Sits in Free Agency 1 0.89%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

03:43 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
RyanGarner
Registered Member
Nashua, New...
Male - 21 Years Old
I really hope he stays a Colt. The New England vs. Indy rivalry has been one of the best for the past decade and it will die without him.
03:45 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
WardCity
AP Madden Hot Dog Eating Champ
On top of NFC WEST
Female - 25 Years Old
Retirement makes the most sense.
03:49 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Stormsubsides
Ocean Gate, New...
Male - 22 Years Old
I don't think Pete would pass up a chance to have a sure fire hall of famer under center though, unless he's just that stubborn with average play. They have a young d, a great running game, and some good weapons on offense.

As true as that is also let's keep in mind the salary cap, unsure how well Seattle is on cash for Peyton there's no way in hell Manning is going to settle for some weak ass contract, he made 26mill to sit on his ass AND has been the highest paid player in history how many times? They (and whoever goes to make a run at him) will have to pay a king's ransom to get him. I will say if Seattle surprises everyone and gets him--damn, the NFC West just got a hell of a lot more interesting.
03:51 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Stormsubsides
Ocean Gate, New...
Male - 22 Years Old
I really hope he stays a Colt. The New England vs. Indy rivalry has been one of the best for the past decade and it will die without him.

Dude, as much as I agree...I think the days of Manning Vs. Brady and it being the game of all games are behind us. We saw what it was like without Manning this year, and I just feel like the best games of those 2 are behind us </3
04:01 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
Louisville
Male
As true as that is also let's keep in mind the salary cap, unsure how well Seattle is on cash for Peyton there's no way in hell Manning is going to settle for some weak ass contract, he made 26mill to sit on his ass AND has been the highest paid player in history how many times? They (and whoever goes to make a run at him) will have to pay a king's ransom to get him. I will say if Seattle surprises everyone and gets him--damn, the NFC West just got a hell of a lot more interesting.

One thing I would watch for is where his old coach Caldwell ends up as an assistant. Manning has a very strong relationship with him and was not happy about him being let go.
04:06 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Stormsubsides
Ocean Gate, New...
Male - 22 Years Old
One thing I would watch for is where his old coach Caldwell ends up as an assistant. Manning has a very strong relationship with him and was not happy about him being let go.

That's a good point, so let's play a game real quick--what team's need an offensive coordinator/QB coach (his position under Dungy and in college ranks) that have an unsettled QB situation?
04:11 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Stormsubsides
Ocean Gate, New...
Male - 22 Years Old
I'll help you guys out this is a list of newly hired coaches who will probably bring in their own guys to fill certain spots.

Raiders, Rams, Oakland, Miami, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville and Kansas City.

Does anyone see Peyton/Caldwell going to any of these spots?
04:15 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Platinum Member
Miami already has an OC, but yea. he could definitely end up there
04:20 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Stormsubsides
Ocean Gate, New...
Male - 22 Years Old
Miami is probably one of the most desirable spots for him...and the fans because think of it Manning Vs Brady 2 times a season? Maybe 3 if the playoffs work out in that fashion. That'd be a great way to get ratings up.
04:55 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Andy Young
@YayItsAndy
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Anyone who says "Sits in Free Agency" is crazy.
05:10 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
hurryupbrett
sup
Houston, TX
Male - 24 Years Old
Arizona possibly?
05:14 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
t.web4
Gone
There shouldn't be a fourth option. I think he will go to the Arizona Cardinals. Maybe they'll pull of a Kurt Warner-like scenario again.
05:16 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
about3fitty
Registered Member
my gut feeling tells me he's going to stay in indy. i know most people think it won't happen but i just don't seem them letting him go.
05:19 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Stormsubsides
Ocean Gate, New...
Male - 22 Years Old
There shouldn't be a fourth option. I think he will go to the Arizona Cardinals. Maybe they'll pull of a Kurt Warner-like scenario again.

I just figured I'd give EVERY option out there. And as for your Arizona statement...I agree with that, they just need to get out of the Kolb deal, upgrade defense and get someone to go alongside Larry Fitzgerald first. All of which can easily be done this offseason.
05:32 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
DooDooBird
I'll help you guys out this is a list of newly hired coaches who will probably bring in their own guys to fill certain spots.

Raiders, Rams, Oakland, Miami, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville and Kansas City.

Does anyone see Peyton/Caldwell going to any of these spots?

Rams are a definite no. They like Sam Bradford.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos