Username
Password
Sports News - Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 261.
01:18 PM on 02/15/12
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
The thing that gets me is every team he has played besides the Lakers are below 500.

Didn't Lin have his best game against the only team above .500?
01:22 PM on 02/15/12
nyghthybrid
User Info.
i guess traveling doesn't exist in professional basketball anymore...

i suppose it could be either way. you see 3 steps. refs didnt.
i would argue that it was only 2 steps (picked the ball up and made his first step simultaneously).
01:23 PM on 02/15/12
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
User Info.
The thing that gets me is every team he has played besides the Lakers are below 500.

Jazz aren't below 500

TWolves are not a bad team this year. He's outplayed Deron Williams and John Wall who are both considered better players

Not buying that it's just because he's facing bad teams

And even if it is there are more bad teams than good teams... So if he could only do this against bad teams I still like what he's able to do against them
01:23 PM on 02/15/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Kind of a racially undertoned stereotype, no? Here's a less racist stereotype: dudes that are 6'3" and 200 lbs have deep voices more often than not. I'm asian, 5'9" and skinny as a pole, and I sound like Dikembe Mutombo, so I can't say I was surprised.

He's like 6'3'', only dude above average tall with a comically high pitched voice is Tim Duncan.

I'm 6'6", 220 pounds. His voice is certainly deeper than mine. I'm not racist, but you're both heightists!
01:24 PM on 02/15/12
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
He shouldn't be supporting/doing commercials for a group that is if he wants to avoid that association imo.
Fair enough. I definitely would never go near a commercial for those people. My main point was that the guy does a lot of good, and to call him a "total dickhead of a human being" is uncalled for.
01:24 PM on 02/15/12
mms13
User Info.

Of course he did! He's gotta do stuff like this otherwise he won't get a ticket to live with the wizard in the clouds after he dies!
01:25 PM on 02/15/12
untitled94
User Info.
Why would he? Did he say something about it in the video? (Can't see it from work.)
No, but he likes Christian music haha and they were/are a christian band
01:26 PM on 02/15/12
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Who cares? First of all, he had his best game against the Lakers. Second of all, its not like he's going to start playing like shit once he starts playing teams above .500. Who on the Heat guards him? Chalmers? No. Even if he has trouble against Rose, Westbrook, and Rondo, it really doesn't matter. He's basically a rookie, and he's doing what he is supposed to do: he is playing well against, and beating the teams he is supposed to be beating.

The real test will be when Carmelo comes back. No way he can keep the pace he's at with Carmelo dominating the ball. Will they be able to co-exist? Carmelo is probably the toughest player to play alongside in the league (he doesn't create for anyone, and he's not that good off the ball). D'Antoni would be wise to stop allowing Carmelo to play point-forward, and have him play more of a traditional 3.
01:26 PM on 02/15/12
mms13
User Info.
What was dumb about his post? Tebow's association with FotF proved he has Bible-backed "ethics" that fly directly in the face of rights held by women and homosexuals. Thus, plenty of progressive-minded people might indeed consider him a shitty human.
Thanks for defending me, and more importantly, for getting it.
01:27 PM on 02/15/12
iarnoldsn
User Info.
He's like 6'3'', only dude above average tall with a comically high pitched voice is Tim Duncan.

Richard Jefferson: 6'7", 230lbs or so

01:29 PM on 02/15/12
TheOtherAndrew
[UNINTELLIGIBLE SCREAMING]
User Info.
"...they play a lot of contemporary Christian music..."

*closes window*
01:30 PM on 02/15/12
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
User Info.
Who cares? First of all, he had his best game against the Lakers. Second of all, its not like he's going to start playing like shit once he starts playing teams above .500. Who on the Heat guards him? Chalmers? No. Even if he has trouble against Rose, Westbrook, and Rondo, it really doesn't matter. He's basically a rookie, and he's doing what he is supposed to do: he is playing well against, and beating the teams he is supposed to be beating.

The real test will be when Carmelo comes back. No way he can keep the pace he's at with Carmelo dominating the ball. Will they be able to co-exist? Carmelo is probably the toughest player to play alongside in the league (he doesn't create for anyone, and he's not that good off the ball). D'Antoni would be wise to stop allowing Carmelo to play point-forward, and have him play more of a traditional 3.

Yea Melo is done with his point forward experiment

I don't anticipate Melo being a problem

PnR with Amare and Melo on the weak side would be such a killer combo

Melo is gonna be a catch a shoot player a lot more this year. I mean really. Adding a top 5 scorer to the lineup is certainly not gonna hurt lol. They'll be fine. Lin's scoring will take a nose dive but his ability to move the ball and create will keep the offense flowing. Melo can be a ball stopper but I think he'll fit in nicely with the flow of the game
01:30 PM on 02/15/12
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Of course he did! He's gotta do stuff like this otherwise he won't get a ticket to live with the wizard in the clouds after he dies!
You need to look a little deeper than religion here. The guy does a lot of good for a lot of less-fortunate people. If you fail to see the good in that, then I'm sorry.
01:33 PM on 02/15/12
DejaMe
It's a funny thing this life.
User Info.
Can someone fill me in. What's the story behind this guy?
01:36 PM on 02/15/12
mms13
User Info.
You need to look a little deeper than religion here. The guy does a lot of good for a lot of less-fortunate people.
We're getting off track here, bottom line is:
Lin deserves all the media coverage - because he's good at his sport. Tebow is not very good, but gets tons of media coverage for shit like you mentioned. Guess what? Millions of other nice people help out the less fortunate every day, where's their media coverage?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests