AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

02:23 PM on 12/15/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
I see your point about giving him a chance to be their QB at some point, but to say a team like NYJ needs a QB but SF doesn't seems odd to me. Sanchez isn't great, but compared to what SF has I don't think you'd have many people saying they'd rather have SF's. But I guess it's team-dependant and San Fran might be really high on Kaepernick.

You're really nitpicking, SF doesn't have a need at QB. They just drafted Kaepernick early in the second round to be the future starter and Alex Smith has been playing at a high enough level to get them to the playoffs.

It would make sense for the Jets to draft a QB this year in the 3rd or 4th round to either put pressure on Sanchez or at least be a solid backup. Their current backup QB is Mark Brunell... If Sanchez went down or seriously started to struggle, starting Brunell isn't really an option.

And obviously the 49ers are high on Kaepernick, they took him 36th overall.
02:49 PM on 12/15/11 
User Info.
chiefjordo
Go Gophers!
You're really nitpicking, SF doesn't have a need at QB. They just drafted Kaepernick early in the second round to be the future starter and Alex Smith has been playing at a high enough level to get them to the playoffs.

It would make sense for the Jets to draft a QB this year in the 3rd or 4th round to either put pressure on Sanchez or at least be a solid backup. Their current backup QB is Mark Brunell... If Sanchez went down or seriously started to struggle, starting Brunell isn't really an option.

Fair enough. I can get on board with that logic. I was not thinking about it clearly (or in depth) enough. I was mostly just thinking that Sanchez>Smith, but you make extremely valid points.
02:51 PM on 12/15/11 
User Info.
bjam12
Not this year
Illinois
Male
Yeah, I definitely don't trust PFF 100% on everything. But some pretty smart people are watching those game that know what they're talking about.

Garza is currently the 2nd worst rated center in the league right now too. Right above J.D. Walton of Denver.

Well, that's rough. I'm just going by the eye test and Garza doesn't seem as bad as some other guys on the Bears line.
02:51 PM on 12/15/11 
User Info.
Chris M.

Then you should have QB as a need for more teams throughout the league if you're going to look at it that way.

Take the Bears for example. If Cutler went down (like he has), that leaves Caleb Hanie to play...and as he has shown the 3 weeks, he is atrocious.
02:55 PM on 12/15/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
Fair enough. I can get on board with that logic. I was not thinking about it clearly (or in depth) enough. I was mostly just thinking that Sanchez>Smith, but you make extremely valid points.

Yeah, I think I put QB next to the Jets as a joke originally, but they really have no backup, so it would make a lot of sense to draft one. Also this year when Sanchez was really struggling and Ryan was kind of threatening to give Brunell more snaps in practice it was a pretty empty threat.

I might also put Smith ahead of Sanchez this year. Sanchez might be having the best season of his career, but I doubt the Jets would be doing any worse with Smith and I think the 49ers would definitely be doing worse if they had Sanchez right now.
02:56 PM on 12/15/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
Then you should have QB as a need for more teams throughout the league if you're going to look at it that way.

Take the Bears for example. If Cutler went down (like he has), that leaves Caleb Hanie to play...and as he has shown the 3 weeks, he is atrocious.

Yeah, I probably should. But if the Bears drafted a QB, he wouldn't be pressuring Cutler for a job. A rookie on the Jets might.
02:58 PM on 12/15/11 
User Info.
rcrook
Damage Control
Chargers - Coach
06:30 PM on 12/15/11 
User Info.
Max_123
@HeyMaxSup
Denver, CO
Male - 22 Years Old
agree with all the Jets needs, might add a LBer since Bart Scott and Calvin Pace are getting old
i think we need to sign a QB to compete with Sanchez, even if they don't become the starter we need someone who can push him and make him realize he needs to get his shit together

i personally believe safety is our biggest weakness, i can't take anymore of that scrub Eric Smith, he does nothing well
10:39 AM on 12/16/11 
User Info.
neo506
Ten Stories
Greensboro, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
Panthers: O-Line, uninjured D, Special teams (Kick off coverage)
06:49 PM on 12/29/11 
User Info.
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
Everett, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
San Francisco needs a stadium that's not a shitbox.
06:49 PM on 12/29/11 
User Info.
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
Everett, WA
Male - 29 Years Old

I want to see your reaction when they bring Norv back...
01:23 PM on 12/30/11 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified

the jags really don't need a DT. Terrance Knighton is a fantastic run stuffer and Tyson Alualu is a young talent who already puts pressure on opposing quarterbacks and can only get better. any issues they've had with stopping opposing offenses in general is probably more due to the fact that there are 27 players on IR including more than half of the defensive starters, but before being plagued by so many injuries the Jags were ranked 4th in the NFL on defense despite an offense that's struggled with constant 3 and outs.
01:47 PM on 12/30/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
the jags really don't need a DT. Terrance Knighton is a fantastic run stuffer and Tyson Alualu is a young talent who already puts pressure on opposing quarterbacks and can only get better. any issues they've had with stopping opposing offenses in general is probably more due to the fact that there are 27 players on IR including more than half of the defensive starters, but before being plagued by so many injuries the Jags were ranked 4th in the NFL on defense despite an offense that's struggled with constant 3 and outs.

eh, if you think alualu can get better then i guess they don't. but he's been really bad as a pro.
12:52 PM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
startBBtoday
just updated my team needs, thoughts?

AZ – LT, WR, T, ILB, CB, OLB
ATL – LT, RG, TE, S, CB, DE
BAL – LT, WR, C, ILB, S, CB
BUF – LT, TE, WR, QB, DT, DE, CB, PASS RUSH
CAR – RT, WR, CB, SS, FS, DT, SLB, WLB, PASS RUSH
CHI – C?, LT, RG, WR, TE, RT, LG, S, PASS RUSH
CIN – LG, WR, RB, CB, S, DE
CLE – WR, QB, RB, TE, LG, RG, RT, CB, OLB, DE, FS, PASS RUSH
DAL – C, CB, ILB, FS, SS
DEN – WR, C, LG, RG, RB, MLB, CB, S, DT, PASS RUSH
DET – T, C, RB, FS, DE, WLB, CB, SS
GB – HB, T, SS, OLB, DE, CB, PASS RUSH
HOU – WR, G, NT, SS
IND – RT, RG, WR, QB, RB, DE, DT, SLB, WLB, CB
JAX – WR, LG, RT, QB, DT, PASS RUSH
KC – WR, RT, QB, HB, NT, DE, SS, CB
MIA – WR, QB, RT, G, FS, CB, DE, SLB,
MIN – LT, WR, RG, RB, FS, CB, DT
NE – C, WR, G, FS, DE, LB, PASS RUSH, CB
NO – WR, DT, WLB, SLB, S, CB, PASS RUSH
NYG – TE, T, G, C, RB, S, MLB
NYJ – RT, WR, QB, RB, S, PASS RUSH
OAK – RT, RG, RB, CB, FS, WLB,
PHI – WR, G, C, MLB, SLB, S
PIT – LG, LT, DE, NT, OLB, ILB, CB
STL – LT, RG, C, WR, RB, CB, FS, SLB
SD – RT, G, DE, ILB, CB, SS
SF – WR, RG, CB, S
SEA – QB, LG, RG, WR, RB, CB, PASS RUSH
TB – RT, C, WR, RG, RB, CB, DT, SS, WLB, FS
TEN – C, G, WR, RB, PASS RUSH, MLB, DE, SS
WAS – QB, RT, LG, WR, ILB, CB, S, NT, DE
01:34 PM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
The People's Champion
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
I would argue that the Eagles need LB and S help more than anything. We will need a WR if Jackson leaves but not as badly as we would need defensive help.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos