TWLOHAjessica
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Hi Alissa! Glad you're here tonight!
05:29 PM on 02/14/12
twlohaSavannah
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
I don't love Valentine's day. I love the concept...the idea that everybody is loving, and life is romantic, and happy, but I dislike the actuality of Valentine's day. I don't understand it, and I know that people dislike what they don't understand (I see this all the time when it comes to addressing things such as Addiction and Self-injury), so if you're a fan of Valentine's day, why is it that you feel the way you do? :)
I'm going on 21 years of not having a valentine, but I love the holiday for what it is a reminder for us to do. I always celebrate the holiday with some of my closest friends, and it's honestly more fun than I ever anticipate it being.
05:30 PM on 02/14/12
Rachel1031
User Info.
I don't know if we've ever really thought about that before, but I'd like to think it would be something inspiring and uplifting :)

I think so too! I think TWLOHA would sound like a cross between City and Colour and the Fray, with some Lady Antebellum harmony thrown in, and the stage presence of Skrillex.
kelly_twloha
User Info.
Hey quick question about UChapters, I'm still a junior in high school so I've got a bit to go but I was just wondering if anyone thinks I'll be able to start a UChapter at my future college while I play a sport or should I just choose a college that already has a UChapter. TWLOHA has been a huge part of my life and I wear the dogtag everyday to promote you guys and to remind myself of the journey that I've been through to get where I am today. I play golf and will most likely be getting a scholarship but my dream is to eventually intern for TWLOHA and I would love to be a part of a UChapter.
i'm at TX State and we just started our uchap last semester. Our president and VP were both resident assistants at the time, working, and involved in many things on campus. Even with their busy lives, and me being a freshman who still doesn't know crap about campus, we've begun to make our mark. So i'd definitely say you should go for it if the college you go to doesn't have one yet =)
invisibleme<3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

celebrate with jokes about singleness and alcohol

truth is i'm about to break up with my bf but i can't hurt him...and i'm 14 and mom dosen't drink. Honestly I just want to be able to talk to someone and this is a great start XD
ChangingNations
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey everyone, I'm Amber, and I just wanted to say that I hope you all realize how lovely and amazing you are. And just know that none of that is defined by your relationship status.
liberty9331
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think Valentine's day is about all kinds of love, not just romantic love. To me, it's more of a "spread the love" day. :)
lydialovesyou
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ohhh so you're the random Lydia that added me on Facebook =P
so you're one of the lucky ones who i was able to request before Facebook shut me down... sorries for the randomness! <3
abcd_emma
User Info.
Thank you, it means a lot. It's just everything just keeps on going from bad to worse lately and it's hard to try and keep my head above.
things always tend to get worse before they get better-but that doesn't mean the better doesn't come. the longer it takes, the more worth it it will be.
rradd
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i wanted to start a storytellers chapter at my school, and i was about to go tell my favourite teacher if she'd help but i chickened out, because i was scared of people making fun of the "broken" people D:
i feel the same way i want to start a story tellers thing, but havent been able to do it..
twlohaJesse
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
oh thought it would be a video chat and the viewers were to type in responses/questions.
Sorry it's not what you expected. We hope you still have some comments or questions for us :)
mellyonline
User Info.
I know lots of people get TWLOHA related tattoos...anyone here have any??
im trying to convince my mom to let me get a tattoo of a butterfly on my wrist with its wings wrapped around the word love,

sadly, she'd never go for it :/
ClayDoh5
User Info.
Jamie,
This has just been an awful 2 weeks for me. My one roommate/best friend (I have 2) got mad and stopped talking to me and our other roommate when we brought up an issue with our guest policy, so now I'm living with someone who won't even look at me. One of the people that helped start my complete downward spiral 8 years ago (when I began self-harming and not realizing it was an actual problem) came back into my life and has been making everything worse. I'm just never genuinely happy anymore, I'm usually just a constant state of indifference or sadness with some really happy days mixed in (mostly concerts). I just want to be happy with a few bad days mixed in, I'm sick of it being the other way around.
I want to be finally content with myself, but being told that I'm ugly and worthless so many times just made me believe that I am and it's hard to change that way of thinking. All of this just made me start self harming again, as much and even more, than I did at my lowest point 8 years ago.
To top everything off, my grandpa who's young and perfectly healthy had surgery last week but wasn't feeling well after. My Dad flew out to Minnesota to see him and help my grandma with him but when I got back from class my Dad called me and told me he didn't make it. I was shocked, hysterical, and heartbroken because it was completely unexpected and I never had to deal with something like that, especially not on top of everything else. The ironic part was that the morning before (Tuesday) I made the decision (with my 3 friends help) and called Student Health Services to make my first ever therapy appointment which was supposed to be today.
I've been told that I'm worthless just so many times, especially because I don't have a guy in my life, so today is always hard. But this Valentine's Day in particular is even harder because today was the day of my Grandpa's first memorial service and I couldn't be there because I'm at school, and it's just been so hard having my family be all together to support each other but my sister and I are isolated at school all alone.
I want to get better, but I can't help but feeling like I'm not worth it because other people have much worse problems and have been through much worse. I feel like right now, I'm a waste of a life.
One of the only things helping me to convince myself to push on, is watching the TWLOHA videos, and Jamie speaking. Jamie is my inspiration, hero, and the reason why I realized that what I'm going through is an issue and I shouldn't have to deal with it. I keep trying to push on and I made that phone call to seek help/treatment so that I can get better and be able to have the opportunity to meet my hero, Jamie Tworkowski.
Sorry this was so long, I just needed to get it out.
You are most definitely not worthless. And yeah... any nice guy could say that. But I honestly believe it. I can hear your cries through your entry & it breaks my heart into a few pieces. You're a very smart girl. Current friendships may not reflect that integrity, but God is going to do something so wonderful for you. Please keep fighting and submit your feelings to level of love and let others take care of u. God bless!
Crysxapplesauce
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I know lots of people get TWLOHA related tattoos...anyone here have any??
I just got a tattoo inspired by TWLOHA and a MOVE Conference! It says, "Remember Hope" written in script on my left ribs (:
musicmakesme
@Clare_OShea
User Info.
All of us here at the TWLOHA office are on EST time, but we're glad you're here! :)

Thank you! I normally miss these livechats but tonight it's all worked out. Reminds me of the Happy Birthday blog post:
Quote:
We're still alive, you see. You and i on this night that's never happened before. Spread out across a giant circle, winter on one side and summer on the other, day and night the same.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests