Password
Fall Out Boy News - Page 19
Displaying posts 270 - 285 of 509.
07:32 AM on 02/29/12
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wait, i'm supposed to feel sympathy for him? really? i love patrick, but this is just insulting, especially when he has the ability, contacts, etc, etc, to do whatever the fuck he wants in the industry. your last album wasn't well received? make a new one! you're tired of fucking fob fans saying you suck? get better security. honestly. oh, i know! HE SHOULD TRY OUT FOR THE VOICE! lol.
07:34 AM on 02/29/12
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
This really got to me, especially as someone who has been following his career since the beginning and has loved everything he's been apart of. Soul Punk proved just how talented he is. He played every instrument and produced that record, and did you HEAR those vocals?! He has one of the best voices in popular music right now, just such an extreme talent. This post was heartbreaking that some terribly fickle people could make him feel this bad, I really hope that all the positive encouragement from people on this site and others does not go unnoticed to Patrick. There are so many of us out here that love all of FOB and his solo work, and are anxiously awaiting what he does next, whatever and whenever that may be.
07:35 AM on 02/29/12
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
holy shit that was pathetic.

LOL @ not wanting to be that emo guy while writing a long internet blog about his "woe is me" self pity and his feelings. Doesn't get more emo guy than that
So I guess expressing your feelings is a crime? That is the crux of what is wrong with the music world and society in general. BTW nobody made you read the blog post, and you also completely missed the point of it. Congrats.
07:35 AM on 02/29/12
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
Should I write a self loathing, life hating, first world problems blog about how you just treated me?
07:36 AM on 02/29/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
Seriously depressing read. Love Patrick.
07:36 AM on 02/29/12
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
wait, i'm supposed to feel sympathy for him? really? i love patrick, but this is just insulting, especially when he has the ability, contacts, etc, etc, to do whatever the fuck he wants in the industry. your last album wasn't well received? make a new one! you're tired of fucking fob fans saying you suck? get better security. honestly. oh, i know! HE SHOULD TRY OUT FOR THE VOICE! lol.
Yeah you're a psychic and you totally know his situation. I guess you live in a fantasy world where the music industry isn't extremely fickle and fluctuating.
07:39 AM on 02/29/12
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.

OMG A GIF.

Fucking really. I'm RWG, and this site hates negative, non-popular opinion with a passion but gets a major hard on for silly stuff like this.

I'm not allowed to have a well worded, opinion but you can re-butt with a fucking gif of a children's movie. Amazing how the internet works.
07:40 AM on 02/29/12
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
Yeah you're a psychic and you totally know his situation. I guess you live in a fantasy world where the music industry isn't extremely fickle and fluctuating.
Patrick signed up for this ride, you can't complain about what the public thinks of you when you chose to be in a public critiquing profession.

It doesn't work that way. It's like celebs who don't want their pictures taken, get real people. He is acting like a child. Boo hoo, go make some music and if you don't want to do that let us know so we can stop giving a fuck.
07:42 AM on 02/29/12
kmilongo
Circuitry of the wolf.
User Info.
It really saddens me that an artist with so much talent such as Mr. Stump here feels bad for not being able to please everyone... He is awesome and under no circumstances should he ever feel depressed for doing what he likes.
It is understandable that some people don't like change, but going to shows just to tell you how they hate you now? What a bunch of idiots. Don't like it? Don't listen to it! Geez...
07:43 AM on 02/29/12
mka12992
I called in sick from your funeral
User Info.
... I still think Folie a Deux is their best record by far.

This so much.

That album made me fall in love with FOB all over again. I have to admit (at the time) they sorta lost me with Infinity on High, although I like that album a lot more now. I can't say enough good things about Folie a Deux.
07:43 AM on 02/29/12
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
So I guess expressing your feelings is a crime? That is the crux of what is wrong with the music world and society in general. BTW nobody made you read the blog post, and you also completely missed the point of it. Congrats.
It's not a crime to express your feelings but seriously who says this:

"I have no interest (and evidently that sentiment is reciprocated) in performing music publicly any time soon"

and isn't just throwing a bitch fit and feeling sorry for themselves?

Also who says this:

"I still have access to enough money to live on in order to avoid bankruptcy for at least a few years as long as I stick to my budget"

and isn't just a huge douche. FIRST. WORLD. PROBLEM. BRO.
07:47 AM on 02/29/12
iheartmusic043
KKCO
User Info.
Yes, you can pay people less to do things...not sure if you understand this amazing idea but not everything you do has to be paid to the highest price. Plenty of great producers/engineers and studios have put out better albums then how Soul Punk. Sometimes you get what you pay for and other times you pay to much and don't get what you deserve, novel concept I know but that is the business.

Also, it's my fucking TL;DR and yes it's on the fifth page but who are you to say nobody needs it, it summarized Stumps pity party pretty accurately. This is an open discussion if I recall correctly and i'm so sorry that I was busy when this was posted. I only work 50-60 hours a week and can't sit all day on AP.net as much as i'd enjoy that.

Also, you are missing the biggest point. He is weak and it's sad. If I ever posted something like this about my job/life/career i'd hope all my friends call me a pussy and tell me to grow a pair.

Dear Patrick Stump,

You are immensely talented and you have done great things in your life. You need to swallow your bitter pill and go fuck some shit up. Write an angry record if it helps you but don't just quit because your shit got panned, twice in a row (his words). Fight back, quitters never win and your little response was full of quit.

Do what you love and fuck everybody else, never should you publicly talk about how you feel that you have failed(PR 101). You have first world problems, you need to realize that and move on to your next great attempt at doing what you want. My issue with your post is about wording and attitude...Don't say you are thinking about attending school because your album wasn't do good, say you want to attend school because you want to expand your life in positive ways. I could keep going, but you'll never read this. If you do, buck up and sign as loud and as passionately as you can until you pass out and can find some inspiration in your deliriousness.

Sincerely,

Somebody who doesn't even like FOB but hates seeing you cave in to society's bashing.

You are an ignorant asshat. He knows he's been successful and appreciates it, but people who have low self-esteem and equally low intelligence harass him by telling him that he'll never be more successful he was when he was 18. How would you feel if people kept telling you that you are a has-been and that you'll never top an album that you made many years ago? I understand artists are supposed to have thick skin and be able to take harsh criticism, but they are just like us. They have insecurities and are affected by the negative things people say. You assumed that he should be able to take all the "haters", but once you are flooded with insults repeatedly, it takes a toll on your self-esteem and your psyche. Those are definitely not just "first world problems. Also, he doesn't have "first world problems" just because he mentioned how difficult the music industry is, he is explaining how a career in music is difficult. Life as a artist is tough. If you aren't selling your soul or aren't Lady Gaga, it is pretty difficult to make a living in this business. It is not a "pity party" nor is it an example of a celebrity whining about how hard it is to be famous, it's him talking about legitimate problems in his life. /rant

Anyway, Patrick Stump is so underrated is sickens me. He is not just that guy in "That Emo Band", he is a true artist. He could reunite with Pete, Andy, and Joe, keep churning out "FUCT" over and over again, and make a ton of money. Fans who expect and demand that might be happy or they might not. I guess we'll never know, but honestly I think that it wouldn't turn out as great as people think dince they are all completely different people from the ones who wrote and performed "FUCT". It kills me that he is so down because some FOB fans are so damn selfish that they'd rather a band be fucking miserable and play the same damn songs over and over again than let the members do what they want individually and be happy. Patrick wanted to create music that was in a different direction from FOB and whether you liked Soul Punk or not (I personally loved it), you have to respect him for that. Even if you don't like his music, you have to respect his desire to experiment with music as well as his pipes. Guy has one of the best voices in music period. I'm done hoping for an FOB reunion in the near future. I simply just want these guys to do whatever makes them happy. Isn't that the key to life?
07:55 AM on 02/29/12
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
You are an ignorant asshat. He knows he's been successful and appreciates it, but people who have low self-esteem and equally low intelligence harass him by telling him that he'll never be more successful he was when he was 18. How would you feel if people kept telling you that you are a has-been and that you'll never top an album that you made many years ago? I understand artists are supposed to have thick skin and be able to take harsh criticism, but they are just like us. They have insecurities and are affected by the negative things people say. You assumed that he should be able to take all the "haters", but once you are flooded with insults repeatedly, it takes a toll on your self-esteem and your psyche. Those are definitely not just "first world problems. Also, he doesn't have "first world problems" just because he mentioned how difficult the music industry is, he is explaining how a career in music is difficult. Life as a artist is tough. If you aren't selling your soul or aren't Lady Gaga, it is pretty difficult to make a living in this business. It is not a "pity party" nor is it an example of a celebrity whining about how hard it is to be famous, it's him talking about legitimate problems in his life. /rant

If he can't handle the heat, GTFO out of the kitchen, or at least off the internet. He's allowed to have feelings, that is a given but don't tell me you want to try higher education because you are broken down from unsuccessful albums...learn basic PR people. Spin your negatives into a positive light when you are doing interviews or rants so that you don't come out self loathing.

I'll keep repeating this, but if I ever posted something like this to the internet i'd hope my mom and dad call me out on my bullshit problems.

He has self esteem issues that is 100% visible but he still has a better life then 80% people his age in the US.
07:57 AM on 02/29/12
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
Also, he doesn't have "first world problems" just because he mentioned how difficult the music industry is, he is explaining how a career in music is difficult. Life as a artist is tough.

1. He chose this profession.

2. I said he had first world problems because he felt the need to tell us he could live financially safe with proper budgeting, again something most people struggle with in today's economic struggle. Even though he spent MOST of his nest egg funding a record and a tour (how many people his age even fucking have nest eggs)

3. Life as an artist is tough, but nobody likes a negative Nancy bitching about how unliked they are.
08:00 AM on 02/29/12
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have always respected him even though I never really listened to Fall Out Boy that much (not my cup of tea)...I hope he continues performing & gets out of the feelings that he has...
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests