Death News - Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 244.
09:29 PM on 02/11/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Why thank you

But really... Patrick Bateman ftw
Hahaha surprised it hasn't been done in here before. Love that scene.
09:30 PM on 02/11/12
unicornurine
User Info.
haha nice. the ole grammar correction bs as a reply to my comment? if you have nothing better to say don't waste my time.
Do you need a hug or something, man? You can have all of my ex's teddy bears she gave me.
09:45 PM on 02/11/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
haha nice. the ole grammar correction bs as a reply to my comment? if you have nothing better to say don't waste my time.

BS? I dunt noe wut u meen bro?

If you're gonna call me a douche, at least spell correctly so you don't come off as some middle school idiot.
09:49 PM on 02/11/12
gloriousmuse
you've left me speechless
User Info.
I just told my mom and she told me to stop playing like that. When she realized I was serious I thought she was gonna cry too. I grew up with her music. This is a huge blow.

Omg is that Aaliyah in your icon?
09:49 PM on 02/11/12
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
BS? I dunt noe wut u meen bro?

If you're gonna call me a douche, at least spell correctly so you don't come off as some middle school idiot.
i'm sorry should i use spell check next time? lol. outrageous. i'm not the fucking jackass spamming up this thread about grammar. ppl die, respect the issue. don't bash it over the internet with media accusations and grammar.
09:51 PM on 02/11/12
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
Do you need a hug or something, man? You can have all of my ex's teddy bears she gave me.
who's she in this reply you are speaking of? whitney houston? damn i'd think you wouldn't be a a basher comin in here with nothing better to do if she gave you teddy bears.
09:51 PM on 02/11/12
epaynedds
User Info.
crazy. sad.
09:56 PM on 02/11/12
LogikaX
Project Tu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by Greg Berdan
Lots of sad posts about Whitney Houston's passing earlier today. Many snide remarks about her drug addiction. Many videos of her singing will be posted. Many folks will post 140 character sentiments and hope others will see them as a profound statements or genius poetry. Truth be told, 99% of those people are just there for their own attention and don't know anything about the human who was Whitney.

I was not a huge fan. I knew her name and her music. Movies as well. Mostly what I knew about her was her addiction. It was the hottest news to be shared about the woman and was more widely know than her tops songs. I never saw people imitate her singing, unless it was displayed in parody with emphasis on her drug use. Other wise she was fodder for comedians and their writers. Sad tribute to a once highly esteemed star.

Before I considered commenting on her news, or even writing this post, I did some searching on Whitney and what she did with all her millions. Yes she lived well. Yes she was an addict. But surprising to me, and fairly obscured from the public, was her philanthropy. Whitney was a quietly charitable person. She donated her time and talent to fundraisers. She support many causes and had her own foundation the Whitney Houston Foundation for Children. It supports children suffering with cancer and AIDS. Her tried and true fans might know all of this. I as a general consumer was unaware because efforts like this aren't news worthy and go unseen.

Whitney will be missed by the masses for a few days. Her contributions, whether monetary or talent, will be missed deeply by these charities, organizations, and their beneficiaries for a long time to come. Hopefully this part of her life sees the light of day for at least a few moments. Hard to say if that will happen with the flash in the pan that is our modern day media.

I wan't an adoring fan. I am mostly cynical of the excesses of those in the entertainment industry. I only knew her for her music and her downfall with addiction. I am glad I stopped to look deeper. I now have a deep respect for her humanity.

Source: https://plus.google.com/109227682559...ts/2rhpKnDY6B1
10:01 PM on 02/11/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
i'm sorry should i use spell check next time? lol. outrageous. i'm not the fucking jackass spamming up this thread about grammar. ppl die, respect the issue. don't bash it over the internet with media accusations and grammar.

Ha.. um.. yes? You want people to understand what you are typing correct? Jesus, you are dumb. Also, two comments that are replies are not "spamming". I guess you are bad at grammar/spelling and not knowing correct terminology?

Also people dying is not an issue genius, people abusing drugs are and this is the end result when you do that. I am not bashing Whitney's death online, its a shame and sad for sure, but if you abuse drugs then what else can you expect. Some of our best musicians left way too early due to drugs and by now people in general should learn, use heavy drugs = risk of an accidental OD. If you think Whitney died by natural causes then I just can't take anything you say seriously. In fact, I'm sure no one will. Its as silly as the Winehouse fans that cried foul when her autopsy came out.

Regardless, rest in peace Whit. You will be missed for a long time to come.
10:07 PM on 02/11/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Cocaine is a helluva drug.
It took 7 pages to get that reply?!?
10:09 PM on 02/11/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Omg is that Aaliyah in your icon?

Yes
10:13 PM on 02/11/12
sjb2k1
User Info.
The last known WWI Veteran died last week and not a single fuck was given. Whitney had a good voice and sang some songs, this woman helped change the world in her own small way

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-16929653
would upvote if i could
10:13 PM on 02/11/12
Allstarme23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
lol i'm glad you hopped on the poor Whitney movement right as she died, people watched this train wreck for years and now act like they give a fuck. Same thing w/ Amy Winehouse, it's sad that it happened but to come along after the fact and act like you care means nothing. Honestly when was the last time you sat down and appreciated her music?

I didn't say I can't grasp it, i'm saying it's bullshit, she wasn't talked about here, she's someone from your childhood who died and you'll give a shit for 3 weeks then forget about it
Why do you think this way???
10:15 PM on 02/11/12
sjb2k1
User Info.
You can't become addicted if you don't start doing drugs to begin with. I don't understand why someone like her would even try it once.
we're human and don't think it can happen to us?
10:23 PM on 02/11/12
kemppettyjohn
Pilot Jones, Pilot Jones
User Info.
Rip
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music