Username
Password

08:51 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
ohheroine
c o l o r s
Montevallo, AL
Female - 30 Years Old
I really really love this music. It has such a queen-vibe to it and i cant stop listening.
09:11 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I still love this album, but I never want to here "We Are Young" again. That song got killed so quickly that I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck happened.
09:13 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
Philadelphia
Female - 25 Years Old
I don't listen to the radio. Maybe that's why I still love it
12:44 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
Smash Adams
Ain't no thing like me, except me
Long Island
Male - 26 Years Old
12:51 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
I don't listen to the radio, ever really... but on Saturday I was in my girlfriends car and between switching out CDs heard "We are Young" snippets twice (2), listened to Some Nights on the drive upon my own accord (3), then met up with some other friends who played "We Are Young" twice off their iPod (5), and I think I heard it somewhere else (6). That is 6 times in one day, and it amazes me more than anything
12:53 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
irthesteve
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
Clever level: 10
Visuals: 9
Instrumental rendition: 3
12:54 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Likewise.
04:06 PM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
irthesteve
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
I made my girlfriend a Kanye mix the other day and we were listening to "Runaway," she says "This sounds like fun."

Nice.
08:59 PM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member

I don't listen to the radio ever, but this song still seems to be playing everywhere I go, and my friends all seem to think it's the greatest thing since the Beatles or something. That wouldn't bother me, but every time I try to put on another song from this album, my roommates will inevitably skip to that song which is, arguably, one of the weakest on the record.
09:09 PM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
Philadelphia
Female - 25 Years Old
I don't listen to the radio ever, but this song still seems to be playing everywhere I go, and my friends all seem to think it's the greatest thing since the Beatles or something. That wouldn't bother me, but every time I try to put on another song from this album, my roommates will inevitably skip to that song which is, arguably, one of the weakest on the record.

Nope. Never had any of those problems.
09:14 PM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Nope. Never had any of those problems.

Lucky for you. Really though, I think "We Are Young" had a strong potential to be really, really fucking annoying from the get-go, and it reached that potential very quickly.
12:43 AM on 05/03/12 
User Info.
irthesteve
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
I happened to be the first person to comment on a photo on their page. Got 23 likes on my comment in less than 3 minutes, wtf.
10:50 AM on 05/03/12 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
My friends used to do that with a lot of albums I was into. I don't know if there's any other songs on the album besides "Some Nights" that will have the same mainstream appeal and grab you instantly. Granted, I'm not huge into the album, so my opinion differs from most people in this thread.

Also, "We Are Young" is overplayed to death.
12:34 PM on 05/03/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
My friends used to do that with a lot of albums I was into. I don't know if there's any other songs on the album besides "Some Nights" that will have the same mainstream appeal and grab you instantly. Granted, I'm not huge into the album, so my opinion differs from most people in this thread.

Also, "We Are Young" is overplayed to death.

It's too bad, because there are a ton of huge songs on this record, but it's doubtful that any of them will get the attention "We Are Young" has. But my favorite song on the record is "Stars," which is never, ever going to be a single.
07:00 PM on 05/03/12 
User Info.
pleasedontask
Butter On A Summer Day...
Jacksonville, FL
Male
No one's listening to the NPR stream? Barlights always fucking kills live. Someone needs to rip this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos