Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News - Page 13
Displaying posts 180 - 195 of 509.
12:19 AM on 02/29/12
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
One of the few guys around who knows what he's doing and is actually passionate about it, and dicks just have to talk him down. Shit.
12:24 AM on 02/29/12
Jonathan Bautts
User Info.
We live in the age of constant negativity and it's tough seeing one of my personal heroes get dragged down by it. Fall Out Boy and Patrick have had a profound influence on my life like few bands I've known, and I wish our generation would just grow up sometimes. I pray he never stops making music.
12:25 AM on 02/29/12
Naenia
Ay payita mia, guardate la poesia
User Info.
I'm surprised about his comments regarding FAD. I know it didn't do as well as IOH commercially, but I was under the impression it was received well critically. I'm shocked by him saying they were virtually booed off stage by some people.

I would like to think at least one person would read Patrick's blog here and make the decision to stop posting negative comments on the things they don't like, especially when it's trash like "oh, I loved The Used's first demo but now I hate them because they turned their back on me and recorded an album with red artwork ... Also, Bert's ugly" (or something, whatever).

Deep down though I know that's human nature and that'll probablly never change. I just wish people would actually think of the people on the other side of their ... ahem, "hate."

And now someone will probably make fun of this post. Alas.
12:26 AM on 02/29/12
clove2873
Southern Air saved my life
User Info.
Patrick. I know this is belated, but we love you back. Seriously.
12:27 AM on 02/29/12
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
no, of course not. but i do speak frankly to my friends and in forums, where the whole point is to voice your opinion. i don't think what i said was unnecessary. that album is an embarrassment [IMO]. i have lost a lot of respect for him. it's great and wonderful that he does what he wants (although i think that's kind of expected and not a particularly admirable virtue, unlike others here), but the music that he "wants" to make is throwaway pop garbage. i don't know if i actually have any respect for him anymore if he truly thinks that the music he's making as a solo artist is praiseworthy and not throwaway pop garbage. i'm sure the nickelback guys think their songs are wonderful, but that doesn't mean that anyone here has any extra respect for them or holds back on their negativity, and i honestly would put soul punk in the same realm as nickelback.

Because he's making music you don't like you've lost respect for him? FOB was pop too so I don't know what you're going on about. Pop music isn't automatically throwaway and you're acting like an elitist. It isn't throwaway to him and as long as he's staying true to himself and what he loves then I don't see why you need to lose respect. Hate his solo stuff all you want, but it obviously means something to him and your sense of entitlement is kind of ridiculous.
12:38 AM on 02/29/12
Mikey18244
Mikecheck
User Info.
As much as people hate you, they hate Pete even more, I love u guys doe and support whatever makes yal happy.
12:39 AM on 02/29/12
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
I know. I had just found this out. Does anyone else know about this? Can we name the discovery after me?
01:01 AM on 02/29/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
Because he's making music you don't like you've lost respect for him? FOB was pop too so I don't know what you're going on about. Pop music isn't automatically throwaway and you're acting like an elitist. It isn't throwaway to him and as long as he's staying true to himself and what he loves then I don't see why you need to lose respect. Hate his solo stuff all you want, but it obviously means something to him and your sense of entitlement is kind of ridiculous.
i didn't say pop music was automatically throwaway; i said his was. you got mad respect for nickelback then, dawg?

also, what if i said my city was the best?
01:06 AM on 02/29/12
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
Bummer, but he's gotta get his confidence back and utilize his talents again.
01:07 AM on 02/29/12
Wergeth
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
im sorry but he's not the first artist to go through the 'haters' thing. get over it already.

he is too talented to not be making music
01:11 AM on 02/29/12
The_Blackout94
Chances are, I'm injured
User Info.
The man wrote 'Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes' and '(Coffee's For Closers).' That's a fucking free pass for life.

Boom. This.

It honestly depresses me that people would do this. He is one of the most talented musicians out there. He can't quit music. I don't know what to say. Folie was a great record, still listen to it now. Saying Folie is a bad record compared to TTTYG or FUTCT is like saying Enema Of The State is a bad record compared to Blinks self titled. They are both amazing records. Would we still be sat here wanting a Fall Out Bot reunion as much if they still wrote the same pop punk songs as in 2004? I doubt it. They progressed. For te better.

Also, I didn't know Folie was panned? I thought it got relatively decent reviews and sales? I didn't know that they were almost booed off stage for singing new songs. That's news to me, absolutely shitty news.
01:22 AM on 02/29/12
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
i didn't say pop music was automatically throwaway; i said his was. you got mad respect for nickelback then, dawg?

I dunno. I don't love his solo stuff either but I don't lose respect for an artist when they release something I don't personally care for. That's just idiotic.
01:37 AM on 02/29/12
DeathOrGlory
I'm not fucked, not quite
User Info.

Quoting Lupe Fiasco's verse really gives your opinion on Patrick Stump as a musician some credibility.
01:47 AM on 02/29/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
The keyboard warriors always striking so easy without remorse and oftentimes without recourse for their actions. Just because of the negative things a person is written online, doesn't make it any less hurtful than hearing them on the radio, in person, or on cam. I love when people say I'm just being blunt and expressing my opinion, yeah you're entitled to your own thoughts and opinions but there's this little thing called tact I'd advice using before bashing other people.
02:17 AM on 02/29/12
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
User Info.
It would really suck to see Patrick leave the music scene. Very sad day.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums