Password

05:33 PM on 03/29/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
Right, but Brand New sell tickets at a higher cost and still sell out. Meaning the market for Brand New tickets are larger. Thats the thing, the prices are set with knowledge of how much they can charge and still sell out. So for Justin to claim $45 for a Brand New show is ridiculous when the show SELLS out, it makes no sense. Clearly its not too high, or people wouldn't buy them. Its just simple economics.

On a sidenote, I don't listen to Thrice much at all (outside Beggars when it came out) cause they're not my thing, but when I saw them open for Brand New they did a really top notch job. Everything just sounded so perfect and precise.

true, true. i do think 45 is a little steep for brand new still but i'd still pay that much to see them.

yeah, thrice used to be one of my favorite bands and i'd still put them somewhat close to the top but ive kinda stopped listening to them as often as i used to, but they're to this day one of the best live shows i've ever seen. i saw them before i knew who they were and thats what got me into them. very few bands have won me over solely based on their live show.
05:34 PM on 03/29/12 
User Info.
kyle is hk
The Goddamn Loveliest Melody
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Imagine if Brand New did a farewell tour? Scalped tickets would be running 4 figures.
05:35 PM on 03/29/12 
User Info.
keepmeback
listen & forgive
Imagine if Brand New did a farewell tour? Scalped tickets would be running 4 figures.
Shhh, we don't talk about things like that!
05:37 PM on 03/29/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member

1k for brand new farewell tour ticket, free Deja Entendu vinyl with purchase
05:38 PM on 03/29/12 
User Info.
kyle is hk
The Goddamn Loveliest Melody
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Shhh, we don't talk about things like that!

Don't worry, if Brand New ever decided to call it quits they wouldn't tell anyone and just dissapear
05:43 PM on 03/29/12 
User Info.
keepmeback
listen & forgive
Don't worry, if Brand New ever decided to call it quits they wouldn't tell anyone and just dissapear
Haha, that's probably true. No one would even notice for like three years since they take so damn long to do anything. They'd be found up in the mountains a decade later, surviving off roots and berries and chanting NMH songs around a fire.
04:12 AM on 03/30/12 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
45 dollars is equivalent to 28 British Pounds. On the last UK tour I went to see them three times and paid about that price each time. Foo Fighters tickets last summer cost me about 60 pounds. Which is 96 Dollars.

Stop moaning.
05:17 AM on 03/30/12 
User Info.
xxemo_kittyxx
meow.
Brisbane, Australia
Female - 23 Years Old
45 dollars is equivalent to 28 British Pounds. On the last UK tour I went to see them three times and paid about that price each time. Foo Fighters tickets last summer cost me about 60 pounds. Which is 96 Dollars.

Stop moaning.
England is uncomparably expensive. Move to a cheaper country.
05:46 AM on 03/30/12 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
England is uncomparably expensive. Move to a cheaper country.

I would if I didn't love England.
08:35 PM on 03/30/12 
User Info.
stupidtyonparad
next week's weather.
buffalo, ny
Male - 25 Years Old
You know why you saw Alkaline Trio and Against me for that cheap? Because they draw a fraction of the crowd brand new does. (Also, it wasnt a "giant" radio single.) Brand New may not have had a hit single in a while but their shows clearly draw massive amounts of people due to their passionate fan base and almost cult like status.

The tickets are at that price due to market forces. If brand new couldn't sell tickets at that price then they wouldn't be sold at that price. Simple as that. It doesn't matter what your opinion or my opinion is- its supply and demand. You're simply wrong.

Brand New almost sold out Nassau Colluseum. Alkaline and Against Me can't do that. To compare those bands is laughable.

When I saw The National they were 50 dollars with fees. The National may move more albums these days, but if you asked the avergae concert-going young person which band they've heard of, far more would say Brand New due to their past success.

Right, but Brand New sell tickets at a higher cost and still sell out. Meaning the market for Brand New tickets are larger. Thats the thing, the prices are set with knowledge of how much they can charge and still sell out. So for Justin to claim $45 for a Brand New show is ridiculous when the show SELLS out, it makes no sense. Clearly its not too high, or people wouldn't buy them. Its just simple economics.

On a sidenote, I don't listen to Thrice much at all (outside Beggars when it came out) cause they're not my thing, but when I saw them open for Brand New they did a really top notch job. Everything just sounded so perfect and precise.

you say basically the same thing in both posts, so i'll address them together. yes, against me! couldn't sell out nassau colosseum, but that's not the point at all. i understand your supply and demand logic, it makes perfect sense. but what i do not like, and that's why i brought up against me!, is that they are that high. yes, they can do it, but does that make it right? no. how much money do you fucking need? if they need to make a killing every show, then maybe they should put out a fucking album or tour more. the band sets that price, not the venue. the venue says "hey this is how much it costs to put on the show and what we need to make our profit, you can raise it as high as you want after that." and that's why you can go see against me! for dirt cheap, because they want it cheap for their fans and want their fans to be able to go. same with the foo fighters, they could have their prices be a fortune, but they don't need that kind of money. it's ridiculous.
10:34 AM on 03/31/12 
User Info.
BillAftermath
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
you say basically the same thing in both posts, so i'll address them together. yes, against me! couldn't sell out nassau colosseum, but that's not the point at all. i understand your supply and demand logic, it makes perfect sense. but what i do not like, and that's why i brought up against me!, is that they are that high. yes, they can do it, but does that make it right? no. how much money do you fucking need? if they need to make a killing every show, then maybe they should put out a fucking album or tour more. the band sets that price, not the venue. the venue says "hey this is how much it costs to put on the show and what we need to make our profit, you can raise it as high as you want after that." and that's why you can go see against me! for dirt cheap, because they want it cheap for their fans and want their fans to be able to go. same with the foo fighters, they could have their prices be a fortune, but they don't need that kind of money. it's ridiculous.

Where did you hear that? There are all kinds of contracts that depend on the venues. An artist can have a demand of a set price and if the venue charges $1 or $100 they still have to pay the artist a set fee. As I said, each artist/venue is different, but it isn't as black and white as you are saying.
10:39 AM on 03/31/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
something tells me its not the members of brand new setting these prices. probably their tour manager
10:43 AM on 03/31/12 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
Philadelphia, PA
Male
why shouldn't they get as much money as they can? they make virtually all of their money from touring and merch sales. it would be stupid to leave money on the table, given the circumstances.
10:44 AM on 03/31/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
yeah its like people who argue against kickstarter. if their fans are willing to throw down that money why shouldnt they charge it? god knows i want as much money as possible
10:45 AM on 03/31/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
$45 isn't that steep to see a band. I think I usually pay like $35 to see TBS, and Brand New doesn't exactly play that often, so an extra $10 isn't that horrible.

$68 was the cheapest I could find a set of tickets to see blink-182 back in their reunion tour, and I'm a much bigger fan of Brand New in all honesty.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos