Username
Password
All Time Low News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 66.
08:04 PM on 03/08/12
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
I hope the producer is Matt Squire. He did wonders on SWIR.
08:46 PM on 03/08/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Well one, thank you for suggesting Avron. I want them to let him produce for them so bad. And unfortunately I think youre right since hes busy and Alex really likes working with Green. But idk maybe Alex will finish writing with Green and then when Yellowcard is done take the songs to Neal to see what he thinks, then make some changes and record. Alex even said a couple weeks ago that they haven't picked a producer yet. But if they dont pick Neal and go with Green Ill be happy too
It would be really hard for them to pick a bad producer. In that same reddit thread with Rian, I pointed out that the band doesn't pick bad producers to work on their records, they just pick so damn many of them that the styles clash. They sure do know how to pick producers. Now if they can just stick with out, they'll be all set!
09:00 PM on 03/08/12
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.
I'm sincerely hoping it doesn't sound like SWIR only because that would make Underclashero happy. So fingers crossed that it sounds like Nothing Personal. I wasn't too offended by that album.

I hope they never work with Matt Squire again.
Lol. @ everything you say. and besides they already said its going to sound like SWIR
09:38 PM on 03/08/12
70x7brandnew
User Info.
Rian's (the drummer) tweet:

190BPM playing in 'triple time' (aka punk beat) is absolutely killing my hands. Bring it on @AlexAllTimeLow and Mike Green!!

Color me intrigued.
09:48 PM on 03/08/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
It would be really hard for them to pick a bad producer. In that same reddit thread with Rian, I pointed out that the band doesn't pick bad producers to work on their records, they just pick so damn many of them that the styles clash. They sure do know how to pick producers. Now if they can just stick with out, they'll be all set!
Very true. And with everything Alex has said about the direction of the album, one producer, "back to being all time low with drums two guitars and bass", etc... Im already 100% sure itll be a great record. I just think with Neal's work with New Found Glory, Yellowcard, Fall Out Boy (Sticks And Stones, Ocean Avenue, From Under The Cork Tree) and all the songs he's helped write with those bands I think Alex and him would be a great combo and have a good chance to get them to the next level.

Im being extremely idealistic and am relying on this band to bring rock/pop punk back to radio and mainstream relevancy haha
10:20 PM on 03/08/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Very true. And with everything Alex has said about the direction of the album, one producer, "back to being all time low with drums two guitars and bass", etc... Im already 100% sure itll be a great record. I just think with Neal's work with New Found Glory, Yellowcard, Fall Out Boy (Sticks And Stones, Ocean Avenue, From Under The Cork Tree) and all the songs he's helped write with those bands I think Alex and him would be a great combo and have a good chance to get them to the next level.

Im being extremely idealistic and am relying on this band to bring rock/pop punk back to radio and mainstream relevancy haha
Yeah, that would be a great team and no doubt they could make a great record. Neal Avron fucking makes gold...literally. But even still, I think this band has the creativity and talent to make a good record again. I'm not even on the "they should make PUOSU PT. 2" shit. I'd much rather have a record full of songs that sound like Guts, Weightless, Sick Little Games, Heroes, Do You Want Me, Painting Flowers, Actors type tracks.

As far as bringing pop punk/rock back to the the mainstream. It's going to take a lot more than just one band to do so. I think the only bands that are active that can bring the genre back to light is All Time Low, Yellowcard, and Blink-182. It's still going to take a hell of a lot more than those three bands and I'm not even worried about either one of them being played on radio because I'd hate to have to associate All Time Low or Yellowcard or Blink with shit like LMFAO or other radio shit.
11:10 PM on 03/08/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Lol. @ everything you say. and besides they already said its going to sound like SWIR
It will be disappointing if they just remake SWIR to appeal to old fans. I love their pop punk side and enjoyed songs from all albums even if I felt Dirty Work was weakest. I wanna see them outdo themselves and craft a record that can spark classic status or at least be polarizing in a good way. I want an album that looks like it was worked hard on.
11:24 PM on 03/08/12
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.
It will be disappointing if they just remake SWIR to appeal to old fans. I love their pop punk side and enjoyed songs from all albums even if I felt Dirty Work was weakest. I wanna see them outdo themselves and craft a record that can spark classic status or at least be polarizing in a good way. I want an album that looks like it was worked hard on.
It would appeal to the old ones too. It one of their more popular albums. and im sure it wont be too much like SWIR, since they said that about Dirty work. It will prob be like half/half as usual
01:32 AM on 03/09/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
It would appeal to the old ones too. It one of their more popular albums. and im sure it wont be too much like SWIR, since they said that about Dirty work. It will prob be like half/half as usual
I just wanna see them write something spectacular again. I would argue that both when SWIR and Nothing Personal came out they were great records for the genre they were representing. Catchy, filled with hooks, strong vocals, and lyrics still had passion. I wanna a record like that. I would not care if they did records in the vein of Dirty Work as long as they created that kind of record. They may be a pop punk/ pop band but they have the ability to make great records in these respected genres if they put their mind to it and stop making the album that people want. They need to go for the album that feels right. I guess what I mean is if they do an album they feel is their best work and put the effort into it they could make their best album yet with all the experience they have had.
02:16 AM on 03/09/12
Liciakasher
This is where the fish lives
User Info.
Maybe we can all just pretend Dirty Work never happened and move on?
02:19 AM on 03/09/12
JDubs66
Redesign Me, Redefine Me.
User Info.
High hopes for this one. I feel like it's gonna be something incredible, that will not only earn back the respect they had before, but wil pushl them into 'that place' where they should (and could) be by now.
I even liked Dirty Work for what it was. I feel a good part of that negative reception could have been avoided if "I Feel Like Dancin'" didn't exist. It's a decent pop rock album. But it's not ATL.

These guys are incredibly talented and deserving of everything they have earned so far. DW was just a bad move. Next one's sure to blow away everyone's balls.
This. Well said! I think the same thing..I have very high hopes and honestly think this album is going to blow people away and be their best release to date. Really looking forward to hearing some 'studio updates' and what not here in the coming weeks
05:18 AM on 03/09/12
SubhiMarciano
User Info.
Not getting my hopes up until I hear something. I use to love All Time Low. I'd like to again.
AGREED
09:22 PM on 03/14/12
JDubs66
Redesign Me, Redefine Me.
User Info.
Update: Rian Dawson tweeted today that he is heading back to LA in 1 week to begin working on the new record. The actual recording process for this album must be starting then!
07:44 AM on 03/15/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Update: Rian Dawson tweeted today that he is heading back to LA in 1 week to begin working on the new record. The actual recording process for this album must be starting then!
Damn really didn't think it'd be this soon. It could be possibly demos or just writing the drum parts for the songs though so let's not get too excited. But since I still dont think they have anything planned for the next few months they probably are just going to stay in L.A. till the records done. In which case Mike Green is definitely the producer and I'm definitely pleased even if its not Avron.

Mike did amazing work on Heroes, Under A Paper Moon, Do You Want Me, and Guts. I think he'll do no wrong with whatever direction they are going, plus if Alex really hit it off with him in December when they wrote the first 9-10 songs and gave those songs a lot of hype in the interviews we've seen, it's only a good sign they've decided to finish writing with him.
08:09 AM on 03/15/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Yeah, that would be a great team and no doubt they could make a great record. Neal Avron fucking makes gold...literally. But even still, I think this band has the creativity and talent to make a good record again. I'm not even on the "they should make PUOSU PT. 2" shit. I'd much rather have a record full of songs that sound like Guts, Weightless, Sick Little Games, Heroes, Do You Want Me, Painting Flowers, Actors type tracks.

As far as bringing pop punk/rock back to the the mainstream. It's going to take a lot more than just one band to do so. I think the only bands that are active that can bring the genre back to light is All Time Low, Yellowcard, and Blink-182. It's still going to take a hell of a lot more than those three bands and I'm not even worried about either one of them being played on radio because I'd hate to have to associate All Time Low or Yellowcard or Blink with shit like LMFAO or other radio shit.
Just saw that I didn't respond so I will now haha Yea I see what you mean. But that's kind of the point. For years now mainstream music has become progressively more esoteric, to the point where its almost all Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, etc...dance pop artists. I know I've said this a couple times, but I remember looking at the top 40 a couple months ago and only one song (Pumped Up Kicks) used real, acoustic drums throughout the whole song. That's ridiculous.

I think that once more fun pop punk/pop rock songs are made again (cause I dont there are many nowadays), then eventually they can be brought back to radio, in which case people would begin to listening to them again, causing more demand for those kind of bands and alternative music to radio. I think "Beekeepers Daughter" is a great pop rock song like that and perfect for radio. I think that All Time Low, with being on Interscope, have a good chance to put a rock song on radio. Ive said this before but I just think they need that driving "anthem"-type song that everybody will know 20 years from now like Ocean Avenue or Sugar We're Going Down, The Anthem by Good Charlotte and All The Small Things. Thats why I wanted Alex to write with Neal, because he helped write two of those songs and huge albums for those bands.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums