ajakober
Have Brain, Will Travel
User Info.
Oh good. Another band with a laptop.
05:35 AM on 04/30/12
radiofriendly
stachy destroyer
User Info.
man that guns for hands song is catchy...
07:03 AM on 04/30/12
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
Good question. I found Shaant, the vocalist for CIWWAF, vultures, 1996, Gabilliam (the Gabe Saporta/William Beckett shipping), Some Nights, fangs up, and Santi so far. Still struggling to find the rest, but don't know how to approach it.
does this mean shannt will get re signed lol
07:20 AM on 04/30/12
Epilogueboy
User Info.
Couldn't disagree with you more, but I'm sure you're very knowledgable in music business...sneeze sneeze
Haha Drew, I love you.
07:24 AM on 04/30/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
At work, but what do these guys sound like?
08:18 AM on 04/30/12
MindtheGetz
User Info.
At work, but what do these guys sound like?

Sorry but you'll just have to listen, haha. Someone I know once described them as Eminem meets Owl City...but that's a pretty cringeworthy description.

Was at their show where they made the annoucement, posted a review of it yesterday! http://iamtunedup.com/2012/04/29/con...n-columbus-oh/
08:20 AM on 04/30/12
kennedyAM
Every Never Is Now
User Info.
Not bad. Listened on spotify. Kinda unique?
09:08 AM on 04/30/12
dominodownfall
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Still probably knew somebody haha. Not that many bands just get signed out of no where in 2012 to this sorta label. Interested to check these guys out though based on the comments.
If you watch their live videos from Newport, you will see that their talent alone got them signed out of nowhere. They were a local Ohio band that sold out a venue that bands like Neon Trees and The Maine won't sell out.
09:22 AM on 04/30/12
SureAsRain
The Motel Life / Michael
User Info.
Yeah I don't think selling out shows in your hometown is going to really put you on anyone's map. Sell out shows on tours, strong record sales, digital sales, etc.. now we're talking. On a side note, I've played to no one at Skullys before. Good times.

My point being..labels in 2012 don't have an A&R that's out there searching for unknown bands that they are going to bring up and help build on their own like in say 2001. Labels want bands that are self-sufficient. Have toured successfully on their own, sold records, etc. The age of "this band has potential" is seemingly no more..it's about what you can do right now.

Also, after listening..these guys are awesome. Wish them the best of luck.

This. I'm sure the fact that they sold out these venues got them in contact with various labels and a snowball effect followed with word of mouth, but FBR would not sign a band that isn't already working their asses off. Hence those attributes you talked about (record sales, tours, etc) would really factor in. Think of all the work that Fun is putting in right now. That is no easy task. I'm hoping for the best for these guys.

Side note, I would have went to your show if I wasn't in California :)
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS