AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News - Page 31
Displaying posts 450 - 465 of 509.
06:22 PM on 02/29/12
GreenGentleman
User Info.
The bad reputation or "tainted" name of Fall Out Boy has always been something that really disheartens me. Saying you liked Fall Out Boy was cause to be made fun of in middle school. In high school it was even worse. I was called "gay", "emo", and many other things simply because I liked the band and was supportive of them. Even in college, I still get laughed or scoffed at when I tell people Fall Out Boy is my favorite band. People who probably couldn't name a single one of their albums or more songs than "Dance, Dance" and "SWGD". All this because of the bad image brought on by Pete wearing "guyliner" and "emo" becoming a fad. Their disdain for the band goes back to the days in middle or high school when they learned it was lame to like Fall Out Boy and so they've disregarded them ever since. I'll never understand it. I'm sure I do the same thing with other people's favorite artists, but it's still disheartening to see that someone I've idolized and respected for so long is being torn down and nearly quitting music because of the opinions and comments of those same people. And worse yet, the negative reaction of Fall Out Boy fans.

Patrick is a great artist, I hope he continues making music in whatever form. I also sincerely hope that someday Pete, Joe, and Andy will be ready to come back and I will finally be able to see my favorite band live. Until then, or even if it never happens, I will continue to support all of them. Those albums will never lose their meaning to me.
06:36 PM on 02/29/12
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
I still love you, Patrick. Folie a Deux is Fall Out Boy's best album, and I thoroughly enjoyed Soul Punk. Don't let them win. Keep going.
09:42 PM on 02/29/12
Lovely?
User Info.
poor guy. I'm going to buy soul punk, BUY. I really hope he finds peace through this trouble. And maybe if his troubles attest to anything, it's that he'll get over like he had gotten through his initial troubles of losing weight and such
09:57 PM on 02/29/12
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Dear Patrick:

Move to the woods, grow a beard. Play music to yourself because you love playing it. Remember why you love it.
10:35 PM on 02/29/12
essie
User Info.
Patrick is a musical genius. I no longer listen to pop punk, but FOB is a band I'll always stand by.
11:27 PM on 02/29/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
no, i live in the real world where my mom has cancer. compared to that, i'd sure as fuck like to be on patrick's end... making music, touring the world, posting pity blogs. such a hard life, especially the part where he says he can live comfortably for x amount of years without having to get a real job. not to mention the royalty checks he'll get till he dies from fob. yea, i. feel. so. much. for. him.
Ever heard the phrase "money can't buy happiness"? Did you read the part in the blog where he admitted he's not going to tour anymore because of how depressed people make him? He's being force to give up something he's done all his life because people can't just not be assholes?
12:32 AM on 03/01/12
imaustin55
mikori
User Info.
Patrick is such an ambitious artist its obviously not funny... anymore... don't hate the artists because you simply don't like their music. thats not a good enough reason as stubborn as it might be to understand. if you are in a band trying to get big, and you are talking shit on patrick, you still should respect the fact he made something of himself. hes making money. he obviously did something right. don't be bitter for his success. If you are in a band but never wanna go "mainstream" or "big" and youre talking shit on Patrick... You don't have any right to dis him... GEE SORRY HES MAKING MONEY FOR WHAT HE LOVES WHILE YOU ARE JUST SOME INDIE LITTLE BITCH WHO CANT ACCEPT FAME. MOST LIKELY YOU ARE LIVING IN SOME SHITTY APARTMENT OR STILL WITH YOUR PARENTS... anywho... I loved TTTYG and FUCT. I like half of Infinity and Folie had some really amazing gems on it. I still completely respected him as an artist though from the start of his career to still today. He is in my mind, one with other amazing artists who disproved the world; saying they were has beens...

Can't wait to see everyone bitch about this reply... go at it
06:02 AM on 03/01/12
JulieLynn
Let's Be Alone Together
User Info.
Screw the haters. Patrick is his own person now instead of following in Pete's shadow. yeah we all liked the old Patrick, but what's most important is that Patrick loves who he is now and he's happy. I'm not the biggest fan of his solo work, but I respect Patrick as a person and artist.
08:50 AM on 03/01/12
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
no, i live in the real world where my mom has cancer. compared to that, i'd sure as fuck like to be on patrick's end... making music, touring the world, posting pity blogs. such a hard life, especially the part where he says he can live comfortably for x amount of years without having to get a real job. not to mention the royalty checks he'll get till he dies from fob. yea, i. feel. so. much. for. him.
he focus wasn't on his financial difficulty, it was on people's perceptions of him, genius.
08:51 AM on 03/01/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
haircuts is what did it and MTV
image has nothing to do with sound
08:52 AM on 03/01/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
It's not a crime to express your feelings but seriously who says this:

"I have no interest (and evidently that sentiment is reciprocated) in performing music publicly any time soon"

and isn't just throwing a bitch fit and feeling sorry for themselves?

Also who says this:

"I still have access to enough money to live on in order to avoid bankruptcy for at least a few years as long as I stick to my budget"

and isn't just a huge douche. FIRST. WORLD. PROBLEM. BRO.
yeah but hes obviously feeling uncertain about the future beyond that. and you say first world problems as if you're not also in the first world
08:53 AM on 03/01/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
Should I write a self loathing, life hating, first world problems blog about how you just treated me?
wow find something else to say besides "first world problems"
08:57 AM on 03/01/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Patrick is such an ambitious artist its obviously not funny... anymore... don't hate the artists because you simply don't like their music. thats not a good enough reason as stubborn as it might be to understand. if you are in a band trying to get big, and you are talking shit on patrick, you still should respect the fact he made something of himself. hes making money. he obviously did something right. don't be bitter for his success. If you are in a band but never wanna go "mainstream" or "big" and youre talking shit on Patrick... You don't have any right to dis him... GEE SORRY HES MAKING MONEY FOR WHAT HE LOVES WHILE YOU ARE JUST SOME INDIE LITTLE BITCH WHO CANT ACCEPT FAME. MOST LIKELY YOU ARE LIVING IN SOME SHITTY APARTMENT OR STILL WITH YOUR PARENTS... anywho... I loved TTTYG and FUCT. I like half of Infinity and Folie had some really amazing gems on it. I still completely respected him as an artist though from the start of his career to still today. He is in my mind, one with other amazing artists who disproved the world; saying they were has beens...

Can't wait to see everyone bitch about this reply... go at it

LOL
08:58 AM on 03/01/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Dollabill on a fanboi crusade y'all
09:04 AM on 03/01/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
It's so terrible that people will go out of their way to say bad things about Patrick... BUT FUCK YOU IF YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT POINTTHAN WHAT I HAVE.

And for the record, I really do feel bad for the guy and I'm glad he posted about it. But the way some people in this thread are approaching it is so ridiculous haha.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums