AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Interviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
  -  Premier - 01.07.13 (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3005072)

Jeremy Aaron 01/07/13 07:41 PM

Premier - 01.07.13

The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Premier

Premier is:
Mike D'Andrea - Vocals
Trev McCarthy - Guitar, Vocals
Scott Marx - Guitar
Brandon Paulo - Bass
Kevin Joyce - Drums

facebook.com/Premierma
twitter.com/thatbandpremier
http://premierma.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/PremierMass
premier.bandcamp.com

Debut full length Set Against and the lead single, Abominations is available now

1. How did you get your band name?

Trev: We came up with Premier last year when we first started jamming together. The name stuck. Nothing wild or crazy.
Mike: It’s short and simple, I love it.

2. How did this band get started?

Trev: Mike and I gave birth to Premier in his garage last fall. We wrote some songs and started jamming with our friends Scott and Brandon and it just went really well. Kevin joined the band nine months later and helped cut the umbilical cord.
Mike: Everything came together naturally and Kev was the missing piece of the puzzle. It was a great feeling to finally have a solid lineup and search for a temporary drummer to rehearse with before each show.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Scott: Blink-182
Trev: Way back in junior high we were all friends jamming to Green Day and Blink-182, and through high school that evolved into bands like Taking Back Sunday, Saves the Day, Brand New, All Time Low, Man Overboard.
Mike: When I first watched All Time Low’s “Straight to DVD” - that’s when I knew I wanted to be in a band. It made me really think about pursuing music full time.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

Scott: Blink-182, Transit, The Story So Far, Metallica, there’s just so many, it’s endless.
Trev: Simple Plan, Saves the Day (Through Being Cool 15 year anniversary tour!), Taking Back Sunday, The Starting Line, Brand New, Touché Amore, Title Fight, Hit the Lights.
Mike: Tupac featuring Tupac’s Hologram cause how can you beat two Tupacs?
Kev: Angels and Airwaves, I love everything that band has created, it would be a dream come true.
Brandon: Blink-182. That would be a party.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

Denny’s, McDonald’s, Subway are usually the only affordable options on tour.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

Brandon: Clearly because we’re the best rock band to ever write a song. Kidding, in all seriousness, we make honest music. We write what music we love. We try to have something for everyone with plenty of energy. We thrive on sing-alongs and seeing our fans move at shows.
Scott: We also try to cater to soccer moms. They need music to love too.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Trev: Tim Thomas, the dude is a monster, y’know...when the Bruins actually have a hockey season...
Kevin: Patrick Kane easily!
Scott: Wes Welker.
Brandon: Roy Halladay.
Mike: Roy Halladay…? You can be ANY athlete ever… and you want to be Roy Halladay...? I'd be Tony Hawk so I could do a 900 on a skateboard.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Our parents and friends for their amazing support, our manager Adam Cowsert with Therefore Management, Gary Cioffi and John Dello Iancono at Maximum Sound Studios, Anthony Evangelista, James Myers, and of course all our amazing fans!

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

Mike: I wish people would keep buying vinyl and CDs and supporting local indie record stores.

10. Memorable tour experience?

Trev: This summer we got to play our local date on the Vans Warped Tour. We were parked alongside massive busses like Machine Gun Kelly’s “Lace Up” bus, it was surreal.
Scott: We played on the Break Thru Music stage, which features local talent. Five years prior, local favorites Four Year Strong played that stage so seeing them headline the main stage this summer gives us hope that we’ll have that same opportunity someday.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

Trev: AP.net is amazing because it gives bands like us an opportunity to flourish and meet new fans and that is definitely my favorite thing about AP.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

Mike: I can’t pick a favorite, I really love singing everything we’ve written.
Trev: Trial & Error, it has a great intro that’s just fun to play.
Brandon: Yeah I’m with that, Trial & Error is just so powerful.
Scott: Our current single, Abominations is probably my favorite.
Kev: Abominations, without question.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Kev: Definitely somewhere in the Caribbean
Trev: Mediterranean
Brandon: The Bahamas/Aruba.
Mike: I love New England. There is nowhere better than our summer place up in New Hampshire. We spent a lot of time in Laconia during the writing process.
Scott: Definitely New Hampshire, it’s so peaceful, it’s a great place to relax close to home.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Brandon: Sum 41, Green Day, Blink-182 the OG’s!
Mike: Yeah, that pretty much goes for all of us
Trev: Copa Cabana...

15. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Why?

Brandon: Flying would be awesome, I’d be able to go anywhere, anytime.
Kev: I’m with that, flying would be sick.
Scott: I'd wanna be the Flash! I’d crash into something if I could fly... then again I’d probably just crash into something with super speed...but it would make touring fairly easy.
Trev: Can I just be Captain America?
Mike: Yeah, I want to be Mr. Incredible.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

Kev: I listen to my iPod alone before every show.
Scott: Trev, Brandon and I actually go outside to tune our guitars. I have no idea why.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

Brandon: I like turtles. No seriously, I have pet turtles.
Kev: I grew up listening to Country music.
Trev: Mike and I actually won high school state championships in hockey together.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

Radio today seems to have taken a backseat to iTunes and the digital music market. People like being able to choose what they listen to, whenever they want. Occasionally, I’ll hear bands on Top 40 radio and it surprises me that they’re in the mix. We certainly have some music that would be well received if given the opportunity, but we’re not going to be that band that gets overplayed on a few different stations, we’re not exactly Nicki Minaj or Ke$ha.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Kev: I try to spend as much time as possible with friends and family.
Brandon: Skateboarding and sleeping are two of my favorite pastimes.
Trev: Between school, the band, and working there isn’t much downtime, what little downtime I do have, I spend with friends and family.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

Mike: I can rap.
Trev: Mike really can rap...he’s not bad. I can do a backwards somersault.
Scott: I’m presently writing a novel
Brandon: I actually play baseball. People tell me I don’t suck...

scormier2 01/08/13 12:03 PM

Bunch of dinguses.

trevmac9394 09/23/13 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scormier2 (Post 117430272)
Bunch of dinguses.

Ya dingus who you callin dinguses ;)