Username
Password
Rise Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Rise Records
Inside AP.net

The Differences Are Noticeable

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/17/12)
I've heard some people call Rise Records the new Victory Records, and I guess I get the comparison from a certain standpoint - but I gotta admit: the emails I get after I crack a joke about a Rise Records' band on the homepage are always lighthearted and good spirited. When I used to make jokes about Victory stuff, the emails were basically threatening. Gotta give Rise a lot of credit. Plus, they're in my neck of the woods, are signing a lot of really good bands, and bringing in Matthew Gordner to do A&R work has been brilliant.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 107
12:01 PM on 01/17/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
The only major difference I see is in record sales. To my knowledge, Rise hasnt had any gold/platinum records. Or acts to reach the level of success as Taking Back Sunday, Hawthorne Heights, Thursday, Atreyu or even A Day to Remember. But whos to say they cant with all of their amazing signings as of lately. Hell, even Attack Attack! could be that band, even with all the hate.
12:04 PM on 01/17/12
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
The only major difference I see is in record sales. To my knowledge, Rise hasnt had any gold/platinum records. Or acts to reach the level of success as Taking Back Sunday, Hawthorne Heights, Thursday, Atreyu or even A Day to Remember. But whos to say they cant with all of their amazing signings as of lately. Hell, even Attack Attack! could be that band, even with all the hate.

Nice to see "the home of scene-core" and AbsolutePunk making friends Yes! This means more Rise news!
12:04 PM on 01/17/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Having a sense of humor and not taking everything so seriously = Backed 100% of the time

Victory sounds like some douches, Rise seem like chill dudes who like metalcore, tr00 pop punk, and money. Nothing wrong with that.
12:06 PM on 01/17/12
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
I've got nothing against Rise.
12:06 PM on 01/17/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great people at Rise. Hands down some of the best people in the industry!

I've had some great interactions with people at Victory over the years as well.
12:08 PM on 01/17/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
As much as hate this label has gotten over the past several years for signing certain bands, they're a solid label that really promotes who they sign (from what I can tell at least, they've been diversifying their roster the last year or so, and seem to really be in touch with the fans.
12:13 PM on 01/17/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
I find it interesting that a label would email after a joke is made on one website. Seems like a waste of time to me. Not sure what you would say... "Saw the comment you made earlier today. Can you please act more professional and refrain from making fun our band." I don't understand what you could possibly say without coming across butt-hurt. I suppose an email in good fun, the way Rise does is fine to maintain the relationship.
12:14 PM on 01/17/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Rise is a great label regardless of whether you like half or all or non of the label, in my opinion. Good people there
12:14 PM on 01/17/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
One of the labels I respect the very most. They know what they're doing, that's for sure.
12:19 PM on 01/17/12
Prae Omnia
User Info.
Tate is so biased.
12:24 PM on 01/17/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I find it interesting that a label would email after a joke is made on one website. Seems like a waste of time to me. Not sure what you would say... "Saw the comment you made earlier today. Can you please act more professional and refrain from making fun our band." I don't understand what you could possibly say without coming across butt-hurt. I suppose an email in good fun, the way Rise does is fine to maintain the relationship.
I talk to people pretty regularly via email... we were talking about something and I made a crack that I'd do lunch if no one was going to jump me for my sarcasm on the website.
12:25 PM on 01/17/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
My name is still Jason.
12:27 PM on 01/17/12
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Rise isn't the new Victory until they withhold royalties from their bands, dump massive resources into just one band, sell a bunch of pointless merch from said band and have a bunch of vinyl pressings that are clear/whatever transparent color with shitty black "smoke" swirls in them. Then they can be the new Victory.
12:28 PM on 01/17/12
Prae Omnia
User Info.
My name is still Jason.

Biased!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music