Username
Password

06:39 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
When I fly solo, I fly so high
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 26 Years Old
Commence general discussion regarding fantasy baseball for the 2012 season within.
07:10 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Genuma
Plainfield, IL
Male
can't wait. probably doing a mock draft this weekend.
07:24 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 26 Years Old
can't wait. probably doing a mock draft this weekend.

I love doing mocks, except for the fact that invariably there is that one douche that spends $90 on Nyjer Morgan and ruins the draft
07:29 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Genuma
Plainfield, IL
Male
I love doing mocks, except for the fact that invariably there is that one douche that spends $90 on Nyjer Morgan and ruins the draft
haha yeah I hate stuff like that. it's nice when you actually get a lobby of people taking it seriously, though.
07:58 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm sure we could get a couple mocks going there with people to ensure a few serious ones.

So, someone help me please choose keepers....look at this and tell me what option is best lol. Standard 5X5, 10 team league. IF spot, 4 OF spots, and a UTIL spot. 9 pitcher slots, but you can go 9 starters or 9 closers if you really want to. Just gotta reach a minimum amount of innings. 4 bench spots.
http://oi43.tinypic.com/jr2srk.jpg
basically, if I keep all of the expensive guys, I'm gonna have to let some cheap guys go that I will not be able to get back at that price. At the same time...it worries me putting Agonz, Cano, or Lee back out on the market....

This is a league full of Phillies fans..so yes I overpaid for Hamels last year and have to even moreso to keep him this year...but he's worth it IMHO...h being for homer in this case
08:00 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Also...it looks like Dayan Viciedo is going to start whether Rios is starting or not. Dude has potential
08:01 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm sure we could get a couple mocks going there with people to ensure a few serious ones.

So, someone help me please choose keepers....look at this and tell me what option is best lol. Standard 5X5, 10 team league. IF spot, 4 OF spots, and a UTIL spot. 9 pitcher slots, but you can go 9 starters or 9 closers if you really want to. Just gotta reach a minimum amount of innings. 4 bench spots.
http://oi43.tinypic.com/jr2srk.jpg
basically, if I keep all of the expensive guys, I'm gonna have to let some cheap guys go that I will not be able to get back at that price. At the same time...it worries me putting Agonz, Cano, or Lee back out on the market....

This is a league full of Phillies fans..so yes I overpaid for Hamels last year and have to even moreso to keep him this year...but he's worth it IMHO...h being for homer in this case

I'd keep all of the guys with the greatest disparity between their price last year and average price this year. You can use the excess money to buy back the more expensive guys that you throw back, even if you have to pay a couple bucks more for them.
08:24 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Yeah that's what I was thinking. That way I end up with 14-15 of the guys i want, which leaves me with 10 slots to fill with the remaining money...instead of having 13 slots to fill and less moeny to do it with. Just wanted to hear someone else say it haha

I think I'll keep Cano and let Agonz and Lee go back to market, simply because of how deep I am at pitcher/how deep 1B generally is.
08:50 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
White Noise
Norfolk, VA
Male - 24 Years Old
Who to keep: Pedroia or Hanley?

Other keepers are Longoria and Fielder.
03:18 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
subscribing
05:39 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 26 Years Old

Pedroia. I can't trust Hanley
08:20 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
Cameronisonfire
I want my toast with butter and jam
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old

HAHA. 3 of my keepers are Longoria, Fielder and Pedroia. I would say go Pedroia. After a few games Hanley will become 3rd base eligible and you already have good corners. How knows how the position change will affect him mentally. Plus with Pedrioia you get consistency and less of an injury threat.
08:33 PM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Yeah, gotta go with Pedroia there. Hanley might have a great year again but you already got 3rd base covered and god knows what Hanley will actually do.

So...if you could trade $30 Cliff Lee for $19 Shin Soo, and you're already decently deep at pitcher...would you do it?
10:24 AM on 03/08/12 
User Info.
rcrook
Damage Control
joined a league that's been going for about 10 years now and i inherited a former players keepers. who should i keep?

Ryan C
1. I Kinsler
2. A Beltre
3. I Suzuki
4. J Rollins
5. C Young
8. C Marmol
9. Al Ramirez
11. M Wieters
12. D Price**
13. N Feliz**
15. A Chapman
10:30 AM on 03/08/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 26 Years Old
joined a league that's been going for about 10 years now and i inherited a former players keepers. who should i keep?

Ryan C
1. I Kinsler
2. A Beltre
3. I Suzuki
4. J Rollins
5. C Young
8. C Marmol
9. Al Ramirez
11. M Wieters
12. D Price**
13. N Feliz**
15. A Chapman

How many can you keep/what are the penalties for keeping/what format is the league?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos