AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Rise Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Stream New Hands Like Houses Album

Posted by - 05:37 PM on 03/11/12
You can stream the new Hands Like Houses album in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 63
05:38 PM on 03/11/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
05:48 PM on 03/11/12
ChristianLFTW
That's not a nawyf. THAT'S a nawyf.
User Info.
I've listened to this album for a whole day in its entirety and so far, it's pretty sick. It's the potential Woe, Is Me had mixed with Emarosa post-This Is Your Way Out. The vocal melodies are really catchy and Trenton is a hell of a lyricist/singer. My only real complaints are the amount of chugging, the Chango sound, and the transitions feel really random. They'd be fantastic if they weren't so Rise-esque but I'm glad they got signed to Rise so they'd get more publicity.

I've been waiting on this for a year and a half (they promised an EP, it turned into an album and it took forever to come out) since I was shown Lion Skin (Acoustic) by a fellow AP.net member and it does not disappoint. It was worth the wait.
05:52 PM on 03/11/12
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
I actually don't hate this, at all.
06:05 PM on 03/11/12
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
This is actually pretty good, nothing original here, but they do this sound good. My only complaint for now is that some songs sound too similar to each other.
06:12 PM on 03/11/12
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
I was shown Lion Skin (Acoustic) by a fellow AP.net member and it does not disappoint. It was worth the wait.

That's me.

You pretty much summed up my thoughts on the album. I like to think HLH is what Emarosa with Jonny Craig could have become if Jonny could write good lyrics and harmonies. Hopefully these guys will stick around for a few more records. They have a lot of potential.
06:19 PM on 03/11/12
walk aimlessly
made of fabric strings and elastic.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I waited forever for this! Album is amazing. Favorite song so far after about 10 plays straight through is "A Clown and His Pipe". I didn't like "Spineless Crow" at first but it grew on me a lot. The only beef I have with this album is that a couple songs have that cutting/slicing/chopping the guitars and vocals to make it sound all glitchy. Every band/producer in the genre is doing it now, so I won't blame Mr. Mizell, I just sorta roll my eyes when I hear it though. Otherwise near perfect album. It really lived up to my expectations.
06:20 PM on 03/11/12
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
Liking this. I'll have to stream the whole album and check them out.
06:27 PM on 03/11/12
samgasm
Young And Aspiring
User Info.
A Clown And His Pipe and One Hundred are standouts for me...great stuff!
06:28 PM on 03/11/12
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
Stoked to play this record through, I have very high expectations, and what I've heard so far has been great. I Just hope the production doesn't drag it down.
06:31 PM on 03/11/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
I love this CD. Absolutely love it. Lived up to my (high) expectations. I just really dislike that Chango produced it... Here's hoping that their next full length has a different producer.
06:31 PM on 03/11/12
canvasofwinter
User Info.
I really enjoyed this album. It reminds me a lot of Between the Heart and the Synapse-era TREOS. The songs sound waaaaaay to similar for their own good, though.
06:50 PM on 03/11/12
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
Too many similar songs. I really wanted to love this. Good songs are Lion Skin onwards. The Chango sound sort of ruins them, and the strings and bells sound really weird and at times random. But I will still give this yet another chance of a spin.
06:53 PM on 03/11/12
ChristianLFTW
That's not a nawyf. THAT'S a nawyf.
User Info.
That's me.

You pretty much summed up my thoughts on the album. I like to think HLH is what Emarosa with Jonny Craig could have become if Jonny could write good lyrics and harmonies. Hopefully these guys will stick around for a few more records. They have a lot of potential.
Word homie.

After listening some more, I'm noticing the same vocal riff done over and over, especially on "Antarctica". And too much group singing/chanting.
06:55 PM on 03/11/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
Word homie.

After listening some more, I'm noticing the same vocal riff done over and over, especially on "Antartica". And too much group singing/chanting.

I love group singing and chanting :x

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version