AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

09:50 AM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
JoshSalas
Ontario
Male - 23 Years Old
I don't mind staring as long as they don't do the whole lean back/swerve/tilt head/"Damn gurl you lookin foineeee" thing. Basically, just don't make it too obvious and you can stare all you want. Also, I've stared at some really attractive guys before, for a minute or two, as I sit in the library. So I guess I shouldn't really mind if they're staring at me. Also also, some days I wear yoga pants because I feel good/want a certain someone to look. Most of the time it's just for comfort though.

You scandal queen you.
09:56 AM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
_bluestOCT
Are you my trouble?
New Jersey
Female - 21 Years Old
You scandal queen you.
I just can't help it sometimes, it's fun knowing he's looking
10:25 AM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
Milwaukee, WI
Male - 29 Years Old
Aaand I bet you are all the assholes who think it's the girl's fault for getting raped because of the clothing she wears, not because the rapist was an awful human being.

Anyway. Yoga pants are comfy as shit. Sweatpants are comfy as shit. I wear both out in public when I want to be comfy as shit in public. Do I want to look sexy? No, of course not. Do I expect not to get stared at? No. I feel like no matter what sort of clothing you wear, if you are a moderately attractive, young woman, those 40-50 year old truck driver types will stare at you no matter what. It's disgusting, but that's the way it is. It has nothing to do with the clothing you wear.

I was wearing a shirt today with a v-neck collar. Not even that low-cut, it was long sleeves, and I was wearing jeans. I was walking around NYC and noticed more male eyes than I could even count staring straight at my chest as I walked by. I know what I've got, and it's happened to me ever since I hit puberty, but it never stops creeping me out.
Well, you missed the mark on me.. no, it's not the girls fault. That's just blatant ignorance to believe so.
10:40 AM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
Passion Man
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Male - 23 Years Old
that's basically the definition of staring.

so staring, no matter the intent (infatuation vs horny) or person (fellow coworker vs old man), is not wanted from females? But a short glance is ok? I think that's the message I got from this thread.
11:00 AM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
_bluestOCT
Are you my trouble?
New Jersey
Female - 21 Years Old
so staring, no matter the intent (infatuation vs horny) or person (fellow coworker vs old man), is not wanted from females? But a short glance is ok? I think that's the message I got from this thread.
That's a really good question to ask actually. I think lots of people would answer this differently.
11:15 AM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Again And Again
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
Aaand I bet you are all the assholes who think it's the girl's fault for getting raped because of the clothing she wears, not because the rapist was an awful human being.

Not the same thing. Aside from practicality, much apparel is also intended to emphasize certain features of the person wearing it. Fashion designers will tell you clothes are made to attract attention to the wearer as much as the outfit itself. If a girl is wearing yoga pants, she actually is giving reason for guys to look at her ass, but not to physically violate her.
11:31 AM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
ellie117
EAGLES, Phillies, Flyers, tacos.
south jersey
Female - 24 Years Old
Not the same thing. Aside from practicality, much apparel is also intended to emphasize certain features of the person wearing it. Fashion designers will tell you clothes are made to attract attention to the wearer as much as the outfit itself. If a girl is wearing yoga pants, she actually is giving reason for guys to look at her ass, but not to physically violate her.

Again, I really disagree. Like I said, I wear yoga pants because they're comfortable, not so guys will check out my ass. I guess I must be in the minority of yoga-pant-wearing females.
12:51 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
FL
Male - 23 Years Old
01:08 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
Alison1488
____
Female - 26 Years Old
Again, I really disagree. Like I said, I wear yoga pants because they're comfortable, not so guys will check out my ass. I guess I must be in the minority of yoga-pant-wearing females.

I wear them to the gym, because it's the most comfortable pant for me to work out in. Trust me, I'd prefer no one to look at me while at the gym.
01:09 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
ellie117
EAGLES, Phillies, Flyers, tacos.
south jersey
Female - 24 Years Old
I wear them to the gym, because it's the most comfortable pant for me to work out in. Trust me, I'd prefer no one to look at me while at the gym.

Precisely.
01:23 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
AMackChuck
I am...Bakerguy
Maine
Male - 24 Years Old
My roommate is the biggest douchebag offender of this. We go to the mall and he whistles, comments, and just acts so ridiculous when it comes to women.
01:44 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
Guys don't know the meaning of the word "subtle". I find the 40-60 year range to be the creepiest. They're the ones that will stop in their tracks to stare a girl down, and it's unbelievably uncomfortable.

I have to deal with pervy men gawking at me at work, because I deal with a lot of delivery men and truck drivers. It makes me feel like I need a shower afterwards to wash off their staring.

Fucking this, and just as bad are ghetto dudes. Because they are vocal and possibly even more pervy about it. Or at least they're just saying it out loud. It's fucking creepy and makes me so mad.

I haven't come across any ghetto dudes doing it as of late but whenever a creep used to hit on me, I would just yell at them and tell them why they're disgusting. I have no fear.
02:18 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
Windsor, OH
Male
it makes me uncomfortable when i notice girls checking me out

unless she's cute
03:13 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
musicmakesme
@Clare_OShea
London
Female - 20 Years Old

Agreed. And if you only want to wear leggings (I'm guessing these are the same as yoga pants) because they're comfy, why not just wear a long tshirt/vest over them that covers your arse?
03:38 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
_bluestOCT
Are you my trouble?
New Jersey
Female - 21 Years Old
Just because you can't control yourself doesn't mean we should restrict what we wear. Leggings and yoga pants are common and acceptable public attire. So is wearing shirts to the waist that don't cover our asses. It's not like we're talking about walking around publicly in undergarments, which is not common at all, and calls for attention. Leggings and yoga pants on the other hand, do not. Stop being a creep. It is your fault. You are doing the creeping. Fix yoself.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos