AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Lupe Fiasco Reportedly Kicked Off Stage At Private Obama Inauguration Concert (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3018792)

JamieTheSonger 01/21/13 05:44 PM

Dude's pretty funny

saywhatever 01/21/13 06:16 PM

Lupe is the worst. Except for this thread. This thread is worse.

Jenajena 01/21/13 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theonethingihav (Post 117977932)
Even if Obama had nothing to do with this, this wouldn't be the first thing Obama has done that shows he is heading toward dictatorship.

First of all, your statement contradicts itself. I don't agree with you, but I'm pretty sure you meant this:

"If Obama had something to do with this, this wouldn't be the first thing Obama has done that shows he is heading toward dictatorship."

UnderMyDreams 01/21/13 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenajena (Post 118013732)
First of all, your statement contradicts itself. I don't agree with you, but I'm pretty sure you meant this:

"If Obama had something to do with this, this wouldn't be the first thing Obama has done that shows he is heading toward dictatorship."

No I think he meant it like:

"I'm not convinced Obama had nothing to do with this. But, even if he had nothing to do with this, he's done many other things to prove we're headed towards dictatorship."

Jenajena 01/21/13 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderMyDreams (Post 118016352)
No I think he meant it like:

"I'm not convinced Obama had nothing to do with this. But, even if he had nothing to do with this, he's done many other things to prove we're headed towards dictatorship."

Well yeah that makes sense, I was just trying to fix the wording in his actual comment without adding anything. But thanks :)

OctoberOrigins 01/21/13 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny storm (Post 117988392)
Troll

lol I'm the troll?

bladerdude360 01/21/13 08:01 PM

Lol @ the people claiming this is censorship.

kazuma_ootaro28 01/21/13 09:38 PM

He played the same song for 30 minutes? What the hell, haha!

Also got a great laugh out of "Obama patrol." Thx, thread.

kylecoon 01/22/13 12:44 AM

They booked him to play a show, not the same song over-and-over. I would have booed him off the stage. Music hasn't been any good since The Cool, and he looks like Tracy Chapman. Only Tracy Chapman isn't a talentless ass clown.

Rock 01/22/13 08:55 AM

There's a reason why he calls himself LUPE-e. He just cleverly disguises his first name as Lupe instead of the more obvious Loope.

Holly HoX! 01/22/13 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylecoon (Post 118028522)
They booked him to play a show, not the same song over-and-over. I would have booed him off the stage. Music hasn't been any good since The Cool, and he looks like Tracy Chapman. Only Tracy Chapman isn't a talentless ass clown.

Haha awesome

Dre Okorley 01/22/13 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylecoon (Post 118028522)

He doesn't look anything like Tracy Chapman...

Teesy 01/22/13 12:09 PM

If Lupe didn't do this I'd be surprised. His whole politically extreme stick would come off as phony to me. Also, most people that go to see a concert are fans of such artist. Considering this is how Lupe portrays himself I find it hard to believe that the people in the crowd would be shocked and want his show stopped. I don't agree with a lot of his stances but when I went to see him in concert I understood I'd have to listen to his spiels. All that being said I do understand why a pro obama party function would kick him off stage. Maybe thats just me, who enjoyed when Ye' and Hov played ****** in Paris 7x straight.

jasonstaint 01/22/13 12:33 PM

this smells like a cover up

AbsentTruth 01/23/13 11:22 PM

Whoever booked the show is a dumbass. Had they actually listened to Lupe they would have known it wouldn't be a good idea to let him perform. I have mad respect for this guy though. This is about as smart as Paul Ryan saying his favorite band is Rage Against the Machine.