03:53 AM on 01/25/12 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old

How bout flip fails? haha

1:59

Bruso did take it like a fucking boss though.
04:13 AM on 01/25/12 
User Info.
jornor
RVA
Richmond, Virginia
Male
08:19 AM on 01/25/12 
User Info.
Augustine1128
Baltimore, MD
Male
Verified
You must have a lot of free time on your hands not being in a band or anything.

I'm confused. Is this supposed to be a dig at me for quitting YMAEWK?

either way, no I don't have much free time.

-I produce/engineer/record bands and artists from Baltimore.

-I'm almost finished self producing and recording my first record for my new project (with Kyle from YMAEWK), THE LITTLE INDIANS

-I work a part time retail job to earn money to hopefully pay an outside engineer to mix the Little Indians record

-And as of the end of October, I'm a live member for HelloGoodbye now that The Early November is back together

and no, I still don't think being able to do a guitar spin or backflip makes you a better band
08:36 AM on 01/25/12 
User Info.
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
Dallas, TX
Male - 19 Years Old

-I'm almost finished self producing and recording my first record for my new project (with Kyle from YMAEWK), THE LITTLE INDIANS

-I work a part time retail job to earn money to hopefully pay an outside engineer to mix the Little Indians record

-And as of the end of October, I'm a live member for HelloGoodbye now that The Early November is back together

and no, I still don't think being able to do a guitar spin or backflip makes you a better band
is Joseph not playing with HgB?
08:41 AM on 01/25/12 
User Info.
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
Flipping and tricks and stuff never makes your music better, but if done well can definitely make a more entertaining live show. And a more entertaining live show definitely makes a band better.
08:44 AM on 01/25/12 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
Hudson County, NJ
Male

Who the fuck said that??? This is a thread about cool guitar flips. If you don't like it, move on!
09:01 AM on 01/25/12 
User Info.
Augustine1128
Baltimore, MD
Male
Verified
Who the fuck said that??? This is a thread about cool guitar flips. If you don't like it, move on!

Hey man, no need to get so worked up over stage antics -- I'm a member of this online community. All I did was express my opinion.

Actually, looking back on it, I guess I didn't express my opinion because I felt the need to defend criticism from you.

so here it is:

If a band wants to do guitar spins, or backflips, or smash their guitar, or for all I care, whip their dick out and take a piss on their drummer during their set. That's totally up to them. I'm saying that since I started appreciating music for music, I find that more often than not, these kind of stage antics are a gimmick to either attract fans who don't know what they want out of listening to music, or it's a way to make up for a performance where playing the music doesn't quite cut it. Or fuck, maybe they just think guitar spins are awesome, I DONT KNOW.

But like another user said in this thread, and I agree with him, good music shouldn't need those kind of stage antics, because I believe the music should speak for itself.

That's my opinion man. You, and clearly a lot of other people, have different opinions....which is cool. But you can fuck riiiiighhhhttttt off if I'm not allowed to express that opinion because it doesn't match yours.

Now go turn on Linkin Park and (I mean it) have a good day.
09:18 AM on 01/25/12 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
Hudson County, NJ
Male
Hey man, no need to get so worked up over stage antics -- I'm a member of this online community. All I did was express my opinion.

Actually, looking back on it, I guess I didn't express my opinion because I felt the need to defend criticism from you.

so here it is:

If a band wants to do guitar spins, or backflips, or smash their guitar, or for all I care, whip their dick out and take a piss on their drummer during their set. That's totally up to them. I'm saying that since I started appreciating music for music, I find that more often than not, these kind of stage antics are a gimmick to either attract fans who don't know what they want out of listening to music, or it's a way to make up for a performance where playing the music doesn't quite cut it. Or fuck, maybe they just think guitar spins are awesome, I DONT KNOW.

But like another user said in this thread, and I agree with him, good music shouldn't need those kind of stage antics, because I believe the music should speak for itself.

That's my opinion man. You, and clearly a lot of other people, have different opinions....which is cool. But you can fuck riiiiighhhhttttt off if I'm not allowed to express that opinion because it doesn't match yours.

I have no problem with you "stating your opinion". But DON'T put words in my mouth. One random poster said good music doesn't need guitar spins. I agree 100 percent. This thread is about those bands that do use guitar flips and other shit on stage. If Brokencyde did a guitar flip (if they played guitars), and someone posted that in here..it's totally acceptable. This isn't about good music or bad music. It's about the cool looking shit band members do on stage. And I will go listen to Linkin Park. THEY are an established band who doesn't have to work a "retail job" to support themselves. Good luck with your new project (I mean it). Maybe you can play more than 200 max venues and be known on sites other than this one.
09:28 AM on 01/25/12 
User Info.
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
Killeen, TX
Male - 27 Years Old

so here it is:

Story of the Year does the guitar flips and spins and all the "stage tricks", but I feel they're one of the best live bands around. Granted, they are the exception, as many times the bands that "go crazy" on stage are in fact trying to take the crowd's attention away from something else that may be lacking... *cough* the music *cough*

I have no problem with you "stating your opinion". But DON'T put words in my mouth. One random poster said good music doesn't need guitar spins. I agree 100 percent. This thread is about those bands that do use guitar flips and other shit on stage. If Brokencyde did a guitar flip (if they played guitars), and someone posted that in here..it's totally acceptable. This isn't about good music or bad music. It's about the cool looking shit band members do on stage. And I will go listen to Linkin Park. THEY are an established band who doesn't have to work a "retail job" to support themselves. Good luck with your new project (I mean it). Maybe you can play more than 200 max venues and be known on sites other than this one.

Uncalled for. I have honestly never listened to the guys old band, or new band or anything, and don't know ANYTHING about him or his projects, but it's really not appropriate to condemn him for working a job and busting his balls for trying to make his dreams come true. I'm sure he probably believes in his own projects and would rather work a retail job for something he believes in than be in a band with minimal, if any, musical integrity, such as the aforementioned Linkin Park.
09:39 AM on 01/25/12 
User Info.
Augustine1128
Baltimore, MD
Male
Verified

hahaha, touche to all of that, man. Indeed, I suppose I misinterpreted the point of the thread.
09:43 AM on 01/25/12 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
Hudson County, NJ
Male
hahaha, touche to all of that, man. Indeed, I suppose I misinterpreted the point of the thread.

It's all good man. I got wayyyyy too defensive about nothing lol my apologies sir.
10:39 AM on 01/25/12 
User Info.
aboyandhiscurse
praise the sun
unfortunately, nj
Male - 23 Years Old
theres a video of jesse lacey doing one during logan to gov't center. i used to want to do this kind of stuff but i respect my instrument too much to take the risk of damaging it.
12:12 PM on 01/25/12 
User Info.
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
France
Male
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...2lItS4OA#t=72s
12:53 PM on 01/25/12 
User Info.
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
I remember seeing story of the year throw their guitars across the stage to each other and keep playing the song, but I can't find the video anymore.
Anybody?

every time i used to see them they did that. dude tossed a $3,000 PRS guitar way up in the air and walked away banking on having the guitar tech catch it. Guess when you get free gear you can do whatever you want with it.
01:00 PM on 01/25/12 
User Info.
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
Killeen, TX
Male - 27 Years Old
every time i used to see them they did that. dude tossed a $3,000 PRS guitar way up in the air and walked away banking on having the guitar tech catch it. Guess when you get free gear you can do whatever you want with it.

I've seen him do that too! Luckily the tech caught it at our show. My aunt works at the PRS factory in MD (she crafts the necks on the guitars), and she almost had a heart attack when I told her about them (literally) throwing their guitars across and above the stage. Haha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos