my area 5-6 times a year and they downgrade venue sizes as they continue because people just won't come back to see them over and over.

The Gunz Show 12/20/12 06:29 PM

John is a really, really smart guy. He wouldn't be doing this unless he knew that it could work out; I'm sure it'll all come together in time. and I"m definitely looking forward to it!

- Gunz

TheRealJohnOC 12/20/12 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil507 (Post 116774622)
Yeah, I think people just get burned out on the same bands. Like...some bands play my area 5-6 times a year and they downgrade venue sizes as they continue because people just won't come back to see them over and over.

Yeah man. Now bands are figuring, "Well, we can jump on that whole 10 year anniversary banwagon shit" and they come around to the same areas. Senses Fail is guilty of coming around the same areas a lot. How many different tours were they on to support the last album into the greatest hits album? At least 5-6. I live right outside NYC and there are novelty acts like The Dan Band that play the same show at least 4x a year in the same venue! I think the Saw Doctors and Blues Traveler come to Irving Plaza twice a year. All of them are great acts but the draw is just die hards and people who get 2 for 1 deals from Live Nation.

YouHaveNoClue 12/20/12 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gunz Show (Post 116779442)
John is a really, really smart guy. He wouldn't be doing this unless he knew that it could work out; I'm sure it'll all come together in time. and I"m definitely looking forward to it!

- Gunz

it was bad ass back in the day when galle, ring, and christian did the show on the beach in asbury park.. maybe 6-8K kids.

QuietThings430 12/20/12 11:58 PM

Looks like EmoGame 3 is coming out after all.

Satan Mamma 12/21/12 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abusedcat (Post 116768472)
What about us adults that, you know, don't play video games?

I am one of the over thirty festival goers that lacks the desire to play and the hand coordination (rheumatoid arthritis) to play video games, and goes for the music and to meet others. Where does that leave us, out in the cold? At least with the Twist program we all had a fair chance to win things. Just saying...

Shoorty0690 12/22/12 11:12 PM

Quote:

I hope not, but thats the rumor I hear. That place is no where near the size it needs to be for such a large festival. The only places I can think of are the race track or the the place they have the Monmouth County Fair.

larokr 12/24/12 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoorty0690 (Post 116862072)
I hope not, but thats the rumor I hear. That place is no where near the size it needs to be for such a large festival. The only places I can think of are the race track or the the place they have the Monmouth County Fair.

Completely agreed. The Freehold Raceway is a better size - but I don't know how it would work for the festival after going to Bamboozle in Asbury and the Meadowlands. I've only been to the track for Relay for Life events.