At the back 13 10.08%
No preference 3 2.33%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

10:45 PM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
AussieBoy
Bondi Beach, Sydney
Male
Ditto. From 15-20 I was killing it in the pit.
Now I chill back and have a beer, and I like to go out to a pub/club after and don't want man sweat all over me

Also to reiterate my quote

Depends on the show

Some recent egs:

Parkway/prom queen/amity. Those kinda metalcore, hardcore shows i'm def going up for beers on balcony. I'm too old and pretty to have my face kicked in by 15 yr old karate dance experts

Pop punk like NFG/millencolin I'll fringe mosh, get a little dance on. Prob with a tinnie of beer. Just dance enough to not spill it every where

Rock like muse/30s to mars/my chem romance
I'll get in there and have a jump. Not too much sweatiness
My main sweat issue for wanting to go out usually isn't mine is the kids who a dripping who just lean on you. Feral humans.

Dance gigs like pendulum/Calvin Harris I'm on the look out for pretty young things who want to have a boogie!

Got dashboard/enter shikari/AvA/slipknot/limp bizkit/unwritten law/Relient k/ADTR/system of a down all coming up with a festival and sideshows this wk. so I'm be using each one appropriately
08:00 AM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
E=MCHAMMER
bottled
Male - 21 Years Old
i hate when i'm in the front and i can't go anywhere. for example, i went to see senses fail with some friends and there was this short 'scene' i guess you would have called it girl standing next to me reppin' a bunch of hello kitty shit. she smelled like straight bubble gum, i couldn't take it anymore - place was so packed i couldn't even get out.

This made my day
08:07 AM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
PerfectChaos337
It's all about up front for me. I generally only go see bands I really, really enjoy, so that's usually the best place to be. I don't really dig crowd surfing or moshing, so i just hang up front and bang my head to the max.
08:07 AM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
It's all about the pit for me unless it's a mellow show. Then I'll stand as close to the front as possible.
08:23 AM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
JinxRemoving
New Hampshire
Female - 28 Years Old
At the bar.
01:55 PM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
karadotcollett
altmusiclife.tumblr.com
Atlanta, GA
Female - 22 Years Old
Front cause i'm really freaking short.
05:18 PM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
DilesMavis
hxc before marc mccoy was emo semen
Female - 24 Years Old
i like the front because i'm 5'1-2. i'm also claustrophobic though so i like being on the side, i generally come early just to secure this spot.
11:14 PM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
Kyleeee
Twang
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm 6'4 and depending on how much I love the band is where I usually stand.

Last show I went to was the ETID/Terror tour and I just sat back and watched... until ETID came on. Then I couldn't keep myself still, had to pit it up. Doesn't happen very often.
11:49 PM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
trevorshmevor
Tempe, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
When I was a lot younger, it was all about being either in the pit or just as close as possible. That stopped around the age of 18, pretty much have only stood near the back since then. Funny enough, it wasn't even a conscious decision to do. So when I was 20, I decided that I'd go to New Found Glory's 10 year anniversary for their self titled record, and that would be my last hurrah for moshing/getting rowdy in the pit and up front. I'm just all about a good view now!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos