Username
Password
The Rocket Summer News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 34.
05:53 PM on 04/18/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
So much of this sounds like modern day Hanson. I actually noticed a lot of similarities between the two.

I'm not sure what I think about his voice on this one...but I LOVE Bryce and everything he has done in TRS, so I'm sure the voice will grow on me.

The VERY first few words he sings are by far the thing that leaves the worst taste in my mouth. I seriously thought it might be a joke or something.
06:10 PM on 04/18/12
RunningFool
Hurry up with my damn croissant
User Info.
I approve of this song title.
06:18 PM on 04/18/12
dylanandtea
all luck and pop-punk.
User Info.
As much as it is definitely The Rocket Summer, it has a different feel to it than I expected.

Pleasantly surprised.
Bryce is such a good dude.
07:28 PM on 04/18/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
Pretty meh. Still excited though. Most of Of Men and Angels was really good.
07:43 PM on 04/18/12
PengusNiugnep
I slept right through the good part
User Info.
So much of this sounds like modern day Hanson. I actually noticed a lot of similarities between the two.

I'm not sure what I think about his voice on this one...but I LOVE Bryce and everything he has done in TRS, so I'm sure the voice will grow on me.

The VERY first few words he sings are by far the thing that leaves the worst taste in my mouth. I seriously thought it might be a joke or something.

I agree with this entire post.
10:02 PM on 04/18/12
TheSkyline
www.pillowtalktn.bandcamp .com
User Info.
This is good!
10:04 PM on 04/18/12
chcougar1
User Info.
Doesn't stand out in any way like most of his previous tracks do. Hopefully it grows on me.
10:42 PM on 04/18/12
shwaz499
User Info.
has a third eye blind vibe. like it.
01:45 AM on 04/19/12
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
this doesn't beat anything on the pop pefercetion that was Do You feel?
04:45 AM on 04/19/12
jackSHIT
User Info.
hope this record has more of a H,GF vibe.
05:30 AM on 04/19/12
_thisisme*
www.killferelli.com
User Info.
Doesn't hit me as hard as So Much Love or You Gotta Believe did, but I'm sure it will grow on me.
07:28 AM on 04/19/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
has a third eye blind vibe. like it.

I knew this song reminded me of someone.. you called that perfectly.

And for those saying it sounds "less produced," let's be real: the highest quality that's currently allowed for this vid is 480p which directly affects the audio. Once an actual release is available via iTunes or whatnot, I'm sure the production will be equivalent to past efforts. Aside from that, I'm totally digging all the extra guitar parts, fun little bass line and little bridge at the end (wished it was longer.. that sounded awesome).
08:02 AM on 04/19/12
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
I knew this song reminded me of someone.. you called that perfectly.

And for those saying it sounds "less produced," let's be real: the highest quality that's currently allowed for this vid is 480p which directly affects the audio. Once an actual release is available via iTunes or whatnot, I'm sure the production will be equivalent to past efforts. Aside from that, I'm totally digging all the extra guitar parts, fun little bass line and little bridge at the end (wished it was longer.. that sounded awesome).
That's true, I didn't take into account the video quality. I still think he let the vocals go a little rougher this time though
08:08 AM on 04/19/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's true, I didn't take into account the video quality. I still think he let the vocals go a little rougher this time though

I thought the same thing when I heard the first 20-30 seconds of the song, but then typical Bryce came forward. I like the change.. it'll take some getting used to, but all in all it seems like he's headed in a good direction with the new album.
08:27 AM on 04/19/12
srduncan
User Info.
I'm torn. I remember always listening to him and Calender Days back in the day. His first two releases still hold a special place in my heart, possibly for nostalgia. But every release since has just kind of interested me less. I really respect him for his talent and work ethic but I don't know if I really can dig TRS anymore.
I am right there with you! My two albums are calendar days and do you feel. there is just a special place in my heart for those two albums! Love him though, and the live shows are priceless. Hardcore. A chorus of energy. We'll see if the new stuff grows on me (seems loaded with creativity, so i'm hopeful).

I love his absolutepunk profile pic. priceless :)
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS