AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Sports News - Page 17
Displaying posts 240 - 255 of 261.
12:42 AM on 02/17/12
poopsmitty
User Info.
Another BIG highlight a lot of people overlook is the fact that this guy was freaking back-up for the fucking back-up.

Him getting all this game time to show his talent is a freaking ABC FAMILY SPECIAL cliche, he went in the game because no one else could and proved that he's a solid player. The fact that he's really consistent not only in stats, but as a team player is what makes him worth taking about.
04:30 AM on 02/17/12
SunnyInPhilly
#HartnellDown
User Info.
but he believes in a wizard in the sky
It's ok though. Apparently you're allowed to believe in the "wizard in th sky" as long as you only display it at times deemed appropriate by mms. If he ever thanks god in a post-game interview, Lin will be a Tebow-level dickhead as well.
05:38 AM on 02/17/12
mms13
should i say something sensational?
User Info.
but he believes in a wizard in the sky
That's awesome, because he doesn't shove it in my face all day. He doesn't get on one knee and pray on the sideline. And after winning the game, he thanks the fans, his teammates, coaches - the REAL people that helped him succeed.
05:49 AM on 02/17/12
mms13
User Info.
It's ok though. Apparently you're allowed to believe in the "wizard in th sky" as long as you only display it at times deemed appropriate by mms. If he ever thanks god in a post-game interview, Lin will be a Tebow-level dickhead as well.
Not at all. He can thank God all he wants! Athletes do it all the time. So do musicians, actors, etc when they win awards. I have no problems with those people. I have problems with Tebow because his entire persona revolves around God. He displays his faith so outwardly that it's insulting. If you think I'm being offensive by countering Christian beliefs, look at fucking Tebow shoving Christianity on people of all faiths every single time he's on TV.

"Hey look at me I put bible verses on my fucking face! Cause I love Jesus! He is the sole reason I'm so awesome! Praise him!!"

What if a football player went out with "ATHEIST" written on his eye black? Would the media not freak out at that? So fucking twisted.

No one needs to see that shit. Dickhead - plain and simple.
06:34 AM on 02/17/12
jprime
http://himynameis.jp
User Info.
Not at all. He can thank God all he wants! Athletes do it all the time. So do musicians, actors, etc when they win awards. I have no problems with those people. I have problems with Tebow because his entire persona revolves around God. He displays his faith so outwardly that it's insulting. If you think I'm being offensive by countering Christian beliefs, look at fucking Tebow shoving Christianity on people of all faiths every single time he's on TV.

"Hey look at me I put bible verses on my fucking face! Cause I love Jesus! He is the sole reason I'm so awesome! Praise him!!"

What if a football player went out with "ATHEIST" written on his eye black? Would the media not freak out at that? So fucking twisted.

What's the difference between what Tebow does and somebody wearing some shirt of a band/musician that made a huge impact in their life every time they go out?

By your logic...they're the scum of the Earth.
06:43 AM on 02/17/12
mms13
User Info.
What's the difference between what Tebow does and somebody wearing some shirt of a band/musician that made a huge impact in their life every time they go out?

By your logic...they're the scum of the Earth.
What's the difference? You tell me:
"Hey, blink 182 sucks"
"Hey, all your beliefs, your entire outlook on life, and your reason for existing are all wrong"

What a terrible analogy.
07:37 AM on 02/17/12
jprime
User Info.
What's the difference? You tell me:
"Hey, blink 182 sucks"
"Hey, all your beliefs, your entire outlook on life, and your reason for existing are all wrong"

What a terrible analogy.
Alrighty then...we'll just assume that every time Tebow bows down and prays...deep down he's really saying "Hey, all your beliefs, your entire outlook on life, and your reason for existing are all wrong"

And I don't think my analogy was far off...if I wore my Childish Gambino shirt to...I don't know...the mall (the most public place I can think of), I'm basically showing my outright support for that said artist. Does that make me a bad person because I'm shoving it down everyone's throat?

And if you want to dive even deeper into this strange negative fixation you have over believing in something...I've never met Donald Glover before...but if I *believe* he's genuine with every underlying message he has in his music...is that wrong? Does it even matter?

So again, I ask...what's the difference between me doing the above and with Tebow doing whatever he does on camera?
08:03 AM on 02/17/12
mms13
User Info.
Alrighty then...we'll just assume that every time Tebow bows down and prays...deep down he's really saying "Hey, all your beliefs, your entire outlook on life, and your reason for existing are all wrong"

And I don't think my analogy was far off...if I wore my Childish Gambino shirt to...I don't know...the mall (the most public place I can think of), I'm basically showing my outright support for that said artist. Does that make me a bad person because I'm shoving it down everyone's throat?

And if you want to dive even deeper into this strange negative fixation you have over believing in something...I've never met Donald Glover before...but if I *believe* he's genuine with every underlying message he has in his music...is that wrong? Does it even matter?

So again, I ask...what's the difference between me doing the above and with Tebow doing whatever he does on camera?
Because faith and religion carries so much more weight in life than fucking Childish Gambino. How don't you get this? No one gives a fuck about what kind of music you like, but people will be affected when their beliefs are put into question. Hence why we're having this stupid argument in the first place.
08:59 AM on 02/17/12
jprime
User Info.
Because faith and religion carries so much more weight in life than fucking Childish Gambino. How don't you get this? No one gives a fuck about what kind of music you like, but people will be affected when their beliefs are put into question. Hence why we're having this stupid argument in the first place.

Who cares if a belief is big or small...you're calling someone you've never even met a d*ckhead because he's showing that he believes in something...where's the logic in that?

If you can provide ACTUAL proof (ie. a quote of some sort) that Tim Tebow's actual intentions are to put everyone's beliefs into question...then I'll give you full credit and award you with a win for this "argument".

Until then, I'll give Tebow the benefit of the doubt and believe that he's just a simple dude who happens to love God as much as he does whether he's in the spotlight or not.
09:09 AM on 02/17/12
adumb
User Info.

Honestly, it doesn't seem like Tebow's beliefs should really be cause for such alarm. If you do not subscribe to his philosophy, then that is fine. My beliefs do not align with his and that is fine. At the end of the day, I don't believe that he is persuading anyone to do anything that they could not be persuaded to do otherwise.

I believe in God. However, I am not even remotely offended by atheists. They have their reasons for believing as they do. I would gladly listen to any argument against the existence of God as long as it wasn't intended to provoke anger and presented in a calm, well thought out manner.
11:04 AM on 02/17/12
HelpImAlive92
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I guess I'll just get this out of the way -
Yes, someone who does well at something, then points up to a magic wizard in the sky and credits all of his successes to said wizard, is a total dickhead in my opinion. If Tebow kept his mouth shut, I wouldn't mind him at all. He wins games during clutch times and that's really awesome - but when he gets on the podium after the game it makes me want to punch the TV. Be the Denver Broncos quarterback, not a holy disciple of God. Sorry if you don't feel that way.
So is it you just feel he's shoving God in your face? Because that's understandable
11:23 AM on 02/17/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
No LINcubus?
DilLINger Escape Plan?
bLINk-182?
LINdia Arie?
LINkin park?
third eye bLINd?
the ghost LINside?
LINterpol?
01:26 PM on 02/17/12
SunnyInPhilly
#HartnellDown
User Info.

Nobody is forcing you to watch him. By now, when you choose to watch him, you know what you're getting. It's like listening to christian music and complaining that all they talk about is God. If you don't like it, don't listen.
03:52 PM on 02/17/12
MyFriendsOver
Your pictures are already burned.
User Info.
Gotta love anybody who takes Kobe for a ride
10:56 PM on 02/18/12
good_tennis!
User Info.
Hello Mr. Asian Tebow of the NBA. You're officially just as over rated and talked about too much just as your counterpart.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests