AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Info. News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

August Burns Red Working on Christmas Album

Posted by - 10:41 AM on 02/17/12
August Burns Red's next release will be a Christmas album.
From the InterviewWe’re currently writing a Christmas record which we’re recording in March. That’s something we’re all very excited for. We’ve released 5 Christmas songs so far and we’re looking forward to this one. I’m not sure when the release is. I’m not even sure it will be this year. But the tentative plan is to finally get these songs down and put a bunch of eclectic metal-ish Christmas songs together on one CD. I presume covers, which we’ve already done some of and maybe some original stuff as well. But the covers are obviously the bigger hits. People know the melodies. Christmas songs are some of the most recognizable, distinguished melodies of all time, so it’s kind of a no-brainer there.

Submitted by timorous_me

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 37
10:47 AM on 02/17/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Excellent. I don't think I have all of their annual covers, so it would be nice to have them all in one place. It would be cool to hear some covers with vocals as well.
10:57 AM on 02/17/12
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Oh come on......
11:09 AM on 02/17/12
mbarney82
User Info.
fuck yea. love every xmas song they put out
11:16 AM on 02/17/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Very cool
11:25 AM on 02/17/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Huh?! I hope this won't be released until Christmas time. I don't know how they could get themselves into the Christmas mood off season.
11:43 AM on 02/17/12
sammyboy516
User Info.
Huh?! I hope this won't be released until Christmas time. I don't know how they could get themselves into the Christmas mood off season.
Why would they release it before Christmastime? All he said was they;re recording in March.
11:45 AM on 02/17/12
ObjectsinMirror
Qualified Personnel
User Info.
Excited for this. They could release a Christmas album in July, and I'd be jammin' to that.
12:04 PM on 02/17/12
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
So we have to wait until two albums from now to get some actual new material? That fucking sucks.
12:11 PM on 02/17/12
justbradley
User Info.
I almost thought that they were releasing it in March... But nope, they're recording it then. This should be pretty cool. I've always loved ABR's annual Christmas songs, so like a guy said above, it would be nice to have them all in one place.
12:12 PM on 02/17/12
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
Fucking Stupid
12:22 PM on 02/17/12
Spartan789013
I have unpopular opinions
User Info.
Color me interested. I don't really approve of christmas songs and metal songs combining, but the musicianship of this band is undeniable and could pull off something genuine. Then again, it has the potential to be bad, as all christmas song releases do. I'll give it a listen when it drops.
12:25 PM on 02/17/12
bcblink
User Info.
Dumb. Can't stand Christmas covers.
12:26 PM on 02/17/12
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
glad i'm not much of a fan of this band. i'd be pretty disappointed to hear that they were taking studio time to do christmas songs and not work on a serious album.
12:31 PM on 02/17/12
Roton7
so i herd u liek roton7??
User Info.
I think this is the only band that can pull this off. I'm stoked, and for the naysayers: If you don't enjoy their Carol of The Bells or God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman covers, you clearly don't appreciate great musicianship.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos