AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Listen To Skrillex's New "Leaving" EP (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3001382)

Keagan Ilvonen 01/03/13 02:36 PM

Listen To Skrillex's New "Leaving" EP
 
Jump to the replies to stream Skrillex's new Leaving EP.

Keagan Ilvonen 01/03/13 02:36 PM




Alex DiVincenzo 01/03/13 02:42 PM


The Gunz Show 01/03/13 02:45 PM

hell yeah. feeling this. "the reason" is sick.

- Gunz

JustAHomeBoy 01/03/13 02:53 PM

Some of the comments on those videos make me sad.

I liked Leaving, and I don't really like Skrillex. Very different and I expect this to be very polarizing (much more so than it already is).

TheDemosRock 01/03/13 03:00 PM

Open to anyone who listens to Skrillex and this genre often --- which track here would you say is the most accessible to people who aren't fans of the genre but enjoy a handful of tracks?

edit: "Leaving" was interesting but it felt extremely repetitive without much reason.. am I missing something?

StepsInADance 01/03/13 03:04 PM

I heard the title track and enjoyed it quite a bit. Might check out the full EP later on.

saywhatever 01/03/13 03:06 PM

I don't mind this at all. Gonna give the rest of his music a shot, since i've only heard the big songs (and hated them).

weirderthanu210 01/03/13 03:18 PM

Surprisingly enjoyed this, especially the third song.

circletheworld 01/03/13 03:29 PM

weird. listening to the first track i just keep thinking all his fans are gonna be like "where's the drop"

first track reminds me of Telefon Tel Aviv

heyzombiehitler 01/03/13 03:31 PM

Why doesnt he do full lenghs?

Keagan Ilvonen 01/03/13 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyzombiehitler (Post 117267392)
Why doesnt he do full lenghs?

What's the point? He can release EP's quicker, full of singles, market them all and do insanely well.

heyzombiehitler 01/03/13 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keagan Ilvonen (Post 117267492)
What's the point? He can release EP's quicker, full of singles, market them all and do insanely well.


Good point. Not really a genre i listen to so i dont know how it works.

xtbs7645x 01/03/13 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyzombiehitler (Post 117267552)
Good point. Not really a genre i listen to so i dont know how it works.

most electronic artists focus on EPs.

Keagan Ilvonen 01/03/13 03:45 PM

Favorite is The Reason.

bethepilot 01/03/13 04:21 PM

It sounds like he just recycled old tracks and old samples and threw shit together...different style kind of but not that good

xtbs7645x 01/03/13 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethepilot (Post 117268902)
It sounds like he just recycled old tracks and old samples and threw shit together...different style kind of but not that good

scary bally is basically mixed samples, its something he has been playing live for a while. Also, not entirely sure but pretty sure this just an exclusive release for NEST members.. more of a teaser, than an official release.

kemichels 01/03/13 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saywhatever (Post 117266582)
I don't mind this at all. Gonna give the rest of his music a shot, since i've only heard the big songs (and hated them).

you're going to hate 95% of it, if that's how you felt about his "big" songs.

leftapart 01/03/13 06:55 PM

Bout to give this a listen..

bandnamexmyname 01/03/13 08:26 PM

Sonny's been listening to Burial lately.

Also lol @ all the brosteppers turning on him after listening to this.

providence36 01/03/13 08:29 PM

last song is the only decent one

blindrider529 01/03/13 08:49 PM

I don't think they're his best songs, but I like 'em. I couldn't see any of these being as in the same universe as his giant singles, but who knows.

Fuggin love The Reason.

WakeUpBlondie 01/03/13 09:17 PM

needs more bass

Joey-Wan Kenobi 01/03/13 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by circletheworld (Post 117267302)

first track reminds me of Telefon Tel Aviv


This just made me excited to stream the ep !

QuietThings430 01/03/13 10:06 PM

inb4 "hopefully hez leavin the music biz lol computer noises isn't real musik"

princessjinifer 01/03/13 10:34 PM

Scary Bolly Dub is very similar to his song Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites, so if you enjoyed that..
uhm. other than that the other two are different than what I have heard of his. Which is basically Cinema, Scary Monsters and his Bangarang EP.

PunkInfluence09 01/03/13 11:29 PM

I've detested most dubstep for a long time (especially Skrillex) but...

Props on "The Reason". That track is pretty friggin solid.

Viva Sonata 01/04/13 12:08 AM

The Reason is legit.

Who Is Ryan? 01/04/13 05:05 AM

Loving these

spezialk 01/04/13 06:59 AM

Leaving makes me think that Skrillex has been listening to Tycho recently. Which is NOT a bad thing.

Kyle Thrash 01/04/13 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spezialk (Post 117285752)
Leaving makes me think that Skrillex has been listening to Tycho recently. Which is NOT a bad thing.


I could get behind this, Leaving reminds me of James Blake

x5148145 01/04/13 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandnamexmyname (Post 117276752)
Sonny's been listening to Burial lately.

Also lol @ all the brosteppers turning on him after listening to this.

i was just gonna say this. nice to see that he's capable of doing something different. i dig it.

mattregan 01/04/13 06:32 PM

Can't wait to go insane in the club when the Reason comes on!