Username
Password
Band Break-Up News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Band Break-Up
Inside AP.net

The Carrier Break Up

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (01/05/12)
The Carrier are breaking up. Read the band's statement in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17.
10:37 AM on 01/05/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
StatementHi Everyone,

We saw that there were some rumors floating around about us, and figured that now is probably the best time to clear the air:

It's with very mixed emotions that we announce that The Carrier will be breaking up this upcoming March. There are a lot of reasons that have led us to this decision, and it wasn't an easy one. But ultimately, we all share a mutual feeling that we're transitioning into different chapters in our lives—personally and musically. The overall mood of the band has changed profoundly since we first started, and frankly, we can't continue to put forth the passion that we once had.

We were all either sixteen or seventeen years old when this band formed in 2006. After recording our first demo, we sat in our bass player’s basement burning copies, and sent them out to anyone who asked for one over the Internet. Those songs meant everything to us, and we were thrilled that people even cared enough to listen. We didn’t anticipate that we would ever get to play outside of New England. However, since then, we've gotten tour the whole US, Canada, and Europe, released two full lengths and an EP, and got signed to our favorite record label. We are forever thankful that we got to fulfill these opportunities. In short, it's been an extremely unique and compelling coming of age for all of us, and we've made countless memories—good and bad. With that being said, we're getting older, it doesn't feel right to continue playing songs that we wrote in our mid-teens. And sadly, we’re finding it increasingly difficult write new material. Thus, it only feels right that we come to an end.

Thank you to everyone who has helped us along the way: our brothers in The Bonus Army, Rock Vegas Records, Deathwish Inc, Josh Hynes and everyone at Anchors Up, all the bands we've toured with, and, of course, everyone we’ve ever partied with. (It's estimated that we’ve drank at least a million beers and three Olympic sized swimming pools filled with Jager over the past six years). It's been quite a journey, to say the least.

In March, we will be playing a string of European shows, as well as a last show in Boston. Details are soon to come. This has been the most important part of our lives while it lasted. We hope to see you all there to give us some closure.

Thanks,

The Carrier
(Dickie, Anthony, Mike, Bocca, Freddy, and Tim)
10:40 AM on 01/05/12
StepBackLetGo
Try To Wear Your Breakfast Clothes
User Info.
Never heard of these guys, but it seems like break-ups are trending. Any guesses as to who's next?
10:41 AM on 01/05/12
COREhorizon
Get Free
User Info.
It's like that day last year where 5 or so bands broke up in the same day...

Front page has 3 right now...let's go for a new record!
10:42 AM on 01/05/12
crimes
douchebag
User Info.
three bands in one day?
10:46 AM on 01/05/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
They say bad things come in threes!
10:48 AM on 01/05/12
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
3 bands in the first 5 days of 2012. I hope this trend continues and we lose a ton of fucking shit bands this year.
10:54 AM on 01/05/12
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
I loved The Carrier. This sucks. Depending on the day of the Boston show, I might try to make the drive out there to see them one last time.
11:11 AM on 01/05/12
smorgy
There's no shame in crymaxing
User Info.
this really fucking sucks, blind to what is right is a phenomenal album. one of my favorite local bands
11:15 AM on 01/05/12
futurebreed
Photographer
User Info.
This sucks. I've seen the Carrier a lot since they started, but it's never enough. Last show will be a blast/bummer
11:49 AM on 01/05/12
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... damn
11:54 AM on 01/05/12
shawnPLAGUES
Steve Holt is a bastard.
User Info.
GOD DAMN IT. I completely regret not going to see them during the summer.
12:26 PM on 01/05/12
more heart
Midtown Saves
User Info.
Well this sucks. Glad I got to see them last June with Former Thieves.
12:46 PM on 01/05/12
onepartloss
User Info.
Bummer news. I would have been a lot more upset had this happened after No Love Can Save Me, though.
04:31 PM on 01/05/12
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Well damn
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music