AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Canada News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Canadian Music Round-Up (01/29/12)

Posted by - 10:15 AM on 01/29/12
Head to the replies to read this week's Canadian Music Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
10:15 AM on 01/29/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Canadian Music Round-UpIn case you missed them during the week, here are the posts made about Canadian content:

3 Inches of Blood Get a New Bassist

Cancer Bats
Sign to Metal Blade and Announce US Release Date / "Old Blood" Music Video / Track Listing and Canadian Release Date

Counterparts Put Up a Guitar Tutorial Video

The Darcys Were Interviewed By Us
/ Offer AJA For Free Download

Dead and Divine
US Tour Vlogs Are Finally Posted

Eight and a Half Move Back Release Date

Great Lake Swimmers Reveal Tour Dates and a Music Video

John K. Samson Music Video

Lights Chatted With Us

Octoberman Release Date and Single

Patrick Watson Release Date and Track List

Silverstein Music Video

Skip The Foreplay Added to Warped Tour Line-Up

Yukon Blonde Post New Single and Reveal Release Date For Tiger Talk
/ Announce Tour With Library Voices

------------------------------------------------------------
Additional News:

Rah Rah's Erin Passmore is releasing a solo EP titled Downtown on February 28.

The Lucky Ones will release Heartbreak, Hangovers and Punk Rock on February 8.

Dine Alone just launched an iTunes sale. Check out what they're offering here.

------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Music and Videos:

Watch Walk Off The Earth perform on Ellen here.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Tour Dates:

The Wooden Sky have confirmed the support acts for their upcoming Canadian tour.

After reuniting for a show in Burlington, Jersey will be playing a show in Toronto on February 10.

And in other reunion news, I Mother Earth is definitely getting back together. They'll be playing a show in Toronto on March 23 and they promise to release new material.

Red River Rampage in Winnipeg on March 23 has been moved to the Burton Cummings Theatre.

Dinosaur Bones is doing a tour of southern Ontario this week:

Jan 31, 2012 // Montreal // Il Motore
Feb 01, 2012 // Ottawa // Cafe Dekcuf
Feb 02, 2012 // Toronto // Horseshoe Tavern
Feb 09, 2012 // Guelph // E-Bar
Feb 10, 2012 // Kingston // Grad Club
Feb 11, 2012 // Hamilton // The Casbah
Feb 12, 2012 // St. Catharines // The Mansion

----------------------------------------------------------------
If you’d like to submit Canadian news to AbsolutePunk.net, email me at deborah.remus@absolutepunk.net or send me a PM with “Canadian Round-Up” in the subject line. I don't check the news queue often so that's probably the best way if you want to guarantee I'll see it.
10:16 AM on 01/29/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Interested in new I Mother Earth, but I don't know if it will be as good without Edwin. I do know the new Cancer Bats will probably be good and you should check out the new John K. Samson if you haven't yet.

Otherwise, people are still crazy for Lights I see. I remember when I started doing this thing and people would get so annoyed if I didn't mention her every week, but that hasn't happened in awhile, haha.

And the Dead and Divine vlogs, some people have messaged me about them. They're finally up after some major technical difficulties.
11:03 PM on 01/29/12
sixmillionways
Ima live 4eva if the good die young
User Info.
the last 2 cds they did without edwin were the best imo. do you recall their last album The Quicksilver Meat Dream? Byrne really impressed. check out the song god rocket. classic. also lights suck :P anddd everyone who has any respect in Canadian hip hop check out madchilds latest ep here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lit...ep/id493434121 also, subscribe to daniel victor ( neverending white lights) at http://www.facebook.com/WhiteLights dude is hella cool, not to mention one of the greatest artists to come out of canada, his new cd act 3, is dope.
11:39 PM on 01/29/12
RockTheWalls
Rock The Walls: http://idobi.com
User Info.
Rock The Walls Tour with dates is being posted this week happening Late Feb-Early March across Ontario + Montreal! So stoked!
12:13 AM on 01/30/12
Merch_Mike
retired merch guy
User Info.
After hearing about the I Mother Earth news, decided to listen to Summertime In The Void... that brought back some memories!
07:32 AM on 01/30/12
Brenden Doyle
object. aggregate. person.
User Info.
No love for Grimes? Her new album is out tomorrow.
09:50 AM on 01/30/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
No love for Grimes? Her new album is out tomorrow.

I remember posting about Grimes recently, I know Broden actually posted her news on the front page and he said Visions was coming out on February 21? Did she move it up?

Rock The Walls Tour with dates is being posted this week happening Late Feb-Early March across Ontario + Montreal! So stoked!

Congrats on getting your own tour!

the last 2 cds they did without edwin were the best imo. do you recall their last album The Quicksilver Meat Dream? Byrne really impressed. check out the song god rocket. classic. also lights suck :P anddd everyone who has any respect in Canadian hip hop check out madchilds latest ep here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lit...ep/id493434121 also, subscribe to daniel victor ( neverending white lights) at http://www.facebook.com/WhiteLights dude is hella cool, not to mention one of the greatest artists to come out of canada, his new cd act 3, is dope.

Cool. I'm not going to lie, when I think of IME, all I think of is "One More Astronaut" and "Raspberry" so I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan in the first place. My sister loved the record those songs came from and as I got older, I started recognizing the first one on the mainstream rock station here. I just listened to the two IME songs recommended in this thread and I don't know if I like them as much as those, but that could just be the nostalgia talking. I think I faintly recognize "Summertime in the Void" but I definitely prefer and recognize "One More Astronaut" more.
10:29 AM on 01/30/12
Brenden Doyle
object. aggregate. person.
User Info.
I remember posting about Grimes recently, I know Broden actually posted her news on the front page and he said Visions was coming out on February 21? Did she move it up?
Ah, it said Jan. 31st on another site in an Oct. 2011 post. Amazon.com says Feb. 21st though, so I'm guessing that's the actual date.
10:32 AM on 01/30/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Ah, it said Jan. 31st on another site in an Oct. 2011 post. Amazon.com says Feb. 21st though, so I'm guessing that's the actual date.

Yeah, according to Broden's news post they decided to move the release date back for whatever reason so you were right to assume it was coming out this week.
02:40 PM on 01/30/12
sixmillionways
Ima live 4eva if the good die young
User Info.
I'm kinda excited for the new Patrick Watson I saw him play in Saskatoon in 07 for the junos, have been listening to him since.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos