Username
Password
Warped Tour News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Warped Tour
Inside AP.net

MSL Looking for Warped Tour Volunteers

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/24/12)
Want to volunteer for Music Saves Lives at Warped Tour this year? All of the information is in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
10:25 AM on 04/24/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Volunteering is so important and for the last 7 years we have had some great help. Helping at the Vans warped Tour is not easy, it's hot, and can get super crazy. Every year we have been very fortunate with having 2 or 3 volunteers at each venue.

We have a new system that everyone must sign up with to be considered to work with us at the 2012 Vans Warped Tour. If you have worked with us in the past that's a BIG plus for you, but everyone must still sign up at MyNextGig.com. The information below will help you get connected.

Thursday we are sending off the information about donating blood and getting backstage for this years Vans Warped Tour. We have a bunch of cities we are working with the American Red Cross in and a bunch with the New York Blood Centers along with a few hospitals.

You MUST go on-line at our Donation Map to find out what your area is doing. You must follow the instruction or you could miss out. We will be announcing the 2012 MSL program this Thursday and each location will have instructions posted.

Thank you for always being there! Get your tickets to the Vans Warped Tour and be part of the Music Saves Lives life saving programs.
11:00 AM on 04/24/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Literally the only reason I'll find myself at Warped Tour this year.
Edit: The blood drives, not the actually working.
11:04 AM on 04/24/12
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
Wait, so for giving blood do you just get back stage passes, or a free ticket?

I couldn't care less about a backstage pass, I just want to get in for free.
11:31 AM on 04/24/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
Never understood this -- "Hey, come inside and work for free all day -- be sure and not watch any of the bands".
11:35 AM on 04/24/12
Oeightyfour
User Info.
So you give them your time for free? And they can't give get you a free ticket to Warped....or am i mis-reading that last statement (" Get your tickets to the Vans Warped Tour and be part of the Music Saves Lives life saving programs.")?
11:39 AM on 04/24/12
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
If I can donate blood for a free ticket thats more than worth it. Am I understanding this right? haha
11:39 AM on 04/24/12
SaintSammy17
I have nothing witty to write here.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wait, so for giving blood do you just get back stage passes, or a free ticket?

I couldn't care less about a backstage pass, I just want to get in for free.
Donating blood gets you a wristband that allows you to be able to watch bands from onstage (all except for the mainstage) and gets you free water refills all day as long as you provide the empty water bottle. It was an absolute lifesaver when I went to Kansas City Warped back in 2010. If these aren't the same perks anymore than sorry for the misinformation!

edit: and no, you do not get a free ticket to Warped just for donating. I think the only way you get a free ticket is for volunteering, in which case you literally have to stay at the tent the whole day and work (or go out and pass out flyers or something). There won't be any time to watch any bands unless there is a stage close enough to your tent.
01:03 PM on 04/24/12
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
you get a stage pass pretty much where you can get food and water etc in the back as well... you can usually switch out with other people to watch bands unless your really underhanded, there should be at least 5 people not 2 or 3 that's kind of dumb I would never sit at the table all day
01:24 PM on 04/24/12
RouletteDares
Stay Gold
User Info.
i'm interested in volunteering but i'm confused on how you actually get to "apply"
01:25 PM on 04/24/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I always just go and get a wristband, they come in pretty handy. I got to go backstage anyways with one and met Tom Delonge a few years ago.
08:20 PM on 04/24/12
PepperminCherry
User Info.
I feel like asking people to donate blood, in the summertime, at an outdoor concert, where people are going crazy sounds like the ultimate recipe for disaster. Correct me if I'm wrong?
09:43 PM on 04/24/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
So could someone explain this that understands it. You work the tent and get free admit...but don't see any bands. You do what to get the wristband? The only way to get in free with them is not seeing any bands then?
03:15 AM on 04/25/12
BLeClair12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I feel like asking people to donate blood, in the summertime, at an outdoor concert, where people are going crazy sounds like the ultimate recipe for disaster. Correct me if I'm wrong?
You don't donate the blood at your Warped date itself. It's at one of many American Red Cross Blood Drives throughout the country in the weeks leading up to Warped.
08:51 AM on 04/25/12
PepperminCherry
User Info.
You don't donate the blood at your Warped date itself. It's at one of many American Red Cross Blood Drives throughout the country in the weeks leading up to Warped.
So....why a tent at the venue then? I'm really confused >.<

If it was set in stone that I was going to warped, I would do this in a heartbeat.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums