AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  General (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
  -  Do you believe in a soul mate/one perfect person out there? (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3012412)

JoshKilpatrickL 01/14/13 03:42 PM

Do you believe in a soul mate/one perfect person out there?

Does anyone believe in soul mates or that 'there's that one perfect person' for you out there?

deadkidsean 01/14/13 04:20 PM

Not in the sense that there is some divine being that created someone explicitly for me and I was created for them. But I do think there are perfect matches, yes. Probably not just one, though.

FeynmanWannabe 01/14/13 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadkidsean (Post 117696972)
Not in the sense that there is some divine being that created someone explicitly for me and I was created for them. But I do think there are perfect matches, yes. Probably not just one, though.

I thought were were gonna come into this thread and name each other. This is awkward.

barkjon 01/14/13 05:21 PM

I guess so.

I also believe PL would be a better place for this thread...

Cody Nelson 01/14/13 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadkidsean (Post 117696972)

This is the correct answer.

Passion Man 01/14/13 06:51 PM

It sounds really nice but too good to be true.

WakingTheMisery 01/14/13 06:52 PM

Only in my dreamz.

theguy77 01/14/13 06:52 PM

no, i believe in very good matches. but there's always going to be some measure of conflict in a relationship. the question is whether it's something that both of you are capable of adapting to/making compromises with or not.

now if you really know how to argue with each other, so that each perspective is validated and you can both come to a fair solution; if you know how to deal with each other when angry; if you know how to accept all the differences of opinion and you both know when to give in; then its a lot easier to make a relationship work and that's my idea of true chemistry. but i don't think anyone is perfectly matched to the point where neither of you has to change or accept differences that make you uncomfortable.

Love As Arson 01/15/13 04:50 PM

Oh, shit. Another Baltimore person. Ha.

Anyway, we all die alone. Before that happens, I suppose a soul mate is someone that will turn off your ventilator to hasten your demise. Yeah, that seems about right.

Qadriyyah 01/15/13 05:13 PM

No.

tyramail 01/15/13 05:31 PM

it always baffles me that people do think one, real, true soul mate exists.

daftpunker45 01/15/13 05:58 PM

Yes everyone has that one soul mate IMO, but I differentiate a soul mate from a future spouse. A future spouse is the person you're meant to spend the rest of your life with. If you meet your soul mate, then you're one lucky bastard, but if you marry someone you love, that is what's mean to be.

Love As Arson 01/15/13 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daftpunker45 (Post 117748382)
Yes everyone has that one soul mate IMO, but I differentiate a soul mate from a future spouse. A future spouse is the person you're meant to spend the rest of your life with. If you meet your soul mate, then you're one lucky bastard, but if you marry someone you love, that is what's mean to be.

Give it six more years, several relationships and hook-ups, then you'll dismiss such nonsense.

williek311 01/15/13 06:36 PM

I am one perfect person so yes I believe I am out there.

Mr. November 01/15/13 06:40 PM

monogamy is boring

so are soulmates