Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

You'll Always Be My Konstantine

Posted by: Lueda Alia (02/19/12)
People always seem to gravitate towards sad music, perhaps because it feels more heartfelt, or simply because misery loves company. In the famous word of Gotye, "You can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness." But while we can all agree that music which pulls at our heart strings can have a big impact, it is impossible to forget about all the love songs that we could all relate to at certain points of our lives; songs that described our feelings and relationships so perfectly that they would inevitably become "our songs." I remember being fourteen years old and being beyond obsessed with "Konstantine" by Something Corporate. I used to sit in class, daydreaming about Andrew showing up and sweeping me off my feet (which, unfortunately, never happened despite me becoming staff on AP.net....); that song described the kind of "magical" relationship I wanted -- how I wanted someone to feel towards me. Then, The Good Life's Album of the Year came out, and the title track described my feelings at the time perfectly. While the relationship ended, I have fond memories associated with the song and how we would always laugh until it didn't hurt , so it will always be a love song to me. As will "I'll Find A Way" by Rachael Yamagata, which is the ultimate long-distance relationship song. It's nearly impossible for me to listen to it and not feel like I'm back in the same time and place; the song just felt like something I could have written. And how could I forget "Forever Young" by Youth Group? I used to spend countless hours listening to it when I fell in love. But before I go even further and talk about songs that are special to me, I want to know what you, AP.net readers, consider your songs? What songs take you back to those special moments? And what are your songs now? We all have that one person who got into our heads with all the pretty things they did and spun around us like a dream...

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 197
01:46 PM on 02/19/12
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Go on... don't be afraid to get a little mushy.

As always, it'd be nice to list songs with a brief description/explanation, rather than posting a bunch of youtube videos!
01:48 PM on 02/19/12
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Some recent songs would be, "For You" by Angus and Julia Stone. The way that Julia sings, "If you love me, I'll make you a star in my universe..." always gets to me.

Another song by Julia Stone would be "My Baby." It's such a pretty love song.
01:49 PM on 02/19/12
Flags of Dawn
King Shit With That Crown of Flies
User Info.
first. (kinda)
01:53 PM on 02/19/12
quiksilver21k
User Info.
Awesome post. There are countless amounts of songs that had my heart in tangles while going through those extra-sensitive years. Probably the song that always had me wishing of the "perfect date" (if there is such a thing) was Dashboard Confessionals - Hands Down. I put myself through believing that every moment in that song was going to happen to me with the punk-rock princess of my dreams. I've had some pretty amazing dates that compare for sure - but just not literally to the song.

But Cary Brothers - Blue Eyes was always my go-to love song. I always felt like falling in love would have to be with someone who had blue eyes, or it just wasn't meant to be. That song signified everything that I wanted to feel with a lady. I still put it on and fall in love with my fiance (even though she has beautiful brown eyes).

One last song that had a significant impact on love - even though it's not a sappy song - was Copeland's - Choose the One Who Loves You More. I was at this sort of crossroads in my life in college where this REALLY attractive girl and I had this fling. It wasn't really going anywhere but was extremely exciting all the time. Then I met this other girl at a Halloween party, and thought she was the bees-knees. I had to make a choice and choose which one I wanted to be with. Thanks to Copeland - I chose the one who would love me : ) Thanks Aaron.
01:54 PM on 02/19/12
A Pilgrim
Destroy what you create.
User Info.
Taking Back Sunday's whole catalogue.
01:54 PM on 02/19/12
SincerelyMe
Long live the car crash hearts
User Info.
01:55 PM on 02/19/12
fenderstrat383
Kenneth Doolittle
User Info.
"Alive With The Glory of Love" -- Say Anything.
01:55 PM on 02/19/12
fenderstrat383
Kenneth Doolittle
User Info.
Taking Back Sunday's whole catalogue.
^^ Yeah, this too.
01:56 PM on 02/19/12
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
I can't say i've ever properly been "in love". Too young for that shiiit.
01:58 PM on 02/19/12
josepablo32
Somos libres carajo!
User Info.
Okay, I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't
01:59 PM on 02/19/12
wall e
the wizard of loneliness
User Info.
Great post, Lueda.

I will agree on Hands Down, Dashboard is great at mushy songs.
01:59 PM on 02/19/12
TheRocketKid
Jose the Rocket Kid
User Info.
"Living In Your Letters" by Dashboard is always gonna remind me of high school and "THE" ex girlfriend. Great memories, bad choices, but always a hurricane of emotions surge my body whenever that song shuffles in my iPod. As for my current song "Missing" by City and Colour always tears me apart. Such a fantastic song by a wonderful artist. It's definitely a spiritual feeling that overwhelms me whenever I listen to songs that have influenced me in tremendous ways.
02:00 PM on 02/19/12
Flags of Dawn
King Shit With That Crown of Flies
User Info.
Summer Skin by Death Cab fit my situation at the time almost perfectly. There was a girl I really thought I liked for the duration of summer. We hung out a lot and had a lot of fun together, but when she went back to school an hour and a half away, I ended up realizing we weren't right for each other at all. There wasn't any sort of bitter departure or anything, but contact faded away as if we both knew nothing was going to advance.
02:01 PM on 02/19/12
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.
Per
fume
Gen
Ius
Per
fume
Gen
Ius