Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 31
Displaying posts 450 - 465 of 1697.
05:32 PM on 02/14/12
FightforTruth
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thank you so much for reading our news and caring. :) The best way that we've found to reach out to people who are hurting is just to be honest and allow conversations to "go there." So many people don't feel like they have a place to share openly about things they may feel ashamed of, but creating a space in relationship where someone can be honest without fear of rejection or judgement can change, and even save, a life. It may also be worth connecting with local mental health professionals (counselors at your school and other groups in the community) to inquire about ways to raise awareness and get involved in your community.

I Just wanted to thank TWLOHA for all you guys do. I wrote this and wanted to share it with you all. What has helped you or people you know through times of depression, besides antidepressants, counseling, community etc?

Thank you to those who have quietly walked beside me throughmy pain. Thank you to those who have been sunrises and to those who have heldmy hand while the sun sets. Thank you to those who have dreamed for me when Icannot dream for myself. Thank you to those whose smiles and tears have been agentle whisper that I can move through this. Thank you to those who have heldmy hands while they shake. Thank you to those who pour love out because theythink I am worth it. Thank you to those who have told darkness flee. Thank youto those who have been light and hope in my life. Thank you to those who havehelped me lift my head to see the stars. Thank you to those who have whisperedtruth through books, music, and community. Thank you to those with open arms andopen hearts. Thank you to those who are teaching my heart to sing again. Thankyou to those who have read my words and told me they are beautiful. Thank youto those who have told me that I am more than my scars and my pain. Thank youto those who do not let shame name me. Thank you to those who have helped medream again. Thank you to those who know I am made to climb mountains and torun free. Thank you to those who have called me beauty, sister, daughter,friend. Thank you to those with feet that slowly dance me towards home. Thankyou to those who have fought for me to be alive. Thank you to those who holdtheir hands against the wounds of my past, my darkness, and my mistakes. Thankyou to those who have not left me when the journey gets difficult. Thank you tothose who believe I was made to dance in fields of flowers in a white dress.Thank you to those who believe my broken heart is desperately needed. Thank youto those who do not let me give up. Thank you to those who scream in their painthat we are not alone. Thank you to those who sing lullabies to my soul when Icannot sleep. Thank you to those who live their story. Thank you to those whodream. Thank you to those who adventure. Thank you to those who breathe. Thankyou for continuing to live, your heart makes it more beautiful to be alive.
Rachel1031
User Info.
it's an internet meme. (just incase you are unfamiliar with the term meme, they are jokes that start out as underground and really funny. then they get repeated to death. PS I don't have a girlfriend the post was entirely a joke and referring to no one.)

Ok! I'm so sorry if you thought I was overreacting, I sometimes forget that online text conveys little emotion :)
saturday_snow_squall
www.facebook.com/survaysays
User Info.
I think Valentine's day is about all kinds of love, not just romantic love. To me, it's more of a "spread the love" day. :)
thats the spirit! thats what i like to think of it as too :D
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
My question to TWLOHA: are there many volunteer opportunities here in the UK? I'd love to get involved but don't know how best to.

Best way to stay in the loop about volunteer opportunities is to join our street team (http://towriteloveonherarms.fancorps.com/signup/). We do not currently have any events planned in the UK or volunteer things available, but if we do, street team will be the first to know.
Beachbumm12KA
User Info.
I meet a TWLOHA staff member on the Cab's tour that just ended. I think his name was Jason he was an intern in 09. I don't know if he is here tonight but i just want to thank him for encouraging me to not give up on some dreams. To not let my anxiety get in the way of the wonderful things i am capable of. Like so many others i dream of being a TWLOHA intern but I know not everyone can be chosen. He encouraged me to keep going with the Storytellers and to apply for an internship. He encouraged me to believe in myself. Thank you Jason.
cmbasile99
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You are most definitely not worthless. And yeah... any nice guy could say that. But I honestly believe it. I can hear your cries through your entry & it breaks my heart into a few pieces. You're a very smart girl. Current friendships may not reflect that integrity, but God is going to do something so wonderful for you. Please keep fighting and submit your feelings to level of love and let others take care of u. God bless!
Thank you so much, you're really kind. This just gave me hope that there are at least some people who think that I'm worth it. Really thank you so much.
katmcb
User Info.
I firmly believe my cat has Emily Tworkowski's beat in the theatrics dept. She dressed herself as a flower for me for V-Day
SoundwaveUproar
Registered Member
User Info.

celebrate with jokes about singleness and alcohol
seriously like you more and more each post
jyeck7
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
TWLOHA came around at the right time for me...six years ago when I was a freshman in HS I remember hearing about someone at me school committing suicide...and then as a sophomore it happened again...and as a junior it happened again...and then as a senior it happened again...my mind always gravitated to the same thing and question...why didn't they ask for help...although I didn't personally know them I wish I could've been given the opportunity just to talk to them...to see what was going on...and to tell them that they matter very much...I was lucky enough to stumble upon TWLOHA as a senior and I was into alot of the bands that supported them early on...I am proud to say that six years later I am very active in making sure that I say hello to a stranger everyday and say kind words to everyone that I come in contact with at work or in my personal life...
Trinicox06
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Twloha is my life. Everyday on twitter i retweet a tweet from Twloha's twitter account. What y'all are doing is beyond amazing. Lost of words. Thank you so much for pouring y'alls heart into this and everything you all have done. I hope Valentines day was a good one.
05:33 PM on 02/14/12
NataliElizabeth
User Info.
The entire TWLOHA organization has done so much for me. I learned about it about two years ago. I started wearing TWLOHA merch and participating in TWLOHA Days and it was always so wonderful whenever someone asked what TWLOHA was and I was able to tell them about you guys.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Ok! I'm so sorry if you thought I was overreacting, I sometimes forget that online text conveys little emotion :)
not at all, just didnt want you to think i was actually referring to someone as a bitch haha
twlohaDanielle
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
I was gonna ask out a girl I've liked for 6 months today...but I didn't. What now?
Valentine's Day is just one day out of the year. Today can feel like a lot of pressure- you can always ask tomorrow :)
sleer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How is Renee doing? I feel like there is so much hype with the movie, but she's not very active on Twitter/FaceBook. Is she doing well?
NataliElizabeth
User Info.
How old do you have to be to become an intern?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS