Username
Password

Comments: Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 135
05:33 AM on 02/22/12
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
Yeah they did man, I'm content with losing- Some Will Seek, and DTGL are spectacular. Underoath, like the Used, are done.

I don't think so. Have you seen them live with the new drummer? They were the best I'd ever seen them last year. Although I agree, DTGL is my favorite record of theirs
06:54 AM on 02/22/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Because people are still not over The Format. The new fun. album is boring as hell with a real lack of creativity compared to their debut, but its hard to hate on nate.
I'd say the new fun. album shows more creativity than A&I and its far from boring. A&I wasn't too far removed from where The Format left off, the new one moves in a new direction.
06:56 AM on 02/22/12
Guypineapple
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Absolutely disgusting =/
07:34 AM on 02/22/12
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't think so. Have you seen them live with the new drummer? They were the best I'd ever seen them last year. Although I agree, DTGL is my favorite record of theirs

The only time I saw Underoath live was when they toured with Armor For Sleep and Taking Back Sunday. Screaming bands aren't my fav to see live but the dual vocals contrast amazingly on record. I'll miss that about Underoath. But just because they're still good live doesn't mean they didn't miss a beat, the album without Aaron really needed him. oh, and established bands are usually amazing live, I'm hardly ever disappointed. Even blink can put on an amazing show with diva singing Tom haha.
07:38 AM on 02/22/12
nofx555
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dunno what you're all talking about... I'm obsessed with this track! The Used have done it again :)
08:39 AM on 02/22/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
The chorus was actually decent. Can't believe its even the same band that released the fantastic self titled album. Faaar to much stuff going off in the song.
09:26 AM on 02/22/12
matthewisobel
User Info.
Because people are still not over The Format. The new fun. album is boring as hell with a real lack of creativity compared to their debut, but its hard to hate on nate.
When I said it didn't keep much of their old style it wasn't a complete disaster. Carry On and Some Nights are good songs. I don't know how they did it, went from near perfect/perfect to repulsive. There shouldn't even be one song I don't really like but "It Gets Better" is just not enjoyable to listen too. I commend them for their ability to pull off different styles well though. Although I miss the format I don't want them to come back. Some things should end at some point.
10:19 AM on 02/22/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
I absolutely love their first two albums. Liars just doesn't have the staying power and Artwork was solid but dull. I actually really liked this, i just feel there are too many effects on it, let the chorus be raw and let Bert really go for it on the vocals. I feel like he is held back from screaming alot.

Catchy to be honest, i even like the verse minus the gay as fuck effects on the bass.
11:12 AM on 02/22/12
honestykills
User Info.
why are you all so suprised? Band has been terrible for years.
Haha this.
12:29 PM on 02/22/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I absolutely love their first two albums. Liars just doesn't have the staying power and Artwork was solid but dull. I actually really liked this, i just feel there are too many effects on it, let the chorus be raw and let Bert really go for it on the vocals. I feel like he is held back from screaming alot.

Catchy to be honest, i even like the verse minus the gay as fuck effects on the bass.
He is held back, by his vocal cords.
07:02 PM on 02/22/12
ghsNICK!
To remember, and to let go.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wtf...Artwork was better compared to this shit and LFTL.

I want ROCK music from this band...not this weird poppy/techno/grunge shit.
05:43 AM on 02/23/12
JohnQ85
I've Got A Secret.
User Info.
Ok so at 1st, i tried to listen to this and i just couldnt even get through the first 30 seconds..But when i hit preview on Itunes, it was a piece of the song further in and it actually wasnt so bad. Just hoping it gets better,because i loved "I Come Alive".
05:46 PM on 02/23/12
LessThan3
Oppar Oppar
User Info.
Oh wow, my hope for this band went straight out the window..
02:37 PM on 02/24/12
MrDelux
User Info.
Sounds like a song from Pink
09:32 AM on 02/26/12
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
I know there are a lot of bands where their first "breakout" album is considered their best, like the discussion thread Jason wrote last week. But I don't know if there's any band where it's more applicable in terms of pure drop-off than The Used.

This song's an okay song, but it's not even close to self-titled.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos