Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 197
02:21 PM on 02/19/12
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
"When The Sun Sleeps" by Underoath. Holy hell does that song gives me chills... one day when I was really depressed (probably about a girl) I listened to that song non-stop. The level of emotion contained in that one song is insane.

"The romance has been dead for years, but I've been too afraid to dig the grave... maybe love will find us again, for there is always tomorrow."
02:23 PM on 02/19/12
ryanaldo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Say the Word - Classic Crime
I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth - Fall Out Boy
Playing Favourites - Starting Line
Letter to You - Finch
Only One - Yellowcard
History - Funeral for a Friend

& many many more
02:27 PM on 02/19/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
Death Cab For Cutie - "A Movie Script Ending"
I don't know if it really is, but this is my default answer for my "all time favorite song". Death Cab was the first "real band" I ever loved, and it was thanks to this song.

Paramore - "Pressure"
Paramore was the first band I ever went to see live, way back in 2006 when they were opening for The Rocket Summer. I'm super protective of them in a way. Sometimes I forget that this is the same band that has since done "Decode" and "Monster", but then when I go back to AWKIF I basically turn into a nostalgic, emotional mess

Elliott Smith - "Needle in the Hay" (We'll have to share, Eda)
I don't even know. This song just fucks with me. Every time.

Girls - "Lust for Life"
It's scary how much I relate to this song. Like, nearly every line.

Rilo Kiley - "A Better Son/Daughter"
"Sometimes in the morning, I am petrified and can't move - awake, but cannot open my eyes"
"You'll be better and you'll be smarter and more grown up and a better daughter or son and a real good friend"
"You'll be happy"
This song always helps when I'm having a bad day (or week, as is usually my case)
02:27 PM on 02/19/12
williek311
User Info.
Lauryn Hill - Tell Him
02:28 PM on 02/19/12
SincerelyMe
Long live the car crash hearts
User Info.
The line "I'm counting back on all my mistakes from the back of a cop car where you told me you loved me..." in I Was Scared And I'm Sorry hits really hard, because the first place my ex said "I love you" to me was in the back of a cop car. Just weird to think back on that.

Hold Me Down also hits really hard, for obvious reasons.
02:30 PM on 02/19/12
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwaY-wqeKGQ

Cant not think of her when I listen to this. It kills me. Ruined an amazing song for me.
XLT917
We're never dead unless we give up.
User Info.
My love life is fairly depressing. As it's pretty much all been a case of unrequited love, #foreveralone. Also I feel my whole Ipod could probably be tailored to this, but this is what comes to my head.

How I feel when I meet her: "Nightmare" by Eleventyseven.

The things I want to say/wish she'd believe: "Whenever You Need" by Jamestown Story and "Reflections" by This Love.

How it usually goes: "I Guess You Can Say Things Are Getting Pretty Serious" by Forever The Sickest Kids.

How I feel afterwards: "If You Believe Me" by Relient K.

What I'm patiently waiting for/wish would happen: "Prove You Wrong" by He Is We.
ryanaldo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
most of the songs i posted above were from a mixtape a girl gave me years ago.
02:32 PM on 02/19/12
Neo Cassady
Let's go exploring!
User Info.
High school: I had gotten myself into a relationship during which I pushed a lot of my friends away in favor of my girlfriend. After a pretty nasty breakup, and found myself spending lots of nights alone in my room listening to the typical depressing stuff. The one album that for some reason stands out in my mind is The Juliana Theory's Love, specifically "As It Stands" (strangely, this is the only video I could find) and the lines "there's a private hell for anyone who lives to only love themselves / everyone has slipped away". That album (and later Emery's The Weak's End) may have saved my life.

More recently: I met my wife while working at the dining hall in college. We were both in rocky, on-and-off relationships with other people at the time, but we both had an immediate attraction to one another. For two years we talked at work, becoming close friends, but we were never single at the same time and I had sort of resigned myself to thinking nothing would ever come of it. I was cleaning up one night after a closing shift, and "Look After You" by The Fray came on the radio. I remember being hit really hard by the lines "so few come and don't go / will you, won't you be the one I always know?", and they made me realize the full extent of my feelings toward her. A few months later, our respective relationships ended and we finally got together.
02:37 PM on 02/19/12
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZfWTB3iTeQ

More like Banalog Rebellion. DOHOHOHO.

I choke up every time I hear this song reminds me of ninth grade and my first "love" way too much.
02:38 PM on 02/19/12
Flags of Dawn
King Shit With That Crown of Flies
User Info.
Glad to see reading is alive and well on Absolutepunk.
02:40 PM on 02/19/12
Broden Terry
I'm glad I built myself an igloo
User Info.
Before I start, I fully endorse the "For You" (Angus and Julia Stone) and "My Baby" (Julia Stone) selections.

"The Places We Call Home" by Lanterns On The Lake. Without exaggeration, this is one of the most gorgeous tracks that I've heard in recent memory. My girlfriend doesn't really appreciate music like this because she considers it too slow, but the melody is wondrous and as soon as that chorus hits, it immediately takes me back to falling in love with my girl in the autumn of 2008.

"This Will Change Us" by Union Sound Set. It's a really slow moving track, but I just can't help but get swept up within the lyrics. One of them is, "We walked roads to start this, in the small hope we'd make it / and I held what we could be, 'Cause I was what you gave me". Plus it doesn't hurt that the chorus is stunning.

Another one by Lanterns on the Lake, this time it's "I Love You, Sleepyhead". It's another one of those soft, delicate tracks that I gravitate towards. It just deals with needing that one person to come save you, and when strings, violins, pianos all weave their way into the mix, it's all just really touching. Definitely one of my favourites.

Last one otherwise I'll end up writing a novel, "Radiate" by Ellington. I had bought their EP titled More Like a Movie, Less Like Real Life and I cannot underestimate the importance that those six songs have on my relationship even to this day. We often joke that some couples only have 'their song' when we're so fortunate to have 'our EP'. Listening to those songs, especially "Radiate", brings back only the best of memories.
02:43 PM on 02/19/12
COREhorizon
Get Free
User Info.
Really, really weird song choice but 'NASA' by Dance Gavin Dance will always remind me of a girl who was almost the one. It was one of the only songs on my iPod that she knew, and she was the complete opposite of someone who I thought would like DGD.
02:45 PM on 02/19/12
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
Before I start, I fully endorse the "For You" (Angus and Julia Stone) and "My Baby" (Julia Stone) selections.

"The Places We Call Home" by Lanterns On The Lake. Without exaggeration, this is one of the most gorgeous tracks that I've heard in recent memory. My girlfriend doesn't really appreciate music like this because she considers it too slow, but the melody is wondrous and as soon as that chorus hits, it immediately takes me back to falling in love with my girl in the autumn of 2008.

"This Will Change Us" by Union Sound Set. It's a really slow moving track, but I just can't help but get swept up within the lyrics. One of them is, "We walked roads to start this, in the small hope we'd make it / and I held what we could be, 'Cause I was what you gave me". Plus it doesn't hurt that the chorus is stunning.

Another one by Lanterns on the Lake, this time it's "I Love You, Sleepyhead". It's another one of those soft, delicate tracks that I gravitate towards. It just deals with needing that one person to come save you, and when strings, violins, pianos all weave their way into the mix, it's all just really touching. Definitely one of my favourites.

Last one otherwise I'll end up writing a novel, "Radiate" by Ellington. I had bought their EP titled More Like a Movie, Less Like Real Life and I cannot underestimate the importance that those six songs have on my relationship even to this day. We often joke that some couples only have 'their song' when we're so fortunate to have 'our EP'. Listening to those songs, especially "Radiate", brings back only the best of memories.
You should write a novel.
02:46 PM on 02/19/12
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT