Username
Password
The Gaslight Anthem News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Gaslight Anthem
Inside AP.net

The Gaslight Anthem Speak Out Against Scalpers

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/18/12)
The Gaslight Anthem have posted a blog about the ongoing battle against scalpers.
From the BlogSo we’ve been made aware of this current ticket issue about people having too high a limit per person, which scalpers take advantage of. We’re actually not the ones who set that limit, we have very little control over how retailers who sell the tickets do things. There was that big war Pearl Jam had a few years back, and that didn’t end up great.

Right now, we’re trying to come up with a system to let the people who want the pre orders of tickets to have a fair chance to get them at a fair price. But it has to be for real fans who actually want the tickets, not scalpers who buy them to sell to real fans. I don’t mean “real fans” as in if you only “kinda” like us you can’t get tickets. I mean real people who want to go to a show. So we’re gonna figure something out. I know for PJ there’s the Ten Club where I get my email about tickets before they go on sale to the general public and they’re usually discounted, which is cool. So maybe that’s an idea, but we need to figure out how to do that. Maybe we do the 11 Club.

Now we’re almost done with the whole big artwork package where Mr. EL Jefe is up to his ears in artwork for this thing. We’re gonna have something really cool in the whole thing, so it’ll be nice. Details to come soon…

I’ll be doing a twitter chat tomorrow (4/19) at 5pm Eastern time (US) to answer whatever you want to ask. I’m looking forward to talking with everyone.

Lastly, we have tons of shows booked, we’re going to be announcing them as they come closer, so don’t worry if you don’t see your city or country yet, it’s really coming up. We’re gonna be touring this year and next on this record, all summer, all fall, and there’s some tours you’re gonna freak about… so just sit tight. It’s all gonna be rolling out soon. Our new single is about ready to be revealed… then the details will start rolling out!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 88
10:54 PM on 04/18/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Our new single is about ready to be revealed… then the details will start rolling out!

11:15 PM on 04/18/12
dan.is.empire
I Am Empire / Dan
User Info.
definitely a most anticipated 2012.

the whole scalping thing is pretty dumb, why do people have to ruin shows like that? just let kids have their fun and get the tickets they want.
11:25 PM on 04/18/12
BTBAM777
Big Boy
User Info.
I think Brian Fallon is the most interesting man in the world, and the most badass. Sorry Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris.
11:27 PM on 04/18/12
maxl92
User Info.

You best watch your mouth... Oh, wait, those scalpers? Yeah, those guys are dicks.
11:49 PM on 04/18/12
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
12:01 AM on 04/19/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Just let me buy this already
12:01 AM on 04/19/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Just send me the record already.
12:09 AM on 04/19/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.

You best watch your mouth... Oh, wait, those scalpers? Yeah, those guys are dicks.
Haha.
12:14 AM on 04/19/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
01:21 AM on 04/19/12
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
That was hard to read ...
Lefsetz has a pretty idiosyncratic style, but he's usually worth reading (as most industry people do). And his point on this subject is hard to argue with; there are ways to prevent scalping already available. Most acts just don't care enough to force their usage, very likely for self-interested reasons.
01:21 AM on 04/19/12
Mr. Black
A fine maker of knockoff wallets
User Info.
02:19 AM on 04/19/12
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
Too stoked for Gaslight stuff.
03:49 AM on 04/19/12
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
The Gaslight Anthem could have fought scalping if they wanted to. This isn't the first time this situation has arisen for them, either, so the ignorance card doesn't fly.

It's more lucrative to do nothing.
05:43 AM on 04/19/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
I always thought when American Slang came out they should have a sort of VIP club, where those people that paid to join get the first crack at discounted tickets among other things. Kind of in the vein of Dave Matthews' Warehouse club thing, but with some tweaks to make it more relevant to Gaslight. Maybe that's what the talk of the Club 10/11 was. I just think there are a lot of fans that are really passionate about this band and I think it could be cool. Just a suggestion.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums