AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

05:06 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
onthereg
Male - 30 Years Old
quick backstory: i'm normally a pretty nice guy. i'm not a prick to people, i have been shit on by girls in the past, so in the few times i've had the control in a relationship, i remember that, and try to be cool to her...here's the thing though...the bar that me and all my friends go to, i hooked up with a bartender there. i know i know, don't shit where you eat. but i did, and know i live with the repercussions every weekend. every time i see her, i do my best to be nice and not be rude, but once i have a few too many drinks in me, i end up hooking up with her. and i know someone will say, "oh well you probably like her, the truth comes out when you're drunk." no, in my case, i get more desperate when i'm drunk, and will shove my tongue down any girls mouth. not once have i not regretted it the next morning. tomorrow night, i'm gonna be out, and i'm going to get hammered, that is a fact. she will be there. how do i avoid hooking up with her? it's one thing to say it to myself now, completely sober. that's easy. the hard part is saying no when i am three sheets to the wind. much help appreciated.
05:08 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
chipdip18
I was afraid I'd eat your brains.
You need to pick a new bar or be the designated driver.
05:16 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
New York City
Male - 19 Years Old
Oh this is such a difficult problem man. There's honestly nothing you can do except maybe just maybe, drink less.
05:18 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
onthereg
Male - 30 Years Old
You need to pick a new bar or be the designated driver.

On paper this sounds great, but in being totally honest with myself, over 20 of us are meeting up tomorrow for the first time in months. Just won't happen, haha.
05:19 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
onthereg
Male - 30 Years Old
Oh this is such a difficult problem man. There's honestly nothing you can do except maybe just maybe, drink less.

Yup, I know. Maybe I can blatantly attempt to or actually hook up with another girl in the same bar and hope that she gets wind of it? Then again that could just create a whole different set of problems...
05:19 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
<*)))><
Put a T-Shirt On
Oswego,NY
Male - 23 Years Old
I don't drink anymore but I don't drink any less.
05:52 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
umadbro414
like a boss
Milwaukee, WI
Female - 23 Years Old
After my most recent break up, I did / am doing something similar. I know a guy through mutual friends and we ONLY hook up when we're drunk. For me, he's just a nighttime companion. I don't like sleeping alone - I never have. So many nights, we'd go out / meet out and we'd end up back at his place. And if I knew that WASN'T going to happen, I'd try hitting on other guys at the bar - but that would just make this guy mad. So we've continued doing this for the past 3 months or so.

Point: I'm finally putting and end to it cause the guy is nothing but a fucking tool. It doesn't make me feel very good about myself. And why would I want to do something that causes me more emotional baggage?
05:56 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
sjb2k1
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
have someone else go up to get your damn drinks for the night and stay far the fuck away from her

or, continue to make regrettable decisions
06:02 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
Starbursting
Male - 22 Years Old
Yup, I know. Maybe I can blatantly attempt to or actually hook up with another girl in the same bar and hope that she gets wind of it? Then again that could just create a whole different set of problems...

oh it will.
06:11 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
Drink more and become Captain Blackout, the world's first drunk superhero.
06:22 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
Louisville
Male
Admitting you have a problem is the first step towards finding a solution. Here's a resolution, tell some buddies that will be at the bar to be your wingmen and find another woman, or pick up a woman before the bar.
06:26 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
Kapa73
Male - 27 Years Old
OR....develop (GASP) self control
06:37 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
floormaster925
don't stick around
America's High Five
Male
i did the same thing with a girl i used to work with. i refused to even hang out with her sober, but once a little bit a booze was involved, all bets were off. to be fair though, she was a huge whore which appealed to my drunken brain. at some point i just deleted her number so i wouldn't try to call her, knowing she'd come pick me up no matter how shitty i was. sever the ties.
06:49 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
WaveUponWave
Six days no sleep
Ireland
Male - 27 Years Old
what's she like before you're drunk? is she all "oh here's my boyfriend" or just "whatever"?
06:53 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
onthereg
Male - 30 Years Old
yeah i'm just going to do my best to hang with my buddies and avoid her like the plague. hopefully she is working, rather than just sitting there getting shitfaced all night. the problem, is that if she isn't working, she's getting tons of free drinks so she's beyond messy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos