Username
Password

02:25 PM on 02/04/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
I'm a 2nd semester freshmen at a university. Undecided. No idea what to do with my life. Hate school.
So what i'm planning to do after this semester is drop out of this school and either go to community college or take a semester off.
I just feel like i'm wasting money taking classes and doing the whole college thing with no point.
Anyone else in/been a similar situation and how did you go about it?

You are wasting your money if you don't pick a direction by the end of the year. Drop out, maybe look into trade schools, or just do what you want. I was in a similar situation, I stayed in school, switched majors 3 times, and ended up in a field that plummeted with the economy. I wish I would have looked more into trade school options before I put myself in a ton of debt.
10:40 PM on 02/04/12 
User Info.
StayFaithful
Pray for a reason to breathe.
New Jersey
Male - 21 Years Old
Thanks for the answers guys. In case some were wondering, I go to Liberty University in Virginia.
After talking it over with some close friends and my parents, after this semester i'm going to attend community college back in new jersey. I don't want to be forced into a career I don't want and without a doubt a goal of mine is to have a career dealing with something I enjoy. Community college does seem like the best option at this point and staying at this school hasn't even crossed my mind. I already have most of my gen ed classes covered after this year at school, so I have no clue what kind of classes I should be taking at community. Any ideas? Thanks for the kind and thoughtful words.
09:01 AM on 02/05/12 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for the answers guys. In case some were wondering, I go to Liberty University in Virginia.
After talking it over with some close friends and my parents, after this semester i'm going to attend community college back in new jersey. I don't want to be forced into a career I don't want and without a doubt a goal of mine is to have a career dealing with something I enjoy. Community college does seem like the best option at this point and staying at this school hasn't even crossed my mind. I already have most of my gen ed classes covered after this year at school, so I have no clue what kind of classes I should be taking at community. Any ideas? Thanks for the kind and thoughtful words.
I met four kids that graduated from a community college near me. They rented a warehouse for about 1,500 a month which housed roller skates. I don't know how this worked, but they rented the skates out to schools. In 6 months they were looking for a new bigger and better warehouse.Their business took off and they were just chilling watching movies on their flat screens in their office.

With the right business plan you can be your own boss. That's something the school system doesn't teach you but many people do really well in their own business. Personally my parents have their own business which allowed me to never work in my life (besides showing up and sitting there to manage).

That's just an option. Goodluck in whatever you choose.
12:44 PM on 02/05/12 
User Info.
StayFaithful
New Jersey
Male - 21 Years Old
I met four kids that graduated from a community college near me. They rented a warehouse for about 1,500 a month which housed roller skates. I don't know how this worked, but they rented the skates out to schools. In 6 months they were looking for a new bigger and better warehouse.Their business took off and they were just chilling watching movies on their flat screens in their office.

With the right business plan you can be your own boss. That's something the school system doesn't teach you but many people do really well in their own business. Personally my parents have their own business which allowed me to never work in my life (besides showing up and sitting there to manage).

That's just an option. Goodluck in whatever you choose.

Yeah my dad didn't graduate college, he just took a few business classes and then he started his own business and it blew up and he makes tremendous money now. It works for some and doesn't work fo others. I love the though of starting a new business with a few other people, it just takes risk. But the reward if it pulls through is fantastic. I really would enjoy trying to start up something of my own.
09:54 PM on 02/05/12 
User Info.
KellyGleason
Long Island
Female - 25 Years Old
Oddly enough, my cousin went to that Uni, transferred home to a different school, got he Bachelor's, and just finished up at Liberty Law. Weird. Community college all the way - I had no clue what I wanted to do, but I figured it out fairly quickly when I went to CC, graduated with an Associate's and moved on. Save yourself the unnecessary stress and debt and take your time. Best of luck!
10:05 PM on 02/05/12 
User Info.
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
Midland, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
I'm a 2nd semester freshmen at a university. Undecided. No idea what to do with my life. Hate school.
So what i'm planning to do after this semester is drop out of this school and either go to community college or take a semester off.
I just feel like i'm wasting money taking classes and doing the whole college thing with no point.
Anyone else in/been a similar situation and how did you go about it?

It's exactly what I'm doing now. I went to a university my first semester and felt I was overpaying for bullshit general education classes. I'm now living at home and going to community college to get some of those classes out of the without paying a shit ton. I'll be going to a university in the fall and we'll see from there. I'd say definitely go to community college. Don't take a year off. That's just a bad idea.
05:52 AM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
StayFaithful
New Jersey
Male - 21 Years Old
It's exactly what I'm doing now. I went to a university my first semester and felt I was overpaying for bullshit general education classes. I'm now living at home and going to community college to get some of those classes out of the without paying a shit ton. I'll be going to a university in the fall and we'll see from there. I'd say definitely go to community college. Don't take a year off. That's just a bad idea.

Yeah if I was going to take a semester off, I would go back in the spring, hopefully with some kind of direction or major. Community college seems to really help students figure out where they want to go. I'm most likely going to community and hopefully have the same success as most of you had that attended a community college.
12:27 AM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
kitson
15541 S Western...
Male - 26 Years Old
You will like it later.It is a pity if you drop out.
08:35 AM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
reachforthesun
'take me to where the kids drink'
detroit, mi
Male
go greek
05:40 PM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
Hillsborough, NJ
Male
The bolded shouldn't be a reason if you're only a freshman. Few people who think they know what they want to do freshman year have that same plan by senior year.

Also, out of curiosity, which NJ school?

Kyle, I might know you. I go to TCNJ, I'm a freshman but you look familiar for some reason. I see you went to JP Stevens, do you know Dave Laub?
07:18 PM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
kyle is hk
The Goddamn Loveliest Melody
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Kyle, I might know you. I go to TCNJ, I'm a freshman but you look familiar for some reason. I see you went to JP Stevens, do you know Dave Laub?

Hahah we've deff tried to figure this out before. I don't know Dave laub tho. What's your name ?(you can pm me of you want to be private)
08:41 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
dearmsterri
Philadelphia
Male - 24 Years Old
Sweet avy Kyle.
01:10 AM on 02/28/12 
User Info.
rising_tied
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
ILLINOIS
Male
fuck school for real. im in college and hopeless and the other night when I was in rage mode i had like a fucking novel typed here but knew i no one was gonna read it..just fuck school. fuck it
12:41 PM on 02/28/12 
User Info.
MyFriendsOver
Your pictures are already burned.
Milwaukee, WI
Male
It's totally OK to be undecided and unsure of where you're headed. I was that way for the first three semesters, and I still graduated in four years. Just make sure you take gen-eds and don't get too specific with any courses. Take a well-rounded schedule. And no shame in the community college! It's cheaper and you usually get more one-on-one attention from the professors :) Best of luck to you!
07:48 AM on 03/15/12 
User Info.
AlexDemoted
Male - 26 Years Old
Yeah, it sucks at first but kicks ass when your done and making all this dough.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos