Username
Password
TV News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
TV
Inside AP.net

Watch Lana Del Rey On SNL

Posted by: Jay Nainav (01/14/12)
Lana Del Rey becomes the first artist in years to play Saturday Night Live before releasing a major album. Watch her sing "Video Games" and "Blue Jeans" at Idolator.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 100.
11:38 PM on 01/14/12
jsm158
Contra
User Info.
I'll say it again, she was honestly one of the worst performances on SNL I've ever seen. And it wasn't because she was boring or just standing there, it was because she's completely fucking tone-deaf and kept randomly breaking out in some bizarre fake German accent like she was possessed.

It wasn't nerves either, look at literally all of her live performances that haven't been through editing. She's terrible (not to mention completely fake, but that's another story).
11:42 PM on 01/14/12
AbbeyCarbs
We're just kids on the run.
User Info.
I'll say it again, she was honestly one of the worst performances on SNL I've ever seen. And it wasn't because she was boring or just standing there, it was because she's completely fucking tone-deaf and kept randomly breaking out in some bizarre fake German accent like she was possessed.

It wasn't nerves either, look at literally all of her live performances that haven't been through editing. She's terrible (not to mention completely fake, but that's another story).
That pretty much sums up my feelings.
12:05 AM on 01/15/12
Yontsey
This Awkward Silence / Dustin
User Info.
I also heard this was pretty awful.
12:08 AM on 01/15/12
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.

I've been hearing lots about her, so I decided to look her up on facebook to see what she was all about.
"Fake" was the first word that came to mind when I saw that she classifies herself as a "Hollywood Pop / Sad Core" artist.
12:09 AM on 01/15/12
ZEZEtheX
in the FOBR jail.
User Info.
I'm good.
12:16 AM on 01/15/12
IamTheINDUSTRY
glory glory
User Info.
ya, 2009 is a long ass time. Phoenix. April 5, 2009. Album released May 2009.
12:20 AM on 01/15/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
...their 4th album
12:25 AM on 01/15/12
FourStarters
Summer Jam
User Info.
The only other artist to do it was Natalie Imbruglia.

LDR was fucking horrid.
12:26 AM on 01/15/12
IamTheINDUSTRY
glory glory
User Info.
"Lana Del Rey becomes the first artist in years to play Saturday Night Live before releasing a major album. Watch her sing "Video Games" and "Blue Jeans" at Idolator."

this is the original post. at what point does the post say 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, etc.?
12:30 AM on 01/15/12
irthesteve
User Info.
"Lana Del Rey becomes the first artist in years to play Saturday Night Live before releasing a major album. Watch her sing "Video Games" and "Blue Jeans" at Idolator."

this is the original post. at what point does the post say 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, etc.?
I'm confused about what confuses you. They put out 3 other major albums. Major in the sense that the band was popular (moreseo in France before the US), and major in the sense that they were on a major lable... EMI
12:32 AM on 01/15/12
IamTheINDUSTRY
glory glory
User Info.
I'm confused about what confuses you. They put out 3 other major albums. Major in the sense that the band was popular (moreseo in France before the US), and major in the sense that they were on a major lable... EMI
i'm confused about what confuses you. the original post, again,

at what point does the post say 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, etc.?
12:34 AM on 01/15/12
irthesteve
User Info.

How are you missing the point so badly?

Quote:

what you said has no relevance to the thread. The album that Phoenix released in 2009 was not "before releasing a major album" so why did you bring them into the conversation...
12:42 AM on 01/15/12
IamTheINDUSTRY
glory glory
User Info.
How are you missing the point so badly?

what you said has no relevance to the thread. The album that Phoenix released in 2009 was not "before releasing a major album" so why did you bring them into the conversation...
how are you missing the point so badly? What you said has no relevance to the thread. Phoenix played SNL before releasing a major album in the US. They played SNL to promote the major album they were about to release in the US. so, again,

please answer my original question.
12:44 AM on 01/15/12
irthesteve
User Info.
how are you missing the point so badly? What you said has no relevance to the thread. Phoenix played SNL before releasing a major album in the US. They played SNL to promote the major album they were about to release in the US. so, again,

this is where you are wrong. They released major albums before Wolfgang. The end. You're focusing on something that isn't even part of this conversation so I'm outta here
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS