Username
Password

10:51 AM on 03/09/12 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Evangelism isn't exclusive to non-believers.

The general understanding of the word implies that it's directed towards non-believers, or at least them plus backslidden believers.

This is just semantics, though. My point is that they position themselves and act as if those outside of the Church are their target, so all praise and critiques should be done with that in mind. If they're a highly effective ministry for energizing believers, that's awesome, but it begs the question: Why, then, are they on Warped Tour, etc.?
01:26 PM on 03/09/12 
User Info.
Kyleeee
Twang
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm sure people who are Christians get something out of their music, I even said that. It's obvious they intend to evangelize to non-believers though. Not that I don't agree with evangelism... but I really think they generate more hate then decency because of how they evangelize.
03:37 PM on 03/09/12 
User Info.
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
Sheffield, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
Hayley Williams guest vocals on the new mewithoutYou album... interesting!
04:28 PM on 03/09/12 
User Info.
Troggy
Basking in Wrongness
No Avatar Selected

Hmmmm. Is she still popular?
04:36 PM on 03/09/12 
User Info.
bballpro408
No Avatar Selected
Male - 25 Years Old

Interested to hear that one. Is there an existing mwY song that you could hear her voice on?
06:13 PM on 03/09/12 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Apparently new O.C. Supertones track on Noisetrade, from a new album in the works. Sick. Wish I was home to hear it. Between this and FIF, looks like Christian ska's not dead.
11:16 PM on 03/09/12 
User Info.
Libertykid9
No Avatar Selected
Wilmington DE
Male - 24 Years Old
hey im new here, that is, ive been lurking for awhile and just starting to post. the classic crime funded their new album on kickstarter in like 2 days. crazy. (but not as ridiculous as FIF meeting their goal on theirs in like 6 hours)

never really got super into ska though. good to see its making a resurgence though.
11:25 PM on 03/09/12 
User Info.
Kyleeee
Twang
Male - 22 Years Old
When has Haley Williams not been popular? :P
11:47 PM on 03/09/12 
User Info.
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
Sheffield, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
Apparently new O.C. Supertones track on Noisetrade, from a new album in the works. Sick. Wish I was home to hear it. Between this and FIF, looks like Christian ska's not dead.
They're doing a Kickstarter as well...
06:28 AM on 03/10/12 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
PA
Male - 25 Years Old

I feel like, between Showbread, Falling Up, Five Iron Frenzy, Project 86, Starflyer 59, and The Classic Crime (and those are just bands associated with Christian music off the top of my head), people are gonna get Kickstartered out. I hope this one works like the rest have. The new song is awesome.
09:42 AM on 03/10/12 
User Info.
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
Sheffield, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
I feel like, between Showbread, Falling Up, Five Iron Frenzy, Project 86, Starflyer 59, and The Classic Crime (and those are just bands associated with Christian music off the top of my head), people are gonna get Kickstartered out. I hope this one works like the rest have. The new song is awesome.
If it gets the music to the fans in the an efficient manner, I have no problems donating. As long as the amount you need to donate for the album (MP3 or physical depending on how much I like the band!) is a reasonable amount, I will be happy to contribute. I'd never give a massive amount for the upper rewards, but I'm happy essentially preordering the album to help a band record it.
11:35 AM on 03/10/12 
User Info.
Troggy
Basking in Wrongness
No Avatar Selected

Do I want a Pool Party or do I want to go to Disneyland?? haha this prize list is entertaining
01:54 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
jdr2187
Nashville, TN
Male - 27 Years Old
We sang a song in church this morning and I cant find it anywhere online. The only lyric I can remember specifically is "This is not a song, this is a revival". Anybody help me out and tell me what this song is called???
07:30 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
We sang a song in church this morning and I cant find it anywhere online. The only lyric I can remember specifically is "This is not a song, this is a revival". Anybody help me out and tell me what this song is called???

It's from David Crowder*Band's new/final double album that dropped two months ago. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should. It's overwhelmingly long but dang good, and my current AOTY.
05:11 AM on 03/12/12 
User Info.
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
Sheffield, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
Have you guys seen the controversy that cropped up with The Classic Crime Kickstarter? They were fully funded in 24 hours but then some people started saying they were abusing fans and pocketing the money and now some guys have pledged $10k but are going to cancel it just before the deadline... it all is a bit weird but you can read Matt's response. Feel a bit sorry for them really.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos