AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Time And Distance Sign, Announce Release Plans (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=617242)

Paul Tao 10/15/08 12:47 PM

Time And Distance Sign, Announce Release Plans

Time And Distance have signed to Not Alone Records. They will be recording in January with Rob Freeman (Cobra Starship, Hit The Lights) for their third release. Along with the album, they'll be putting out a limited 7" pressing of unreleased acoustic tracks.

Trent Powers 10/15/08 12:53 PM

Sweet. I can't wait to hear the new stuff.

irthesteve 10/15/08 01:01 PM

i really liked their EP about blood loss or whatever... good stuff

jakelare 10/15/08 01:21 PM

wow im sure this will do wonders for this kid. a no name record label, and going from matt squire to rob freeman isn't the best move ever. this guys still young but time is running out and he needs a major.

Posthardcore 10/15/08 01:29 PM

Thought they'd sign to a bigger label

Trent Powers 10/15/08 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakelare (Post 23603652)
wow im sure this will do wonders for this kid. a no name record label, and going from matt squire to rob freeman isn't the best move ever. this guys still young but time is running out and he needs a major.

Hit the Lights did the same thing without a major and they seem to be doing fine.

greganddistance 10/15/08 01:49 PM

thanks for posting, paul!

and if we had had a better or 'bigger' option that was all about our band and what we want to do with it, that believed in us like not alone did, we might have done it. but not alone was sweet and gave us a short awesome contract that's gonna let us get a record out asap, instead of eventually.. to us that was the most important part. that's the story, hopefully you'll like the record!

-greg

theguilt engine 10/15/08 01:50 PM

Man this band needs to give up.

anamericangod 10/15/08 02:05 PM

With Rob Freeman at the helm, I wouldn't be surprised if this band gets some attention finally.

pleasedontpanic 10/15/08 02:10 PM

Not saying they're bad, but it's amazing to me that these guys have stuck it out and are still around.

VLJimi 10/15/08 02:23 PM

Congrats Greg!
You guys deserve it.

po_ 10/15/08 03:43 PM

Good for them!

mrzippo3 10/15/08 05:34 PM

what about the stuff they recorded with Colin Cobb?

greganddistance 10/15/08 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrzippo3 (Post 23635092)
what about the stuff they recorded with Colin Cobb?

colins a sweet dude, and we had a blast recording with him, but the end results weren't quite what we were wanting our record to be like (but it still sounded sick!).. it was basically a demo session anyway... to answer your question, some of what we recorded with colin will be on this record (like baby be) but we'll be rerecording it with freeman.

thanks!

RyanMercedes 10/15/08 06:44 PM

Congrats guys! Can't wait to hear the new stuff. Big things.