AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Gaslight Anthem News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Gaslight Anthem Article on Spin

Posted by - 01:11 PM on 04/20/12
Spin has posted an in-the-studio feature with The Gaslight Anthem.
From the ArticleContinues Fallon: "He would just straight up tell us that something wasn't good, or just say that's not a good song. Fortunately that didn't happen too often." O'Brien wasn't inclined to send the band back to tinker or pander. He'd just hit delete and move on. "If it's not good, he would throw it out," explains Fallon. "So that leaves you with a certain sense of not getting married to anything until it's actually on the record."

Submitted by ragnarokstar

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
01:24 PM on 04/20/12
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
I doubt anything "wasn't good" ... maybe not up to TGA's lofty standards, but definitely still good.
01:31 PM on 04/20/12
Blink2226
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i hope they dont pull a four year strong, "It's really big, like Tom Petty songs played by Pearl Jam or the Foo Fighters," well the foo fighters reference mainly. by that i mean that FYS said they are playing songs that are bigger like arena rock and they failed.
01:41 PM on 04/20/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
i hope they dont pull a four year strong, "It's really big, like Tom Petty songs played by Pearl Jam or the Foo Fighters," well the foo fighters reference mainly. by that i mean that FYS said they are playing songs that are bigger like arena rock and they failed.
FYS and Gaslight Anthem don't deserve to be anywhere in the same sentence.
01:43 PM on 04/20/12
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
Gaslight's not a silly band like FYS, so they'll pull it off well.
01:46 PM on 04/20/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For anyone interested, El Jefe posted an interesting comment on Dimestore Saints, implying that Handwritten will be released in September.

"Also, Handwritten is amazing... You are going to shit when you see what is coming. Logging off now for the next five months."

Also, prior to the release of American Slang and The '59 Sound, he posted lyrics to songs that hadn't been released yet.

Edit: A lot of shit is going down in the thread on DSS about Handwritten. So far, they've compiled a titles of 6/11 songs on the record: Biloxi Parish, Mae, 45", Here Comes My Man, Too Much Blood and Handwritten.
01:48 PM on 04/20/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Can someone paste the article into here? I can't see it on my computer....website is weird...
01:48 PM on 04/20/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
For anyone interested, El Jefe posted an interesting comment on Dimestore Saints, implying that Handwritten will be released in September.

"Also, Handwritten is amazing... You are going to shit when you see what is coming. Logging off now for the next five months."
That's factually wrong.
01:50 PM on 04/20/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
People on that forum are freaking out. I don't know if he just said 5 months for whatever reason or if he actually knows a release date.

If you are aware of anything confirmed, could you just tell me if it won't be coming out that late?
01:52 PM on 04/20/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
People on that forum are freaking out. I don't know if he just said 5 months for whatever reason or if he actually knows a release date.

If you are aware of anything confirmed, could you just tell me if it won't be coming out that late?
It's definitely not coming out that late.
01:54 PM on 04/20/12
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.

it's coming out in June (or somewhere around that summer-y time); been stated a few times already in other articles, including this one.

i don't think el jefe's "five month" comment meant anything other than maybe he'll be superbusy over the new few months.
01:55 PM on 04/20/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
From the notebook that is open, people have been able to read these lyrics:

"repeating, drop the needle again
oh but that ain't the way."

"let it out, let me in. take a hold of my hand."

"all these words: handwritten."

I'm pretty sure Brian won't be playing guitar on the next tour, instead focusing on singing, as he said Ian Perkins is now TGA's touring guitarist. Don't know if I am a fan of that but yeah.
01:55 PM on 04/20/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Excited to hear a "BIG" version of Biloxi Parish- love the soundboard version going around.
02:06 PM on 04/20/12
Ponyboy
i'm stayin gold
User Info.
Jesus I can't wait for this
02:06 PM on 04/20/12
ThisIsNotDan
User Info.
"grungy" huh, I'm down. cannot wait to hear this

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates