AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Show Review: City and Colour

Posted by - 10:55 AM on 02/04/12
You can read about last night's City and Colour show here. Did you go to any of the previous shows? Are you going to any of the upcoming dates?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
12:05 PM on 02/04/12
only the clouds
throw your body on the bad times
User Info.
I saw him play in December in Northampton. It was incredible, and not just because he's a great performer. I wrote a sappy blog post about it.
12:25 PM on 02/04/12
c_j
User Info.
Seeing them tonight, feel like its going to be a different experience given that its not in Canada and not in theater seating. But I can't wait anyway!
12:46 PM on 02/04/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I saw him play in December in Northampton. It was incredible, and not just because he's a great performer. I wrote a sappy blog post about it.

That was nice of him to do that, he seems like the nicest guy and it seems like your crowd was a lot more respectful too. I wonder if he's called out other cities like he called us out last night...

Seeing them tonight, feel like its going to be a different experience given that its not in Canada and not in theater seating. But I can't wait anyway!

Have fun! That's cool, I figured he was playing theatres with assigned seating the whole tour, but I guess not. The Canadian thing depends, I think the States likes Dallas too, but we might like him just a little more. I know this show was sold out since October and he added multiple nights in other Canadian cities to satisfy the demand.
12:49 PM on 02/04/12
freddyonfire
The one that you talk about.
User Info.
Exactly what he did last year in the Sydney show. He didn't lash out, but he did ask the audience for just one song (Body in a Box) without the camera phones, and it was easily one of the most memorable and intimate songs I'd witnessed.
Still shouldn't have left Alexis though.
12:51 PM on 02/04/12
Ferrari333SP
User Info.
I'm seeing him tonight too! It's at First Avenue in Minneapolis; should be a great night. Leaving in about 2 hours to head downtown, which is only a 10 minute drive away. Last time I saw him was in 2009, at a smaller venue that had seats, haha. Dallas has such an incredible voice live; if only he was able to perform live at the Grammys.
12:54 PM on 02/04/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Exactly what he did last year in the Sydney show. He didn't lash out, but he did ask the audience for just one song (Body in a Box) without the camera phones, and it was easily one of the most memorable and intimate songs I'd witnessed.
Still shouldn't have left Alexis though.

That's interesting, thanks for clearing that up a bit.
01:19 PM on 02/04/12
only the clouds
throw your body on the bad times
User Info.
That was nice of him to do that, he seems like the nicest guy and it seems like your crowd was a lot more respectful too. I wonder if he's called out other cities like he called us out last night...
Yeah, as was mentioned above, he asked everyone to put away their phones etc. for Body in a Box at my show too.
01:36 PM on 02/04/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Yeah, as was mentioned above, he asked everyone to put away their phones etc. for Body in a Box at my show too.

I see. I'm guessing stopping during “Missing (Serravalle)" and giving a mini-rant wasn't supposed to happen though.
01:51 PM on 02/04/12
c_j
User Info.
I'm seeing him tonight too! It's at First Avenue in Minneapolis; should be a great night. Leaving in about 2 hours to head downtown, which is only a 10 minute drive away. Last time I saw him was in 2009, at a smaller venue that had seats, haha. Dallas has such an incredible voice live; if only he was able to perform live at the Grammys.
Awesome! Although that's ambitiously early. I feel like 40 minutes before doors is plenty. Although it is quite nice out today, so it shouldn't be too bad.
01:53 PM on 02/04/12
c_j
User Info.

Have fun! That's cool, I figured he was playing theatres with assigned seating the whole tour, but I guess not. The Canadian thing depends, I think the States likes Dallas too, but we might like him just a little more. I know this show was sold out since October and he added multiple nights in other Canadian cities to satisfy the demand.
Ha yeah, I would say that is safe to say that Canada likes him more then. Our show still hasn't sold out. Although I suspect a good crowd will be in attendance anyway.
02:06 PM on 02/04/12
Ferrari333SP
User Info.
Awesome! Although that's ambitiously early. I feel like 40 minutes before doors is plenty. Although it is quite nice out today, so it shouldn't be too bad.

My main reason for getting there around 40-45 before doors is so I can get inside to get close to the stage; I try to do that at all shows I go to. But like you mentioned the show probably won't be sold out, so I could probably find my way to the front anyways, if I left a little later. The show at the Varsity back in 2009 was pretty packed though, so tonight should be even more packed, and more fun I think. Gah going to be such a good night.
02:44 PM on 02/04/12
c_j
User Info.
My main reason for getting there around 40-45 before doors is so I can get inside to get close to the stage; I try to do that at all shows I go to. But like you mentioned the show probably won't be sold out, so I could probably find my way to the front anyways, if I left a little later. The show at the Varsity back in 2009 was pretty packed though, so tonight should be even more packed, and more fun I think. Gah going to be such a good night.
Same plan. Gonna catch a bus right now. Probably see you in line, I'll be hipster with the brand new t and blue hoodie! ha. I just moved here and literally know no one yet.
04:16 PM on 02/04/12
TheRocketKid
Jose the Rocket Kid
User Info.
Went to San Francisco's show on Nov 6th, amazing. I as well, wrote a sappy blog post.
http://theloverkid.tumblr.com/post/1...138/show-recap
05:09 PM on 02/04/12
bananabread
User Info.
I saw him in Boston and he was phenomenal. I wasn't really sure about his new album and having a full band behind him, but that all changed once I saw him.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos