AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

04:57 PM on 02/27/12 
User Info.
Villanova1L
Pseudo Intellectual
damn, I wanted to go to law school, but my GPA is only in the like 3.3 range and I have 2 NP's (which will count as F's for my admissions GPA). Oh well, time to find another career path.

Had a 2.3 undergrad GPA. You probably can get in somewhere better than I did (Villanova, not the best school by a long shot, but not a joke either), which means you can certainly stay on this "path" if you want.
05:00 PM on 02/27/12 
User Info.
Villanova1L
Pseudo Intellectual
haha Seriously, I couldn't believe some of the stuff I was reading in some of those threads. People telling other people they shouldn't bother trying to be lawyers because of their GPA/LSATand things like that. haha There were questions I wanted to ask but as I started seeing things like that I was thinking "Ok, maybe I won't jump in on this."

There were definitely people that helped me out there, but by and large it was a little off-putting.

:Grunch: - If you aren't going to go to a Top 20 law school, or a school that places a large number of graduates into its closest "big" market, law school is financially a joke. I remember reading TSL and other things and thinking, "Well, even if I go to (School Ranked 30 - 100), and work hard, I'll be fine."

The fact is, I am incredibly lucky to be doing what I'm doing, and without it I think I'd be unemployed and still staring at low payments of $2k+ each month.
05:18 PM on 02/27/12 
User Info.
S/T
There's a lot of buzz around Lenny
:Grunch: - If you aren't going to go to a Top 20 law school, or a school that places a large number of graduates into its closest "big" market, law school is financially a joke. I remember reading TSL and other things and thinking, "Well, even if I go to (School Ranked 30 - 100), and work hard, I'll be fine."

The fact is, I am incredibly lucky to be doing what I'm doing, and without it I think I'd be unemployed and still staring at low payments of $2k+ each month.

What do you do now, if you don't mind me asking?
09:30 AM on 03/05/12 
User Info.
Villanova1L
Pseudo Intellectual
What do you do now, if you don't mind me asking?

Work for a sports agency.
10:09 AM on 04/02/12 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 26 Years Old
Ya'll ready for finals? I'm jut waiting for that impending sense of doom to kick in so I'm motivated to write my papers and study.
11:50 AM on 04/02/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
When I fly solo, I fly so high
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Ya'll ready for finals? I'm jut waiting for that impending sense of doom to kick in so I'm motivated to write my papers and study.

No

I feel much less prepared right now than I did at this point last semester. Planning on putting it into overdrive from here on out, but I still have stupid oral argument to do
04:30 PM on 04/02/12 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 26 Years Old
No

I feel much less prepared right now than I did at this point last semester. Planning on putting it into overdrive from here on out, but I still have stupid oral argument to do
Yeah, I literally have no motivation, and no idea what is going on in the vast majority of my classes.
05:01 PM on 04/02/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Yeah, I literally have no motivation, and no idea what is going on in the vast majority of my classes.

On top of it all, I have absolutely no job/internship prospects for this summer. Just great
12:13 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old

Any advice for picking courses for 2L? Take whatever you want? Bar courses?
05:00 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 26 Years Old
Any advice for picking courses for 2L? Take whatever you want? Bar courses?
I'm not really sure. I'd say maybe a mixture of what you like and a few bar courses (Evidence, Crim Pro, ect).
07:52 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
No more attendance policy at Pitt for the rest of the year.
09:39 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
ArTkY_
oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Houston/San Antonio
Male - 24 Years Old
i have no idea what's happening in Property anymore. from here on out i'm relying entirely on an outline i got from last year
01:38 PM on 04/10/12 
User Info.
simplified64
trying to figure it out
No Avatar Selected
Tucson, Arizona
Male - 24 Years Old
im in the same vote. I've always thought Ive wanted to go... but now ive taken a law class, talked to people, gotten to know life after graduation, in law school... i hate it. its not me, but my family still thinks I should go. they say that im just afraid of putting in the effort. i think i will hate it so much-- all of it. but i dont have an undergrad degree which i can get a job... so i have to go to a grad school... ugh.
08:52 AM on 04/11/12 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 26 Years Old
i have no idea what's happening in Property anymore. from here on out i'm relying entirely on an outline i got from last year

Supplements and cali lessons are your new best friend
07:29 AM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
im in the same vote. I've always thought Ive wanted to go... but now ive taken a law class, talked to people, gotten to know life after graduation, in law school... i hate it. its not me, but my family still thinks I should go. they say that im just afraid of putting in the effort. i think i will hate it so much-- all of it. but i dont have an undergrad degree which i can get a job... so i have to go to a grad school... ugh.

Don't go to law school for that reason. The legal market is terrible right now. If you don't really want to practice law there is no reason at all to get a law degree.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos