AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
TV News - Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 160.
07:18 PM on 04/23/12
Alextisonfire
User Info.
The "girl" part just sounded like it was used as an insult. So why did you say "20-year-old college girl" and not just "20-year-old college student"?

I'm honestly not picking with you (I'm probably one of the most civil posters on this site)--but do you see how that can be misinterpreted? And in my opinion a 20-year-old dudes lyrical prowess is just as shitty as a 20-year-old girls. Idk, maybe I'm just over-thinking today...
Well put. No need to call out a particular sex when critiquing.
07:32 PM on 04/23/12
anamericangod
User Info.
The "girl" part just sounded like it was used as an insult. So why did you say "20-year-old college girl" and not just "20-year-old college student"?

I'm honestly not picking with you (I'm probably one of the most civil posters on this site)--but do you see how that can be misinterpreted? And in my opinion a 20-year-old dude's lyrical prowess is just as shitty as a 20-year-old girl's. Idk, maybe I'm just over-thinking today...
No, I don't really see how it could be misinterpreted like that. Saying that it sounds like it was from a whiny college girl is nothing like saying "This sounds like it was written by a female songwriter who sucks and is inferior to her male counterpart." I wasn't talking about songwriting ability being dictated by gender. At all.
07:41 PM on 04/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
hilarious. loved that part of the movie

Glad someone got it!
07:51 PM on 04/23/12
camperfrequency
Troy and Abed in the Morning!
User Info.
"Fuck you, Miles Davis!" ::jumps through gong::

21 Jump Street reference?
08:12 PM on 04/23/12
OhNoVandetosII
User Info.
it didn't seem like he was upset, surprised or bitter about it, he gave his honest opinion on the version when asked

lets all settle down
08:28 PM on 04/23/12
i12punk
Accents
User Info.

Only version of this song worth any mention at all.

False:

08:31 PM on 04/23/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.

I'm honestly not picking with you (I'm probably one of the most civil posters on this site)--but do you see how that can be misinterpreted? And in my opinion a 20-year-old dude's lyrical prowess is just as shitty as a 20-year-old girl's. Idk, maybe I'm just over-thinking today...

That's the way it came off to me too but he'll never admit it because he's dumb.

Well said.

never really cared for the song until the glee version lol. oops?
yeah, glee uses too much autotune for singers that don't need it, but i've grown to accept that, and i'm a sucker for Darren (and Matt in this case). curious to know how Darren feels, since he's actually been a Gotye fan for a while haha.
also, it's always funny to see people who treat glee as if it was the worst thing ever created or something. do you feel cool now?

Everything about this post is perfect.
08:37 PM on 04/23/12
glogglies
User Info.
No, I don't really see how it could be misinterpreted like that. Saying that it sounds like it was from a whiny college girl is nothing like saying "This sounds like it was written by a female songwriter who sucks and is inferior to her male counterpart." I wasn't talking about songwriting ability being dictated by gender. At all.
How could you NOT see it could be misinterpreted like that? lol.
09:09 PM on 04/23/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
fuckstick you forgot about this one....it doesn't get enough attention. plus the chick is cute.
so cute.
09:30 PM on 04/23/12
drewbaldy
phaynes1 sucks
User Info.
No, I mean the original. The song is hardly anything exceptional, is rather trite, and has the lyrical prowess of a college girl in her early 20s.

Using the word trite doesn't make you smart. You are wrong.
09:45 PM on 04/23/12
xent
this is what separates me from you!
User Info.
gotye should know this will happen if his song is covered by glee
09:59 PM on 04/23/12
Zamilton Nerfy
is goin to Bear Prom
User Info.
What is Neal Caffrey doing on Glee??
10:01 PM on 04/23/12
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
User Info.
hahahahahaha i just became a fan of gotye
10:23 PM on 04/23/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
It's not. It's just really cool to hate Glee.

It stopped being cool to hate Glee two years ago when people cared about the show.

21 Jump Street reference?

You betcha.
10:35 PM on 04/23/12
Basketcase
User Info.
Glee is shit and Gotye is overrated
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives